Madame X Finally Gets Treatment!

Shoful

seems pretty cut and dry. shes using stem cell replacement to heal her injury.  stem cell transplantation, sometimes referred to as bone marrow transplant, is a procedure in which a patient receives healthy stem cells to replace damaged stem cells. Before the procedure, the patient receives high doses of chemotherapy, and sometimes radiation therapy, to prepare the body for transplantation. i believe weve seen her do some chemotherapy in some of her past instagram posts.

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

seems pretty cut and dry. shes using stem cell replacement to heal her injury.  stem cell transplantation, sometimes referred to as bone marrow transplant, is a procedure in which a patient receives healthy stem cells to replace damaged stem cells. Before the procedure, the patient receives high doses of chemotherapy, and sometimes radiation therapy, to prepare the body for transplantation. i believe weve seen her do some chemotherapy in some of her past instagram posts.

Isn't it a very risky procedure? It's normally used to cancer and bad diseases.

Is she using it as an experimental procedure instead of regular surgery?

14 hours ago, Enrico said:

Isn't it a very risky procedure? It's normally used to cancer and bad diseases.

Is she using it as an experimental procedure instead of regular surgery?

im no expert, but from what ive read and heard, the effectiveness for the treatment is high.  most data has shown an 80 - 90% success rate. side effects of conditioning may include mouth sores, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, dry mouth, hair loss, rashes and breathing problems. loss of vision, infections, cardiovascular complications, cancer and death are worse scenarios. stem cells survive much longer than ordinary cells, increasing the chance that they might accumulate genetic mutations. it might take only a few mutations for one cell to lose control over its self-renewal and growth and become the source of cancer.

im sure Madonna has done her research. its expensive. it can cost up to $50,000.  

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

im no expert, but from what ive read and heard, the effectiveness for the treatment is high.  most data has shown an 80 - 90% success rate. side effects of conditioning may include mouth sores, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, dry mouth, hair loss, rashes and breathing problems. loss of vision, infections, cardiovascular complications, cancer and death are worse scenarios. stem cells survive much longer than ordinary cells, increasing the chance that they might accumulate genetic mutations. it might take only a few mutations for one cell to lose control over its self-renewal and growth and become the source of cancer.

im sure Madonna has done her research. its expensive. it can cost up to $50,000.  

I’m sure the risks have been weighed especially when she has to consider the kiddos and her livelihood. But if she is to perform further (we may accept a sit down show but it’s clear that’s not what she wants for her artistry) something must be done. I’m wondering when the missing cartilage became apparent? 

According to a NOM reader, the pictures with the needle are images of her hip. Hip which according to him is in very bad condition and which will certainly require a prosthesis :-( He adds that she must have suffered a lot ...

More here in French:

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Madonna-traitee-par-cellules-souches_a1299.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

31 minutes ago, Enrico said:

According to a NOM reader, the pictures with the needle are images of her hip. Hip which according to him is in very bad condition and which will certainly require a prosthesis :-( He adds that she must have suffered a lot ...

More here in French:

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Madonna-traitee-par-cellules-souches_a1299.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

yes, i was concerned when i saw that picture of her hip. she should have cancelled her tour earlier on when she discovered it. she was a trooper to stick to the tour as much as she could, but she risked permanent damage now. with this stem cell treatment, the hope is to regrow what is lost. but for it to completely heal or grow to what it was before probably is unlikely. she will forever have issues. a prosthesis will most likely be the next step. 

i have to wonder about her knee as well? i have a feeling its going to be a few years before she goes on tour again. even then, i am not sure she will be able to do a lot of movement on tour in the same way as she has.

the upside, the road to recovery and the process could be a good story for her to go into the next music era. she may be able to bring some positive light to stem cell regeneration if it goes well.

41 minutes ago, Enrico said:

More here in French:

wow she had no cartilage at all! must've hurt like a B, I would've bee bed ridden for eternity had it been me :scary::cute: but we know women have a higher pain tolerance than men tho

i remember last year reading somewhere that there was a very famous woman (they didn't say the name) who needed a hip intervention (i don't know the specific words). People in the comments were guessing that it was Madonna or Hillary Clinton. Seems like it was her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Jackie said:

A great article / interview about Lisa Osborne's journey after having a full hip replacement:

https://www.lesmills.com/instructors/instructor-news/lisa-osborne-inspiration/

Thank you for sharing, great read. Hopefully the procedure will go well and she will come back stronger than ever in time. I agree that it will be some time before she goes on the road again. I do think she should have cancelled the tour when she noticed the injury but what’s done is done, and hopefully she’ll be okay. 

31 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thank you for sharing, great read. Hopefully the procedure will go well and she will come back stronger than ever in time. I agree that it will be some time before she goes on the road again. I do think she should have cancelled the tour when she noticed the injury but what’s done is done, and hopefully she’ll be okay. 

Totally agree. If Lisa is an example of what can happen - she's now back teaching full time, doing tuck jumps lol and she is in her early to mid 50's - a great inspiration! 

Plus, if it is her Hip (Madonna's) - that would explain the knee pain - she would have been favoriting one side rather than the other - the mis alignment affects all other joints.

13 hours ago, Jackie said:

Totally agree. If Lisa is an example of what can happen - she's now back teaching full time, doing tuck jumps lol and she is in her early to mid 50's - a great inspiration! 

Plus, if it is her Hip (Madonna's) - that would explain the knee pain - she would have been favoriting one side rather than the other - the mis alignment affects all other joints.

That’s true, I hadn’t thought about it. And it may have started as some discomfort and knocked away with some ibuprofen. But rehearsals probably had her so active that it finally aggravated her hip fully and overcompensating with her left leg straining her knee. Maybe she should have cancelled but I’m grateful for her pain tolerance. It was my first time seeing her in person and it was beautiful. 

43 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Ugh, I got SO many messages from SO many of my friends after seeing this saying “grandma needs to give it a rest” :03:

she will never. she has been called a "grandma" since her 30s. people are jealous. they would never say that to their own parents or grandparents.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Ugh, I got SO many messages from SO many of my friends after seeing this saying “grandma needs to give it a rest” :03:

Sadly, I think this is one of the reasons she wasn’t mentioning a hip injury as much on her Instagram.