thegoldencalf

Video Versions Audio 1983-1989

35 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Are you saying Like A Prayer video version on The Immaculate Collection DVD is different to Celebration DVD?

The video version on The Immaculate Collection VHS & LD is the same version on the Celebration DVD (album version). The video version on The Immaculate Collection DVD uses the 7'' Version in the middle of the song.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

The video version on The Immaculate Collection VHS & LD is the same version on the Celebration DVD (album version). The video version on The Immaculate Collection DVD uses the 7'' Version in the middle of the song.

I've never heard of this before. I've listened to The Immaculate Collection DVD and Celebration DVD and they sound the same to me. Do you know where they are supposed to be different? I thought there was only one Like A Prayer video :thinker:

2 hours ago, baymad4her said:

I've never heard of this before. I've listened to The Immaculate Collection DVD and Celebration DVD and they sound the same to me. Do you know where they are supposed to be different? I thought there was only one Like A Prayer video :thinker:

In my PAL DVD, the video starts with the album version -> 00:40 changes to the 7'' version -> at the end (05:06) changes to the Album Version again. I don't know on the NTSC Version.

The video from the PAL DVD without touch anything (1:1 copy) You can hear the end of "La Isla Bonita" at the beginning of "Like A Prayer" : 

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

3 hours ago, baymad4her said:

There’s a few versions that use the PCM track from the laserdisc where LAV and LAP are in their original versions and Express Yourself sounds dreadful. 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:21 PM, Aiwa08 said:

In my PAL DVD, the video starts with the album version -> 00:40 changes to the 7'' version -> at the end (05:06) changes to the Album Version again. I don't know on the NTSC Version.

The video from the PAL DVD without touch anything (1:1 copy) You can hear the end of "La Isla Bonita" at the beginning of "Like A Prayer" : 

I'm sorry but I hear no difference in the Like A Prayer videos. I have played The Immaculate Collection DVD and the Celebration DVD that I have and played the one you shared and they sound the same to me.

40 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I'm sorry but I hear no difference in the Like A Prayer videos. I have played The Immaculate Collection DVD and the Celebration DVD that I have and played the one you shared and they sound the same to me.

I guess you don't know the differences between the 7'' Version and the album version except for the electric guitar at the end of the 7'' Version (don't worry, my best friend think that the 7'' Version and the Album Version are the same version)

At least, check at 4:40. In the Immaculate Collection DVD the sound effect is gone. You can hear the sound effect in the Celebration DVD.

22 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I guess you don't know the differences between the 7'' Version and the album version except for the electric guitar at the end of the 7'' Version.

At least, check at 4:40. In the Immaculate Collection DVD the sound effect is gone. You can hear the sound effect in the Celebration DVD.

Thanks, now I can see there is a difference in the sound effect, although the version still sounds the same. I just can't tell the difference between the Album Version and the 7" Version.

52 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Listen closely to the first verse in both versions. 

It would be really good if you included which versions also featured on Celebration DVD so we don't get them mixed up.

Also, you missed out Gambler (Alternative Edit) with different scenes from the original video.

Are you saying Like A Virgin (with lion's tongue) The Immaculate Collection DVD is a different version to The Immaculate Collection VHS and Laserdisc?

These video versions give me a right headache :hyper:

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Can you help with a comprehensive list of what’s been altered on celebration dvd?

The Celebration DVD has the original video with the album version + fx effects. It's the same video available on the Immaculate Collection VHS & LD. 

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I meant for all the videos from this list

Ufff, I can't do it. I love her video-clips but I only know perfectly a few (express yourself, open your hear, la isla bonita, Like A Prayer...). I've learned many things about her videoclips thanks to your list in the first post.

For the Celebration DVD, didnt they remove a lot of the original videos audios and replaced them with newly (and badly) edited "remasters?"

I recall the intro on the Frozen video on Celebration having a fade-in like the radio edit, unlike the original video which had the same intro as the album version.

And Get Together video, doesn't use the original edit. But a re-edit of the album version.

2 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

What I know is that the ending of papa don't preach on celebration is really badly edited, I'm talking about the audio. The proper audio can be found on the immaculate DVD though. 

Yes, I noticed this too. It's not the original audio ending, it's just a badly edited loop from the album version.

4 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

What I know is that the ending of papa don't preach on celebration is really badly edited, I'm talking about the audio. The proper audio can be found on the immaculate DVD though. 

Also Lucky Star has a completely new edit instead of the 7” and I’m not sure but I feel like they used the 2001 remastered version for burning up.