Madonna reaction

Why do people care so much about random strangers reacting to music videos ? Is this a new level of boredom that society has been reduced too ? God I miss the days before all this crap - and I’m not slagging off the poster here either I just don’t get it ? Must be a generation thing - an excuse to just sit and be glued on their mobile phones ??

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Why do people care so much about random strangers reacting to music videos ? Is this a new level of boredom that society has been reduced too ? God I miss the days before all this crap - and I’m not slagging off the poster here either I just don’t get it ? Must be a generation thing - an excuse to just sit and be glued on their mobile phones ??

i agree to some degree but i have watched reactions from some who never thought they would become a Madonna fan and have because they started reacting to her albums, songs and videos. one other thing to think about is that its usually a younger generation who is reacting so its nice to see them exploring her music and bringing it to other younger people who never thought to enjoy her music.

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes i really do agree with your every word..........however.. i have  to confess  to sitting through some of these reaction videos of my favourite performances ie MTV Vogue and Sooner or Later etc....and i honestly enjoyed watching some. I think it brings something out in me....that need for others to appreciate what i appreciate. Yes its sad as who cares?...but sometimes its good to see that brilliance through a new set  of eyes. Sometimes they miss the point completely  but sometimes they see what i first saw.

And just so you know i'm a busy 47 year old that is working hard who likes to watch crap to take my mind off the last Covid death we just dealt with. Sometimes that crap...and it is crap....is good.

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Or it's just interesting to see how people who don't know Madonna feel when they listen to her music for the first time.

10 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Or it's just interesting to see how people who don't know Madonna feel when they listen to her music for the first time.

Those Martians look very human :wide-eyes: 

That one video with kids reacting to Madonna for the first time was particularly interesting, but as it turned out even they knew a couple songs from her :lol:

Sometimes it can be heartwarming to see a younger generation discover and embrace Madonna, but generally these videos aren’t made by the sharpest tools in the shed, and their dimwitted analysis is akin to spending time with an adolescent with limited intellect, which may be fun to someone, but I totally fail to see the charm. Madonna is a popular artist to dissect and so it’s an easy way for these dilettante narcissists to quickly gain viewers. They often try to then incorporate more contemporary pop by the likes of Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez following a Madonna spike, and nobody watches them. It’s a big waste of time in my opinion, but I think some fans get off on it because it validates their own ego to feel they are some form of “authority” on the topic at hand.