What if Madonna had interludes in her albums?

Fabiolous

9 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I don't see any of her old albums with interludes, but I totally see Rebel Heart and Madame X with interludes. In Rebel Heart I would divide the "Rebel" and the "Heart" with an interlude (1-2 minutes), maybe there could be one or two more shorter (like 30 sec or something like that, nothing too long) between songs with personal lyrics. 
I imagine some interludes in Madame X with the different personas talking maybe... Of course an intro with the "Welcome to the world of Madame X" and an outro with similar vibes with a final message.

Every time I have tried to come up with a Rebel and a Heart version of the album, it ends up with an excellent album on the Heart side and absolute trash on the Rebel side. I think her label didn't let her divide the album like that because she didn't write enough good songs for a Rebel-only CD. (Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic bitch, S.E.X., Holy water one after the other lol) 

39 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Every time I have tried to come up with a Rebel and a Heart version of the album, it ends up with an excellent album on the Heart side and absolute trash on the Rebel side. I think her label didn't let her divide the album like that because she didn't write enough good songs for a Rebel-only CD. (Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic bitch, S.E.X., Holy water one after the other lol) 

Well that's true lol. But I think the album would make a lot more sense that way... if they hadn't had to rush everything because of the leaks I think we would have a completely different album today, a very good one I would dare to say!

I would add to the Rebel side: Iconic, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici (maybe? not sure), and some of the unreleased, Trust No Bitch, Two Steps Behind Me.

3 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I would add to the Rebel side: Iconic, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici (maybe? not sure), and some of the unreleased, Trust No Bitch, Two Steps Behind Me.

That still sounds terrible to me ahaha I think it would have made sense, but she would have had to put more effort into the songwriting for the rebellious songs. Maybe release "Heart" in 2014 and take 2015 to write "Rebel" before going on tour. Anyway, we are going off-topic ahaha

3 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I had no idea, having never heard one of her albums ?

All the albums of Janet Jackson since Rythmn Nation 1814 in 1989 included interludes. I advise to listen Rhythm Nation 1814 was her most influence albums and one of her best albums of all time. This album was ahead at the time and innovative, she invented the alternative RnB with this album and changed forever the history of music. This album was the only album of history to produced 7 top 5 singles in US (four of them in n.1). For the precedent album, Control, two songs of the album was really innovative, Nasty and Control, created a new style called the New Jack Swing. Depiste this style was a reused in Rythmn Nation 1814, the album was really innovative and she created a new sound never listen before. This album was today in many magazine (like Rolling Stone) to one of the best influencals albums of history.

Edited by William Côté-Deblois (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Those are some of the best songs.

I don’t understand why the label didn’t let her do that because she ended up releasing 2 albums worth of material anyway. So it wouldn’t have made much difference.

good topic!

yeah i can see Madame X as the only M album where these interludes from the documentary fit in. Actually, am goin make a playlist, thanx for the inputs :-)

mhhh mayyyyybe i could also see the "mmmhhhh"-wonderland intro around Ray Of Light.  But since the album itself is perfection , id rather would have include it as a B-side bonus thing in one of the maxis...maybe Frozen. Even thou, i know wonderland was recorded apres ROL ...but its just an idea

9 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

is there a thread to talk about our perfect Rebel Heart tracklist? The album is so long that i think it deserves to be discussed lol

18 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah, I think the "Janet" album had a few as well even if for only a few seconds. But some of Janet's albums suffer because of interludes IMO. She was putting them after every single song almost and it just made the album drag. 

I agree. As much as I love Janet, the interludes on her records have always been annoying to me. 

9 hours ago, William Côté-Deblois said:

All the albums of Janet Jackson since Rythmn Nation 1814 in 1989 included interludes. I advise to listen Rhythm Nation 1814 was her most influence albums and one of her best albums of all time. This album was ahead at the time and innovative, she invented the alternative RnB with this album and changed forever the history of music.

Ehhh, not really. It’s just regurgitated new jack swing, which had already been on the music scene

If Ray Of Light had interludes

1. Fame (Intro)
  2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  3. Swim
  4. Hope (Interlude)
  5. Ray Of Light
  6. Intoxication (Interlude)
  7. Candy Perfume Girl
  8. Skin
  9. Introspection (Interlude)
  10. Nothing Really Matters
  11. Sky Fits Heaven
  12. Mantra (Interlude)
  13. Shanti/Ashtangi
  14. Heartache (Interlude)
  15. Frozen
  16. The Power Of Goodbye
  17. To Have And Not To Hold
  18. Motherhood (Interlude)
  19. Little Star
  20. Mer Girl

5 hours ago, louis.exe said:

If Ray Of Light had interludes

1. Fame (Intro)
  2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  3. Swim
  4. Hope (Interlude)
  5. Ray Of Light
  6. Intoxication (Interlude)
  7. Candy Perfume Girl
  8. Skin
  9. Introspection (Interlude)
  10. Nothing Really Matters
  11. Sky Fits Heaven
  12. Mantra (Interlude)
  13. Shanti/Ashtangi
  14. Heartache (Interlude)
  15. Frozen
  16. The Power Of Goodbye
  17. To Have And Not To Hold
  18. Motherhood (Interlude)
  19. Little Star
  20. Mer Girl

tbh I really don't see Ray of Light having interludes...imo

I wouldn't want to buy a Madonna album with interludes. So much already gets in the way of a decent song already.

Interludes are already so tiresome on "live" shows when other artists and bands play their songs all the way through. I don't pay good money for a video projection after all.