When Madonna copied Britney

In '00, Britney embarked on the 'oOps, I did it Again tour'. She descended from a metal ball that was lowered on stage and then lifted again to reveal her. This was the exact same thing Madonna did in '05's 'MTV music Awards' promoting coadf/'Hung up' single.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again_Tour

https://postimg.cc/TpGSLxN9

and in '06 throught the spectacular coadf tour

at the same time, Britney did the promo photoshoots for 'oops' the album as well as the tour promo. Madonna did exactley the same ;

Oops_I_Did_it_Again_Tour_(poster).pnghttps://w

ww.google.gr/imgres?imgurl=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/86/be/3786be0ce67424b35a1457dbba18c82a.jpg&imgrefurl=https://br.pinterest.com/santhally/madonna/&h=683&w=538&tbnid=Z2bIs_rqwwCXPM&tbnh=253&tbnw=199&usg=AI4_-kRqGz93jcKtt61LToNBqiiHkYmgsA&vet=1&docid=buFkrWQGxNCrmM&hl=el

The Madonna photoshoot was done in late 99, before Britney's was released, they probably shot them at the same time.

The discoball is probably just a coincidence. I doubt she mined Britney's entrance from five years before. She probably barely remembered it, if she ever saw it. Britney's career was mostly dead in '05 thanks to Kevin Federline, among other things. If Madonna had the discoball entrance in Drowned World I might have agreed with you.

And honestly if she did copy, she did it far better

You could do things like this for a million artists, including Madonna. I am sure I could make a case for Madonna copying other people for everything she ever did

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

I'm sorry, but didn't someone from the 70's descend from a giant orb/lemon in one of their concerts? Pink Floyd? Bowie? I forget who...

yeah I think one time before with a lemon was U2 on their Popmart tour back in 97 during the Lemon interlude, they all came out from a giant lemon metal thingy

wou7YNDwZWfPdhqJ-8USJ8b8aKryJ-MylOmrC4J-

also, M herself descended from a giant disco ball back in '93 too but she was on top of it tho

7ea63fbdf0d99fd975bdc1977e7f469f.png

This was part of the "American Pie"/"The Next Best Thing" promotion (Jan-Feb-March 2000):

4f82562c462bcd2443705d1655f8c7d2.jpg

Britney's "Oops!" album was released later, in May 2000.

rs_600x600-170516063915-R-217365-1368683

Maybe it just was taken in the same place or Britney or the photographer felt inspired or whatever. I remember thinking at the time "mmm, Britney must be a fan!" but not the "OMG, she copied Madonna!!!".

58 minutes ago, Ian said:

yeah I think one time before with a lemon was U2 on their Popmart tour back in 97 during the Lemon interlude, they all came out from a giant lemon metal thingy

wou7YNDwZWfPdhqJ-8USJ8b8aKryJ-MylOmrC4J-

also, M herself descended from a giant disco ball back in '93 too but she was on top of it tho

7ea63fbdf0d99fd975bdc1977e7f469f.png

It was Pink Floyd, '94

6 hours ago, me1981 said:

The Madonna photoshoot was done in late 99, before Britney's was released, they probably shot them at the same time.

The discoball is probably just a coincidence. I doubt she mined Britney's entrance from five years before. She probably barely remembered it, if she ever saw it. Britney's career was mostly dead in '05 thanks to Kevin Federline, among other things. If Madonna had the discoball entrance in Drowned World I might have agreed with you.

And honestly if she did copy, she did it far better

You could do things like this for a million artists, including Madonna. I am sure I could make a case for Madonna copying other people for everything she ever did

She had copied a lot of people from Debby Harry to Britney. Don't downplay it.

6 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

It was Pink Floyd, '94

yeah I forgot that one too,I even went to that tour hahaha ,  I think there's someone else/some other group too but I forget;  M did it way better though, much more beautiful, overall experience got perfected , even if there's influence from others

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

yeah I forgot that one too,I even went to that tour hahaha ,  I think there's someone else/some other group too but I forget;  M did it way better though, much more beautiful, overall experience got perfected , even if there's influence from others

yes, to the next level

Revolver was her love letter to Radar/Blackout/ Britney.

To this day, I love the Britney/Kylie shirts during the "Music" era. 

Only recently found out they were made by Heatherette.

Using stencils, spray paint, some crystals and $1 t shirts from Canal St.

They also made the similar "Carrie" T shirt SJP wore for the famous Sex & The City promos. Which, apparently she hated and had to be convinced to wear.

4 hours ago, into the erotico said:

She had copied a lot of people from Debby Harry to Britney. Don't downplay it.

Everyone copies everyone. I guess I don't see it as a big deal. If she stole from a lesser known or unknown artist, I might take issue. The example you gave, I just don't see as very strong. 

The discoball entances were five years apart. It just seems too distant from one another for me to really get on board that Madonna copied it. If she did, she did, but I think you can argue either.