Madonna Album Rumours

louis.exe

• louis.exe changed the title to Madonna Album Rumours
Guest Nobody Knows Me

I read once that she contacted Daft Punk for MDNA but they never responded. No idea if it’s true or not.

I heard about a new album called Bad Time, obviously it was Bedtime Stories, in this meanwhile I heard about Take A Bow (The Last Concert), this would be a farewell show. 

In 2010 Madonna and David Guetta would release a song called Boom, rumors said that the song would be the soundtrack to MDG commercial.

Sia would had written some songs to MDNA but they were rejected (if it was real, what a pity)

1. M working with Air and Daftpunk, which then turned to be Music with Mirwais.

that wasnt really a rumor b cos it was knows that she wanted to work with em but they turned down. So then Mirwais prfectly "replaced" their style of electronica and minimalism guitars

2. M working with Prince on a song called "Mad" for the Girl6 soundtrack which would have been funky ! 

3. M working with Stroame....for MDNA (i think) 

4. M recordet a duet with Michael jackson. But never happened. As we know from some M interviews MJ offered her an option to contribute to one of his songs but didnt like her ideas. The song should have been In The Closet, from Dangerous

Edited by dude78 (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Back in the 90's, I heard a rumor that Madonna and George Michael were releasing an album together... some solos and some collabs.

weird, a complete album ? :wide-eyes: maybe the rumors dropped around Red Hot and Dance compilation in 92

infact George Michael actually planned in 91/92 a Collab-Album called "Trojan Souls". A tracklist leaked some years ago with duets with Seal, Sade, Janet J. but no M 

Edited by dude78 (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I read once that she wanted Björk to produce an album for her but instead just wrote “Bedtime Story”. 

In the original version of "I'm addicted" (from MDNA) she repeats "hashish" instead of "mdna". Later in the process, MIA came up with the idea of calling the album MDNA, Madonna loved it and named the album after that name. She then replaced "hashish" by "mdna" on "I'm addicted". I know that info from a very reliable source. The original version hasn't leaked to that day.

On 5/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, Cooka. said:

and Air! Allegedly their song Alpha Beta Gaga was offered to M during this time.

They confirmed it in an interview for the french magazine Paris Match in 2004.

In 1997 the Icon update letter mentionned that Madonna had approached Trent Reznor to produce Ray of Light.

Massive Attack should have had a hand in co-producing Bedtime Stories but since the 1994 summer was a world soccer cup year they turned the offer down because they wanted to watch the games. (interview in The Face where they also said she told them she fucked to their album "Blue Lines")

Madonna thought about using both Nile Rodgers and Trevor Horn for Like a virgin but Rodgers asked for full production (read in Seymour Stein's book Siren Song how Warner wanted to screw Madonna up on the benefits from the album because Nile Rodgers asked for 20% of the sales and Warner had no interest in Madonna when the contract was made then Borderline happened and they wanted to revise the contract. In fact Stein says Warner US had no interest in Madonna before she became successful so he had to sign a distribution deal with Warner in Europe (wea) for her first contract)

Madonna thought about using Nellee Hooper for Erotica, he turned her down.

Madonna was supposed to be in "Under the cherry moon" but she turned the offer down. Then Prince offered her a role in Graffiti Bridge, that's the reason why she went to Minneapolis in november of 1987, that's when they started writing "Love song" and other stuff. He had written several songs for her character. She left without anything being finished then he came to see her in NY when she was doing "Speed the plow" with the demos they made, that's when they finalized "Love song".music was going to bean album with Orbit and brit dj Sasha but she didn't like his submissions.

Not exactly a rumour as the news came from label source, but Scissor Sisters were approached in 2014 for what then became Rebel Heart and they turned her down.

Also, during that AskAnythingChat in 2015 she said that Daft Punk were contacted (again!) for RH, but ignored her emails/calls.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Massive Attack should have had a hand in co-producing Bedtime Stories but since the 1994 summer was a world soccer cup year they turned the offer down because they wanted to watch the games. (interview in The Face where they also said she told them she fucked to their album "Blue Lines")

Madonna was also meant to be the featured vocalist on their song "Teardrop" but the band couldn't agree on it and Elizabeth Fraser ended up singing it. 

9 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Madonna was also meant to be the featured vocalist on their song "Teardrop" but the band couldn't agree on it and Elizabeth Fraser ended up singing it. 

Yeah, but she received the track when it was just an instrumental demo! The final song came about later, with Elizabeth Fraser.