Hung Up (Live at Coachella 2006): OFFICIAL PRO-SHOT PREMIERE!

AldoMartel

21 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I can’t believe people are complaining here when she’s finally giving us unreleased goodies. Especially from one of her best eras :cryin:

I’m all for this newfound interest of her’s in her legacy. Keep it coming, M!

My exact thoughts. Even though it wasn't the best quality, it was still awesome to see this performance and I hope she keeps releasing more unreleased videos and hopefully songs haha

Guest Nobody Knows Me

...Never mind. She’s acknowledged Confessions and the performance itself is phenomenal so I’ll take it :lol:

I don't think anyone here is complaining. We're more realistic about what Madonna's output is on YouTube. Her team and the webmaster give the bottom of the barrel most of the time and some set their expectations to high that it would be what would alike to what was featured in the Coachella doc. Thus, it wasn't. Glad she posted it for others to enjoy and see what the performance was like.

3 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I mean they wouldn't make such a big deal over a fan cam upload. 

They'd just do like they did for the Vogue videos i think and simply upload the video. 

I'm sure there's something more to this. (or i want to believe there is ahah) 3 hours to go.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS  :laughing:

29 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I can’t believe people are complaining here when she’s finally giving us unreleased goodies. Especially from one of her best eras :cryin:

To quote the Coachella performance:

Madonna is not for people who sleep

But this kind of footage, baby you can keep

6 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Her team and the webmaster give the bottom of the barrel most of the time and some set their expectations to high that it would be what would alike to what was featured in the Coachella doc.

:lol: it was probably oseary filming from the back before having to negotiate and to spend some money on the professional footage directly from coachella.

33 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I’m all for this newfound interest of her’s in her legacy. Keep it coming, M!

The thing is: Remember a time when Madonna was synonyms with on top high quality outputs?
We're not complaining because we are never satisfied, we're just appalled at how bad things are done. They can't get anything right! Fans have done better edits with audience footage over the years.
There are people wasting their time trying to remaster her videos and sharing it for free with other fans, that's how much we appreciate her work, and then somebody who must be getting paid to take care of her channel does this mess again and again, over and over.
Madonna has the biggest legacy in pop music and I don't think that new people will get interested in discovering more if they happen to watch this mess...

I mean... personally I think thats the best footage we have of Coachella, the DVD on the masterthread is amazing but is not HD, to me this shows she has the full footage (or the team of the Coachella Doc gave it to her) so I'm very happy about it.

As a fan, the absolutely loud roar the crowd makes when she appears makes me miss the Confessions Era, it was so amazing, the public was still listening to her, she was not being silenced by ageism. So.. it is a good day. :)

It did give me chills watching it and remembering how great that era was and her look but yeah it didn't really sound live because I believe most of the time she has performed it live and it's never sounded like the album track no matter how much a genius Stuart Price is at vocal mixes.

However, I'm glad she is hopefully catching on to what other artists have been doing in streaming/releasing rare content on Youtube. It's only taken her or her team a few months to catch up and maybe realise this is a better output than "quarantine diaries"......

5 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

The thing is: Remember a time when Madonna was synonyms with on top high quality outputs?
We're not complaining because we are never satisfied, we're just appalled at how bad things are done. They can't get anything right! Fans have done better edits with audience footage over the years.
There are people wasting their time trying to remaster her videos and sharing it for free with other fans, that's how much we appreciate her work, and then somebody who must be getting paid to take care of her channel does this mess again and again, over and over.
Madonna has the biggest legacy in pop music and I don't think that new people will get interested in discovering more if they happen to watch this mess...

Yes, yes, yes! When I watch a Madonna tour or with friends (pre lockdown), I always bring a fan edited DVD because of the edits and vocals.

4 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

It did give me chills watching it and remembering how great that era was and her look but yeah it didn't really sound live because I believe most of the time she has performed it live and it's never sounded like the album track no matter how much a genius Stuart Price is at vocal mixes.

it was live. she sang over the backup track. you even hear her mess up two times.

Edited by nodoman (see edit history)

Just now, nodoman said:

it was live. she sang over the backup track.

I believe she probably did most of the time because of the dancing/singing, but that upload made it looked like she mimed the majority of it which I doubted she would have done, but whoever in her team edits these videos just ugh I don't know.

Just now, rlittler81 said:

Started off great... the roar from the crowd! Turned it off once I saw her forget the steps and then the repeat 'every little thing' at the wrong point. The audio sounds weird. Will give it another go later. Meh.

well, to me thats what makes this performance amazing, it was her first time at Coachella, she was paving the way (as always) and was she was clearly nervous, thats what makes it unique. I like it when she makes small mistakes, shows us she is human.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes it will be the same. Considering we did not know any footage existed at all it’s very cool to finally get something. I think filming at Coachella was not a priority back then which is why the footage is not amazing. But glad to get something.

The full multi-angle recording of the show exists from the screens feed broadcasted that night, but of course she doesn't know where that footage is, like with most important footage in her career.

Here we have a small clip from the screens