Rosie O’Donnell thinks pal Madonna’s quarantine videos are ‘a little weird’

Voguerista

I hope these comments don't cause any friction between Madonna and Rosie. Then again, it's not like she said anything that bad. She's right how Madonna is an "artist" and is trying to use social media to express how she feels.

Rosie O’Donnell thinks pal Madonna’s quarantine videos are ‘a little weird’

By Nicki Gostin

Even Rosie O’Donnell thinks her pal Madonna has been posting some wacky videos lately.

The pop icon has been frequently sharing her bizarre “Quarantine Diaries,” which show her sitting by a typewriter late at night, muttering about her physical and emotional angst. In one video, she sat naked in a bathtub and called coronavirus “the great equalizer,” but it was later deleted after she received a flood of negative attention for it.

“I know, I know,” O’Donnell agreed when Page Six brought up the odd videos. “With the typing, sitting in the bathtub, reading poetry naked. I don’t get it, but she’s an artist in her own category and I think she does what she does and she doesn’t care who thinks what.”

The “View” alum, 58, says that when she chats with her longtime friend they don’t usually discuss Madonna’s social media postings but, “she’s an artist and that’s the only place she has to create right now.”

O’Donnell added that the “Holiday” singer is quarantining with her “young lover and she’s happy. She’s got all of her kids except Rocco there and I think that brings her tremendous comfort, but I agree [the videos] are a little weird.”

Madonna, 56, has been linked to 26-year-old dancer Ahlamalik Williams since last year. She has six kids.

Meanwhile O’Donnell, who currently appears in HBO’s “I Know This Much is True,” has been quarantining at her weekend home in New Jersey. She told us she was recently terrified when she had to leave for the first time in two months for a doctor’s appointment in New York City.

O’Donnell and Madonna met on the set of their 1992 film “A League of Their Own” and immediately bonded because they had both lost their mothers as children. They have remained close friends.

Oh Rosie! Does anyone think she can really relate to Madonna's inner process? They are radically different people who had a few years of being very close. I'm sure everyone on this forum has had at least a few friends with whom we stay in contact, but with whom we don't have a whole lot in common as we mature. Having been Madonna's sidekick for a period in the 1990's means she will always be linked to her by the press, and therefore asked to comment on her. Look at someone Madonna hasn't been friends with for decades...Sandra Bernhard is always still asked about her, and yet what could she possibly know about Madonna now? I like these sort of insights, but I can only imagine how annoying it is to be expected to have some sort of juicy commentary to offer on Madonna every time you speak to the press. 

Even Debi Mazar called Madonna out. Madonna deleted her bathtub "the great equalizer" video over it. She's still posting the photos Debi shares. I think it's a good thing that Madonna has a few friends that don't just tell her how wonderful she is 24/7. It's not healthy to live in a bubble.