When Madonna copied Britney

1 hour ago, me1981 said:

I will say I just listened to Maniac from Flashdance. The beginning of Gambler sounds almost exactly the same. 

Also heard a Savage Garden song that sounds like a replica of Kylie Minogue's Confide in Me, which everyone gave her shit for as they felt she was trying to copy the overall feeling of Erotica, haha

What Savage Garden song sounds like Confide in Me

I like the arguments some people use  when Madonna does something someone else did before: she forgot, it's a tribute...bitch, she is Madonna...BUT when somebody else does something that reminds Madonna: she is a copycat, bla bla bla...just a waist of time. Madonna is great, but other people are too.

About the video, watch it till the end, if you can handle a provocation without exploding ;-)

there is some good message in the end...see it all

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Ohhh ok. Yes you are right, the string intro is very similar! I never noticed that!

His vocal hook is similar too. The beginning of each phrase has a similar tone/chord and the drum and bass has a similar hook to it too. It is quite remarkable how it sounds similar and yet not at the same time

2 hours ago, emanon said:

I like the arguments some people use  when Madonna does something someone else did before: she forgot, it's a tribute...bitch, she is Madonna...BUT when somebody else does something that reminds Madonna: she is a copycat, bla bla bla...just a waist of time. Madonna is great, but other people are too.

About the video, watch it till the end, if you can handle a provocation without exploding ;-)

there is some good message in the end...see it all

Some of that was reaching big time. Some of it was blatant and Madonna was pretty up front about it. Even at the time in the 80's/90's people thought she was obsessed with Marilyn and wanted to be her. She also was pretty up front about being influenced by old Hollywood.

Express Yourself - Metropolis. She herself said it in interviews. I think most people are annoyed when someone copies big chunks of someones work and either doesn't make it obvious or tries to pass it off as their own creativity.

Though to be honest I never care if people copy Madonna or if she copies them, everyone does it. Lady Gaga on the other hand, well................ I really don't want to cause unrest on the forums with my opinions on her, haha. 

40 minutes ago, me1981 said:

Some of that was reaching big time. Some of it was blatant and Madonna was pretty up front about it. Even at the time in the 80's/90's people thought she was obsessed with Marilyn and wanted to be her. She also was pretty up front about being influenced by old Hollywood.

Express Yourself - Metropolis. She herself said it in interviews. I think most people are annoyed when someone copies big chunks of someones work and either doesn't make it obvious or tries to pass it off as their own creativity.

Though to be honest I never care if people copy Madonna or if she copies them, everyone does it. Lady Gaga on the other hand, well................ I really don't want to cause unrest on the forums with my opinions on her, haha. 

double standard, in the end!

56 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

double standard, in the end!

Yeah maybe, but my issue with Gaga is that she lied about it all with BTW. I have bigger problems with her that are off topic, but that is my major one with this. Madonna and others have at least been up front or made it obvious when they are copying. 

I seriously have no issue with people copying Madonna or Madonna copying others.

There's three big issues when it comes to people claiming that X copied Y:
1- The theme: A disco theme, a Che Guevara inspired pic, a Monroe/50's glam photoshoot or equestrian clothes are none of the pop girls invention, they're only using the same asthetic (one could argue who used first but what's the point?).

2- The source: Madonna usually incorporates things from movies, photoshoots, paitings and create something using herself as the starting point bringing it to her media. The others just take her reread and remake it.

3- Who's involved: We know Madonna is hands on when it comes to her research and ideas, but not every other pop girl is like that, most of the times they just follow the vision of the director, photographer, coreographer etc... Remember that those people are not pop freaks like us who knows what Madonna wore in a photoshoot in 1987, how Grace Jones openned her 1982 tour or how Cher dressed for the 84th episode from her TV show.

bedtime story deal with it GIF

11 hours ago, diegolcl said:

There's three big issues when it comes to people claiming that X copied Y:
1- The theme: A disco theme, a Che Guevara inspired pic, a Monroe/50's glam photoshoot or equestrian clothes are none of the pop girls invention, they're only using the same asthetic (one could argue who used first but what's the point?).

2- The source: Madonna usually incorporates things from movies, photoshoots, paitings and create something using herself as the starting point bringing it to her media. The others just take her reread and remake it.

3- Who's involved: We know Madonna is hands on when it comes to her research and ideas, but not every other pop girl is like that, most of the times they just follow the vision of the director, photographer, coreographer etc... Remember that those people are not pop freaks like us who knows what Madonna wore in a photoshoot in 1987, how Grace Jones openned her 1982 tour or how Cher dressed for the 84th episode from her TV show.

bedtime story deal with it GIF

i don't exactly agree with the third premise; they know exactly what has happened in their fields so they recycle it on purpose

8 hours ago, Zaktkoons said:

Also. 

No hate towards Kylie ofc. I love her

Oh right, never realised this one. Yeah no hate to any of them. I really love Confide in Me, such a great song. The crescendo is pure pop goodness and I think Kylie's voice is at its best on the track. It should really be more remembered and used more in popular media. Such potential for so many different movies and tv shows

On 5/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, Strays Of The World said:

I think Madonna copied Kylie and Cher quite frequently. Case in point: Cher's Bang Bang performance on the Farewell Tour looks eerily similar to Madonna's Confessions Tour opening.

How are these similar exactly, apart from the vague horse theme? I like Cher but this looks tacky as hell :smile:.

54 minutes ago, kesiak said:

How are these similar exactly, apart from the vague horse theme? I like Cher but this looks tacky as hell :smile:.

the difference between those 2 performances is glaring! M's movements are graceful, harmonious and has a detailed, exact choreo, very artistic overall; Cher's movements are rather soulless and robotic and she just walks back and forth with no grace, among other things, something she's been doing since the 60s really