Has Madonna waited that much on love?

Blue Prince

We all know that Madonna's second favourite theme after marrying sex with religion is the passage of time. Many of her songs about time have to do with her waiting on a lover, from Love Song to Justify my Love to Waiting and Did You Do It to Hung Up and most recently Crazy. Does she give you the impression, being the busy woman she is, that she has waited so much in her life? That she has spent nights over a phone waiting for her lover to give her a call? It never sounded very genuine to me, and I'm sure she'd be the more aggressive one than many of the guys she's dated, making more first moves. So how do you feel about such lyrics from her?

from what ive read, she is usually the aggressor in the relationship, but i also recall some of her letters that have leaked stating she is waiting as well. it probably depends on the person shes with or the relationship.  i dont have a problem that she dates younger men, but im sure she tends to have the upper hand in the relationship if she isnt trying to cling very tightly on the guy. 

Hmmm it's a very touchy topic. I remember she has stated on multiple occasions that she might look like the person that makes the moves, she actually might be depending on the guy, but that she's also a romantic. So I'd guess it's 50/50. Depending on how involved she is in the relationship.

5 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Aren't most songs centered around this topic though? I don't think it's just a Madonna thing. 

Remember, love makes the world go round.

Idk I was just listening to Crazy the other day and wondered whether she truly spent all night waiting up on him :lol: It never sounded like the Madonna thing to do, she is so damn busy all the time. And I wanted to see how fans felt about her lyrics of waiting, because we come across them very often in her discography.

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Idk I was just listening to Crazy the other day and wondered whether she truly spent all night waiting up on him :lol: It never sounded like the Madonna thing to do, she is so damn busy all the time. And I wanted to see how fans felt about her lyrics of waiting, because we come across them very often in her discography.

we should remember she doesnt always write the bulk of the lyrics for some of her songs. i havent really paid much attention to how much credit she really is due for this song. we know that sometimes she takes song writing credits for songs that have been already written but changes a few words. its possible her cowriters wrote the bulk of the song before she got to it. another thing, shes admitted that not all her songs are autobiographical to her or they might be something that was loosely based on something that happened long ago.

25 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

we should remember she doesnt always write the bulk of the lyrics for some of her songs. i havent really paid much attention to how much credit she really is due for this song. we know that sometimes she takes song writing credits for songs that have been already written but changes a few words. its possible her cowriters wrote the bulk of the song before she got to it. another thing, shes admitted that not all her songs are autobiographical to her or they might be something that was loosely based on something that happened long ago.

Yeah I think she must have been in this type of situations mostly in the nineties, like when she was calling for Dennis Rodman to get her pregnant overnight because she was ovulating :lol: I can only imagine how hard it would be finding a daddy before the mobile phone era. Or any man at all at night. After that it probably became a theme she just enjoyed revisiting and that was inspired by her cowriters as well. 

11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

from what ive read, she is usually the aggressor in the relationship, but i also recall some of her letters that have leaked stating she is waiting as well. it probably depends on the person shes with or the relationship.  i dont have a problem that she dates younger men, but im sure she tends to have the upper hand in the relationship if she isnt trying to cling very tightly on the guy. 

She's the waiting one when she wants a man. Once he's hers she becomes the boss. 

Madonna's songs are far more autobiographical that one might think. Even if she chooses another person's creative input over her own, it is because it corresponds to her philosophy and fits the narrative of her intended statement. MDNA and Rebel Heart are full of deeply personal lyrics, but in order to understand them it requires not looking at love as the romanticized, sexualized lower frequency notion of conquest. When declaring "finally enough love", I'm quite sure she isn't referring to how full her pussy feels. 

On 5/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Blue Prince said:

A lot of songs are sent to Madonna, especially these days, and she just changes a line here and there. I wouldn't take every song so literally. Jason Evigan and Brittney Hazzard are the co-writers of that song along with Madonna. I would bet money that the majority of that song was written by them and probably demoed by Brittany. It's a very innocuous song. 

No one know anyone, include your best friend.

I think about her lyrics, some it is what she live/lived, what she think about and what she desired.

My personal opinion: Madonna true love Guy Ritch and he love her too. Make me so happy when I'm watch her around 2000 /2007, special when he is around her, how she smile and how sparkly so much joy. Both survive together long time. Special her, because English guy from London isn't easy at all :Madonna004:

I can say her lyrics help me and give me straight when I'm upset. It is everything I want in my life but not all the time I can follow or otherwise I will be alone forever :P      

She deserve have love in her life!

Waiting is a strong theme that she explores frequently. Simply put, love at a distance can become poetic. Spanish Eyes, Miles Away, Secret Garden, Beat Goes On. Almost every album has one.

Unfortunately as some of us may know, love at a distance often doesn’t provide the desired outcome. 

3 hours ago, Mister_Pop said:

Crave is also about longing and desire even more than Crazy.

Yes it is. I wasn't listing all songs, mostly those where she is expecting her lover to connect with her. Where she sounds passive, unlike some songs where the circumstances may not have allowed the connection. Because she doesn't strike me as the passive person much. Oh and I always forget about Crave's existence :silly: A song supposedly about longing and desire where she could the same way be reciting her supermarket list. Crazy is about overcoming that passive nature I mentioned and has those raw vocals (my God look at me now) that convince me better than Crave.