It's been a year and a half she hides her butt

Redha DBL

5 hours ago, diegolcl said:

I get the sentiment behind people who don't want to talk about it (and even pretend is not true LOL) saying that it's her body, her rules, but those same people argue about her hairstyles, ponytail X curls, tour costumes, her mole, teeth gap... What's the difference? It's all her choice as well.

Absolutely. On a Madonna forum her music is not even 50% of the threads topics. As you say you can talk about her hair, her costumes, her teeth gap, her mole, her men (and trash them)... all of these are also her choices, but you cannot talk about the beauty procedure she makes. I'm not someone who avoid certain topics, people should be free to discuss every topics, without being insulting of course. There is this omerta going on for 12 years about her face, so you cannot mention her face anymore on any forums, now there's also a rule of silence about her ass, so you cannot talk about it anymore too. What's next ? For me it's people who are uncomfortable about the topic or get defensive about it who have a problem with it. Do they feel they're not adult enough to discuss a given topic with respect and without being agressive ?

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Absolutely. On a Madonna forum her music is not even 50% of the threads topics. As you say you can talk about her hair, her costumes, her teeth gap, her mole, her men (and trash them)... all of these are also her choices, but you cannot talk about the beauty procedure she makes. I'm not someone who avoid certain topics, people should be free to discuss every topics, without being insulting of course. There is this omerta going on for 12 years about her face, so you cannot mention her face anymore on any forums, now there's also a rule of silence about her ass, so you cannot talk about it anymore too. What's next ? For me it's people who are uncomfortable about the topic or get defensive about it who have a problem with it. Do they feel they're not adult enough to discuss a given topic with respect and without being agressive ?

I think you're missing a broader point here sadly. Women have been scrutinised, vilified, judged, celebrated and mocked for their appearance for centuries. Whether the attention is positive or negative, it reduces a person merely to their physicality. I understand you celebrate Madonna for more than her looks but topics like this really don't help. Do you not see how hilariously sad it is to shout about one's right to discuss someone else's ass? I mean, seriously :smile:. The irony of someone calling for an adult conversation in the same breath as complaining about not being able to discuss someone else's behind is clearly lost on you.:)

22 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I think you're missing a broader point here sadly. Women have been scrutinised, vilified, judged, celebrated and mocked for their appearance for centuries. Whether the attention is positive or negative, it reduces a person merely to their physicality. I understand you celebrate Madonna for more than her looks but topics like this really don't help. Do you not see how hilariously sad it is to shout about one's right to discuss someone else's ass? I mean, seriously :smile:. The irony of someone calling for an adult conversation in the same breath as complaining about not being able to discuss someone else's behind is clearly lost on you.:)

You are missing a very important thing. I am not discussing her ass, i am discussing tye fake stuff she has put on her ass, not her body. Those things she has on her ass cheeks (implants, padding whatever you like to call it) is not a part of her body, it's something material she decided to put on her body. Same as the grills. It's an outside element she deciced to put on her body to make it look more beautiful. Huge difference here. There are no difference between adding a metal grills on your teeth or to put cotton pads or sillicone implats on your bum cheeks. In both case it's a material, not natural element you put on a part of your body. In both cases you can take them off if you want. So why is it ok to discuss the grills she puts on her teeth but not the stuff she puts on her bum ?  

We have seen her through some pretty rough photoshoots since Hard Candy, this woman is human. Which isn’t saying everyone doesn’t know that. If she is unhappy with the results of something she sees everyone else doing,  then unfortunately it’s her problem she must sort. I don’t think it was botched but simply that her body didn’t adjust to it like anticipated... or maybe it being so pumped up was the idea. No way to know. With recovery time, I imagine it couldn’t be reversed or adjusted with promo and touring already planned and going on. And now she has a hip injury which may mean she can’t have more work done in the back area for the time being. I know we like to empower women to be natural and age gracefully, but Madonna chose a different path, good or bad. She’s still beautiful and challenging. Madame X is more than the reflection in the mirror.

40 minutes ago, gafuller said:

We have seen her through some pretty rough photoshoots since Hard Candy, this woman is human. Which isn’t saying everyone doesn’t know that. If she is unhappy with the results of something she sees everyone else doing,  then unfortunately it’s her problem she must sort. I don’t think it was botched but simply that her body didn’t adjust to it like anticipated... or maybe it being so pumped up was the idea. No way to know. With recovery time, I imagine it couldn’t be reversed or adjusted with promo and touring already planned and going on. And now she has a hip injury which may mean she can’t have more work done in the back area for the time being. I know we like to empower women to be natural and age gracefully, but Madonna chose a different path, good or bad. She’s still beautiful and challenging. Madame X is more than the reflection in the mirror.

This is what i'm talking about, being to able to discuss a topic, with respect, no bashing, no pointing fingers, just talking about our feelings, our preceptions. One thing we all have in common here is that we love Madonna. 

11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yawn ? next sensible topic please ?

But what is this with those "sensible" topics we shouldn't talk about ? Is there a list or something ? Am i supposed to be afraid to talk about it ? As soon as you write "fillers" or "implants" on a Madonna forum everyone gets terrorized in a second... Have you see a single insult or a single name calling in this thread for calling it a "sensible" topic ? I see much worse attitude in threads wich are not labelled as "sensible"...

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Was this really necessary? It’s her body and she looks gorgeous, as always. Honestly there is something very off about the way some fans scrutinise her body. 

Wow it's insane how uncomfortable some topics can put the majority of her fans ! To me it's says more about the fact that they are the one who have a problem with it by refusing talking about it. For my part i can talk about anything, once again i repeat always with respect, but i can discuss anything, no taboo topics for me. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Wow it's insane how uncomfortable some topics can put the majority of her fans ! To me it's says more about the fact that they are the one who have a problem with it by refusing talking about it. For my part i can talk about anything, once again i repeat always with respect, but i can discuss anything, no taboo topics for me. 

It has nothing to do with me personally being uncomfortable or that it’s “taboo”. If anything it’s talked about way too much and I just don’t think it’s appropriate personally. I don’t think we’re in a position to judge another female’s body or what she chooses to do with it. It’s 2020. I’m not just saying this based on your post but I just personally don’t think we’re in a position to talk about her body.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

But what is this with those "sensible" topics we shouldn't talk about ? Is there a list or something ? Am i supposed to be afraid to talk about it ? As soon as you write "fillers" or "implants" on a Madonna forum everyone gets terrorized in a second... Have you see a single insult or a single name calling in this thread for calling it a "sensible" topic ? I see much worse attitude in threads wich are not labelled as "sensible"...

I meant is that really all you have to think about ? Madonna’s ass I mean I know some fans on here have no life and are starved of stuff to do but can’t we talk about how great her music is and her videos - it’s her bum and if you have an issue you can kiss it ? stop taking everyone’s comments on here so personal like they are attacking you ?

Guys let's try not to be aggressive.

I was hope was padding :( but after I went to 9x Madame X Tour the implant is real, all costumes on the tour was designer to hide her bum, she very rare give her back actually only one time in Human Nature but is dark and many times she have that white thing cover up. The guitar in American Life was only use to cover her bum. And I feel sorry for here fall in this, that woman need a big bum, because she is beautiful and strong woman and I believe this cold be the reason of here injury.       

3 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

This is what i'm talking about, being to able to discuss a topic, with respect, no bashing, no pointing fingers, just talking about our feelings, our preceptions. One thing we all have in common here is that we love Madonna. 

When we open up topics like this, we open a can of worms. But it’s up to all of us to conduct ourselves accordingly and keep the atmosphere light and cordial. I don’t think us having serious discussion about M and her body is a problem if we are considerate in tone and attitude. I don’t believe you were in the wrong, only wanting to have discussion. We have in the pass had some rough discussions about her body. Madonna can donwhag she wants and she is human with feelings and a heart, but she is a public figure and that means she and her decisions are up for discussion. Again, it’s how we conduct ourself in discussion that make it tolerable or abominable.

18 minutes ago, gafuller said:

When we open up topics like this, we open a can of worms. But it’s up to all of us to conduct ourselves accordingly and keep the atmosphere light and cordial. I don’t think us having serious discussion about M and her body is a problem if we are considerate in tone and attitude. I don’t believe you were in the wrong, only wanting to have discussion. We have in the pass had some rough discussions about her body. Madonna can donwhag she wants and she is human with feelings and a heart, but she is a public figure and that means she and her decisions are up for discussion. Again, it’s how we conduct ourself in discussion that make it tolerable or abominable.

I couldn't agree more with each words. When i open a thread like this, i do not expect it to be any different than any other thread. I mean we're supposed to be adults. We should be able to agree to disagree in peace. I was just like "she hasn't wear trousers since she has her new butt", no big deal, more a fashion discussion about Madonna and trousers (cause i love when she wears pants !) than anything else. And then people come and are angry and focus on bodyshaming (when there was absolutely no bodyshaming) and that's when it becomes something wrong. You and a few others were able to answer, give your opinion, agree or disagree in a very peaceful way. I mean, basically it's "Hey, she doesn't wear trousers anymore, doesn't she like her new butt ?!" No big deal... let's chill, discuss a bit and and then move on to aother as important stuff as "Do you prefer the BAT with ponytail or with curls ?"... i don't know, this is my philosophy...

she's always used her body as part of her art and expression. When she alters it in such an obvious way, of course people will want to talk about it. I think it's perfectly fair game to talk about her ass, modified or not.

To me she looked like she was wearing diapers at the MX shows I went to. Not a fan of the implants but whatever makes her feel better about herself. Our opinions really don't matter.

5 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

As Madonna has been telling us for the entirety of her career, you don't need permission from anyone else to discuss anything. You just have to be willing to navigate the fallout of having those opposed to what you express come at you with inappropriate, disproportionate, highly weaponized responses. I think it is absolutely pathetic that there is a minority of angry people who spend their lives thinking of how everything affects their personal sensitivity, and I am fiercely opposed to the concept of freedoms being curbed in order to not upset anyone. We have a semblance of freedom, but most have no idea how to nurture it and own it in the digital era. Freedom of expression on a Madonna forum seems intuitively guaranteed, but that's absolutely not the case, and never has been. There are people who become antagonistic and get personal in their attacks because of a lack of self-awareness and self-examination. These people, like the rest of us, will go through the necessary adjustments to their egos that are required in order to keep growing spiritually, and this usually happens through being challenged by circumstances and people who are more assured in their perspectives, and have learned "quiet boundaries". There are also plenty of people who would contribute far more on forums if there was less of this type of toxicity, which is essentially just bullying. The only way to combat it is to stay true to what interests you, and defend your right to express whatever you want without getting personal. It might not feel great to be insulted in the process, but when you don't retaliate your point has far more resonance. 

Madonna's ass does seem to have caused her far more trouble than she anticipated. One might even question if it has anything to do with any of her injuries, but let me be clear in saying so that I am neither a doctor nor do I have any personal insight into her health, her body or her personal philosophy regarding such matters. I am free to speculate, however, that the Olympian athleticism she dedicated her life to in order to be able to put on the monumental tours she has throughout the decades (each of which tells an epic tale of the journey from darkness to light) has taken its toll on her body in recent years, and as a visual artist and performer she has a very different idea of self-maintenance, self-preservation and self-enhancement to the majority of people. It would be impossible to see life through the exceptional lens that Madonna has access to, and so I personally try to step back and find less judgement in myself of the things that make me uncomfortable about her choices. In doing so, I am able to give her the fullness of the empowerment she deserves in order to be the architect of her vision, whatever that may be and no matter how different that might be from my own perspective. She is 61! As she stated in the NY Times piece 'Madonna at 60', when that ridiculous journalist squandered her opportunity to gain real insight into her subject by instead making it entirely about herself, "What is the truth? Your truth when you're 18 is not going to be your truth when you're 28 or when you're 38. Life is not black and white. It's gray, and one minute you're going to feel so strongly and believe in something so strongly, and then maybe you won't in five years."

Imagine how many times her mind has changed over the years about any number of things in order to evolve into the person she is today! It's precisely because of this that she keeps going in spite of what is said about her. I aim to live by the same values, and I always aim to respect and gain a deeper understanding of what makes Madonna tick...because in some ways, she is telling me how things can be for the rest of us when we mature. Being a Madonna fan really is more rewarding when we try to understand her philosophy, even when it leads to a big fake ass. I don't think anyone can really criticize Madonna without having stepped in her shoes. I don't think anyone can understand her perspective until they have reached her age. Imagine how extraordinary Madonna's drive must be to have been putting on masks for decades for the sake of artistic expression. Most people would have reached 35 and become too self-aware, and then disappeared in fear of losing themselves. Madonna is absolutely unique in every way.

I wonder about the psychological motivations and ramifications to even consider, let alone carry through with such a procedure as rumored, and then to have such an awkward reaction from the public. Similar to today’s big Adele reveal, I just hope she is ok and happy with herself. I can’t imagine either Star reading comments from strangers online is helpful. The polarization amongst fans and the GP is interesting too.