#JusticeForBedtimeStories: #1 on iTunes USA!

lucasciccone

1 minute ago, azrael said:

It's times like this I miss the banterful slum that was MChile. :laughing: There was no such thing as staff intervention or logical arguments - just hot topics with pages of incredible shit slinging and formidable comebacks. Used to be great fun trawling through it haha.

The thought police are everywhere. You know it was only when the people started to participate in the policing that fascism and totalitarian succeeded and prevailed at any point in history. It’s only once the collaborators are inconvenienced that they wake up to the moral outrage. I imagine it works the same on an online forum. Little Orwellian “Animal Farms” everywhere. ?

5 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

The thought police are everywhere. You know it was only when the people started to participate in the policing that fascism and totalitarian succeeded and prevailed at any point in history. It’s only once the collaborators are inconvenienced that they wake up to the moral outrage. I imagine it works the same on an online forum. Little Orwellian “Animal Farms” everywhere. ?

I couldn't agree more. You're not allowed to have a view now that doesn't fit the narrative. God help you too if you try to present a well constructed argument. You'll just get attacked ad hominem. I find admiring the Orwellian settlements from a distance helps. :hearno:

23 minutes ago, azrael said:

I couldn't agree more. You're not allowed to have a view now that doesn't fit the narrative. God help you too if you try to present a well constructed argument. You'll just get attacked ad hominem. I find admiring the Orwellian settlements from a distance helps. :hearno:

Well I appreciate your use of language and your desire to persist. Intelligence is hot. Anytime you want to discuss something controversial or paradoxical, feel free to reach out! I love it ALL! 

Am I the only one who thinks this is frivolous? I mean this is iTunes in 2020; getting to #1 on there isn't particularly difficult nor is it really a noteworthy milestone imo, especially when you consider that the album most likely only went to #1 because a bunch of fans who already have the album simply bought/streamed it again calling it "justice".

The Mariah, Janet and Britney stans have also tried doing this with their fave albums this past week and it just makes me laugh. Get those extra 1,500 copies/2x tissue paper certification I guess.

Edited by Nahual (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

I think justice for hung up - despite receiving ZERO airplay in America - it’s strong sales allowed it to debut at No. 7.

But there is no way we can help it chart on Billboard, so even if miraculously we get the song to #1 on iTunes, it won't do it any justice. 

On 5/2/2020 at 7:14 AM, Enrico said:

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/9370383/madonna-mariah-carey-janet-jackson-albums-sales-gains-itunes-store?__twitter_impression=true

As for Bedtime Stories, it shifted a little over 1,000 copies for the week, while Control sold just under 1,000. Again, the bulk of each album’s sales were driven by digital sales -- nearly 1,000 for Bedtime Stories on April 30 (the day it was No. 1 in the iTunes Store) and a little under, 1,000 for Control across three days (April 28-30). Like with E=MC2, both Bedtime Stories and Control generally sell a negligible figure on any normal day.

1k for just one day doesn't sound bad at all! I wonder what would be its total for the other days :)

3 hours ago, Jackie said:

I think justice for hung up - despite receiving ZERO airplay in America - it’s strong sales allowed it to debut at No. 7.

Hung Up received moderate airplay in America.

It went to #27 on the US airplay chart

Medillian received ZERO airplay in America, but not Hung Up

Even Sorry was played a bit in the US

7 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Hung Up received moderate airplay in America.

It went to #27 on the US airplay chart

Medillian received ZERO airplay in America, but not Hung Up

Even Sorry was played a bit in the US

Hung Up's peak on Hot 100 Airplay (Overall) was #42 for one week, #29 was on Adult Contemporary

On 4/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, lucasciccone said:

So... yeah. The fans has been buying and streaming Bedtime Stories today and has started to raise up in the iTunes charts in USA and Canada. Fans has been spreading the word and celebrate the fact with the hashtag #JusticeforBedtimeStories.

Other fanbases has been doing the same thing

"STAY HOME" while I go have some fun at Klein's party. 
She's so ridiculous these days.

Well iTunes isn't really a thing anymore. Apple doesn't even promote it anymore as they decided two years ago to move away from that platform and heavily promote and invest in Apple Music. In fact, they overhauled Apple phones so that Apple Music is on page one of everyone's phone and iTunes is not only listed with a name, it's stuck on the second page. I wouldn't be surprised if they one day drop it all together. It seems the industry has accepted that streaming is the future. 

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

Well iTunes isn't really a thing anymore. Apple doesn't even promote it anymore as they decided two years ago to move away from that platform and heavily promote and invest in Apple Music. In fact, they overhauled Apple phones so that Apple Music is on page one of everyone's phone and iTunes is not only listed with a name, it's stuck on the second page. I wouldn't be surprised if they one day drop it all together. It seems the industry has accepted that streaming is the future. 

I hate streaming, specially if her records are miss labeled, tracks are mixed, records dissapear, and not all tracks and remixes are available. It sucks. 

46 minutes ago, emanon said:

just got a message on whastapp that on twitter there is also #justiceformadamex

lol. I think Madame X got its justice. It debuted at No. 1 - the singles that were released to the clubs did really well. She got great exposure from the Billboard awards, Medellin got great airplay on BBC Radio 2 (was even featured for a few weeks) - Crave received good Adult Contemporary airplay. All in all, I would say that's a pretty good outcome! 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

lol. I think Madame X got its justice. It debuted at No. 1 - the singles that were released to the clubs did really well. She got great exposure from the Billboard awards, Medellin got great airplay on BBC Radio 2 (was even featured for a few weeks) - Crave received good Adult Contemporary airplay. All in all, I would say that's a pretty good outcome! 

She gave an interview last year to Harry Smith where he asked her what the measure for success was for this record. She said she wanted a handful of people to understand her messages behind the songs and be inspired by them, knowing Madame X is not for everyone, neither is it background music. In that sense I believe she did achieve success. I mean she gave great messages with songs like I Rise, God Control, Killers etc. and quite a few reviewers and fans were happy to hear what she had to say. It's not quite the commercial record so half a million copies is decent. But I don't think she found justice by non fans and most fans never quite understood the production and the way the record was executed. It would be nice if at least the latter were to be achieved at some point. It's a futuristic record and she herself has said that she loves making robotic sounds that hold something humanly emotional in them. Maybe those robots are us that never pause to actually enjoy the simplicity of life. So yeah, Madame X I think deserved better justice amongst fans, as many dismiss it along with the rest of her latest work. It's her first not rushed record in forever, she meant everything she did in it and people should embrace it for exactly what it is.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic