Is Deeper And Deeper about coming out?

thegoldencalf

I think it's about taking responsability for yourself, accepting who you are and not being afraid to show the world, not being afraid to love, even if you constantly fall in love... reconnecting with the values your parents taught you with.

In the song, she can't help falling in love, kisses getting sweeter and sweeter, but her love is alive, and she's not gonna hide it again.

No shame for Dita, she's a slut and she likes it. :04:

On 5/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I've always thought it's about losing your innocence and the more you engage in society, the more you know about how it works and how currupt it is. But the more you know, the harder it is to get out.

I've always had similar thoughts. It's about learning about people, life, and love... and reaping what you sow(good and bad).  

It's about the loss of innocence.

I think a lot of Erotica is about that. The realisation of what love is really like. 

The balloons in the video represent Madonnas childlike innocence. At the end she desperately goes searching for them only to find strangers destroying them for laughs. When she finally reclaims them daddy cuts them from her hand and they disappear in the ether. You gotta grow up girl. 

Kisses sent from heaven above are obviously referring to her mothers love watching over her. 

She references her mother and father in the song a lot and it's obviously something that was on her mind at the time. The sessions also included Goodby To Innocence. 

It may also refer to what was going on at the time. In many ways AIDS was the end of the age of innocence. Seeing as Madonna was constantly losing friends to the disease at that time the theory lines up. The powerful trilogy of Deeper & Deeper, Why Is It So Hard and In This Life on The Girlie Show really sets this to motion.