What if Madonna had interludes in her albums?

Fabiolous

It's just a thought I have had recently. What if Madonna had interlude songs in her albums the way other artists do (e g. Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé). It would be interesting to see what they would add to her albums, especially with themed releases like Erotica, Madame X, Like a prayer and Ray of light. I think the closest thing we got to this was Act of contrition as an album outro. Interlude are usually about a minute long, or less. 

I would have loved something like this for Madame X:

- Intro from the Medellín video and typewriter sounds from the tour version of Medellín

1) Medellín

- Joan of Arc interlude

2) Dark Ballet

3) God control

4) Future (Madonna solo) 

- Madame X manifesto

5) Batuka

6) Killers who are partying

- intro from Crave video

7) Crave

8) Crazy

9) Come alive

- I'm not here to be popular, I'm here to be free interlude 

10) Extreme occident

- spy-themed interlude

11) I don't search I find

- We call B.S. Speech intro

12) I rise (Madame X Tour version outro) 

- Madame X's final message. This document will self destruct in 3,2,1....

In my dream, Bitch I'm loca, Faz Gostoso and Looking for mercy would be kept for a Platinum edition (Beyoncé style) coming for the one-year anniversary with Faz Gostoso as lead single. LOL

It would have been really interesting to see this in my opinion and it would have really added to the album. This treatment for Erotica would have been great! 

it would work if it was a major concept album.  for example, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation album is perfect with the interludes.  though her follow up albums weren't very effective except maybe Velvet Rope.

just a note; im not suggesting that Madonna copy Janet. just pointing out how interludes can be effective in an album. im sure there are other ways to make it really effective than the way i described. i feel that Erotica probably could be the only album to pull off interludes.

4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

it would work if it was a major concept album.  for example, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation album is perfect with the interludes.  though her follow up albums weren't very effective except maybe Velvet Rope.

just a note; im not suggesting that Madonna copy Janet. just pointing out how interludes can be effective in an album. im sure there are other ways to make it really effective than the way i described. i feel that Erotica probably could be the only album to pull off interludes.

Yeah, I think the "Janet" album had a few as well even if for only a few seconds. But some of Janet's albums suffer because of interludes IMO. She was putting them after every single song almost and it just made the album drag. 

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah, I think the "Janet" album had a few as well even if for only a few seconds. But some of Janet's albums suffer because of interludes IMO. She was putting them after every single song almost and it just made the album drag. 

exactly. for me it worked for Rhythm Nation and Velvet Rope, but it seemed to become just part of her shtick with the rest of the albums. sometimes it got redundant as a number of the albums had similar interludes. if i hear one more interlude or song with her moaning, simulating sex im going to gag.  lol.  i love her though. i just dont feel like she evolved much with her albums over the years.

12 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Erotica with interludes?!? Huh?

6 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

It's just a thought I have had recently. What if Madonna had interlude songs in her albums the way other artists do (e g. Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé). It would be interesting to see what they would add to her albums, especially with themed releases like Erotica, Madame X, Like a prayer and Ray of light. I think the closest thing we got to this was Act of contrition as an album outro. Interlude are usually about a minute long, or less. 

I would have loved something like this for Madame X:

- Intro from the Medellín video and typewriter sounds from the tour version of Medellín

1) Medellín

- Joan of Arc interlude

2) Dark Ballet

3) God control

4) Future (Madonna solo) 

- Madame X manifesto

5) Batuka

6) Killers who are partying

- intro from Crave video

7) Crave

8) Crazy

9) Come alive

- I'm not here to be popular, I'm here to be free interlude 

10) Extreme occident

- spy-themed interlude

11) I don't search I find

- We call B.S. Speech intro

12) I rise (Madame X Tour version outro) 

In my dream, Bitch I'm loca, Faz Gostoso and Looking for mercy would be kept for a Platinum edition (Beyoncé style) coming for the one-year anniversary with Faz Gostoso as lead single. LOL

It would have been really interesting to see this in my opinion and it would have really added to the album. This treatment for Erotica would have been great! 

Love the idea, I also really appreciate those albums that have a good instrumental overture as the first track, you know.. to set the mood for the whole album... In this case the Medellin video intro works just fine!

if American Life had an Interlude:

01. American Life 

02. Hollywood

03. I'm So Stupid

04. Love Profusion 

05. Nobody knows Me 

06. Interlude - (something about how fame affects her family / normal life. all would be spoken word with a guitar instrumental)

07. Nothing Fails 

08. Intervention

09. X-Static Process

10. Mother and Father 

11. Die Another Day 

12. Easy Ride 

if Erotica had Interlude

Interlude - Introduction to Erotica 

01. Erotica 

02. Fever 

03. Bye Bye Baby 

Interlude - Deeper and Deeper MV & Spoken word: about expressing your sexuality 

04. Deeper and Deeper

05. Where Life Begins 

Interlude - Spoken Word: 

06. Bad Girl 

07. Waiting 

08. Thief of  Hearts

09. Words 

Interlude - Rain MV

10. Rain 

Interlude - Spoken Word: about why people of the same sex can't love each other and they should. 

11. Why's It So Hard - The Girlie Show Version Outro

Interlude - would be her talking about AIDS and her friends that were affected by it.

12. In This Life 

Interlude - Band Interlude

13. Secret Garden 

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Rythmn Nation 1814 was not only perfect for interlude, but the album was ahead of it's time of her music at the time of released and this album was still a fresh album today, 30 years after his released. The Knowlegde was the most urbain song of the album, the song was dark, raw and a touch of hip-hop of this song remain of her song Nasty of the sound. but it's a continuity of the sound uses in the song Nasty, this song was more urbain than Nasty and this song was no a Nasty n.2. Someday Is Tonight also created a new style of RnB ballad and it's more raw, it's never explored before this song, Also, the darkness side of her lyrics add a dimension of the songs of the album and a novation of the history of music.

I made my own Madame X with interludes and extra songs, like an expanded edition, but I don't think it can be shared here

Madame X Manifesto
Medellín (Intro)
Medellín
Dark Ballet
God Control
Future
Ciao Bella
Batuka (Intro)
Batuka
Killers Who Are Partying
Crave (Intro)
Crave
Crazy
Come Alive
Extreme Occident
Funana
Back That Up To The Beat
Champagne Rosé
Faz Gostoso
Bitch I'm Loca
Soltera
I Don't Search I Find
Looking For Mercy
I Rise

My Erotica

- Dita introduction

1) Erotica

2) Fever

- Dita's break up message with John

3) Bye bye baby

4) Deeper and deeper

- interlude "Some people are afraid to get what they want, that's why they don't get want they want. I'm confident and I know exactly what I want, if that makes me a bitch, ok" 

5) Where life begins

6) Bad girl

- interlude: the power in a relationship

7) Waiting

- did you do it interlude

8) Thief of hearts

9) Words

10) Rain

- AIDS interlude 

11) Why's it so hard

12) In this life

13) Secret Garden

I don't see any of her old albums with interludes, but I totally see Rebel Heart and Madame X with interludes. In Rebel Heart I would divide the "Rebel" and the "Heart" with an interlude (1-2 minutes), maybe there could be one or two more shorter (like 30 sec or something like that, nothing too long) between songs with personal lyrics. 
I imagine some interludes in Madame X with the different personas talking maybe... Of course an intro with the "Welcome to the world of Madame X" and an outro with similar vibes with a final message.