Can anyone confirm this news? Madonna signs new 4 album deal w/ Republic

wonderboy

"It's no big secret. The Madonna interscope deal didn't produce quality music like warner records did.

Interscope came out and admitted that Being the distributor instead of the main label caused them to not legally be able to be involved. 

Madonna signed a 3 album deal with Live Nation along with a slew of other amenities worth 120 Million. Interscope basically acted just the distributor to get the music out. 

Because of that. They know it's popular but they refuse to do 360 deals with artists or live nation. Stating that given how they are not able to hire an A&R or have anybody involved from their side. We need to have input as a major label. So 360 deals are banned from interscope same with live nation contracts. They basically lost a lot of power to this deal. 

Here comes Republic records. Home of the three biggest Madonna allies. Taylor swift , Ariana grande and Nicki Minaj.

Madonna appears to have signed a 4 album deal with republic records and her company Boy Toy,inc. Meaning she webt with a company that allowed her to do a 360 deal. 

Can't wait. I have another decade of Madonna music coming. "

Link: https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/forums/topic/778139-madonna-is-now-on-republic-records/

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

sounds made up.  id think we would get the news through a far more reputable source.  im thinking shes probably do an album by album deal from this point on.

I am sure that any company would offer a four album deal to a living legend that still sells as well as her contemporaries.  Madonna's record sales are still great for current industry standards.  No one would doubt Bruce Springsteen getting an album deal.  

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I am sure that any company would offer a four album deal to a living legend that still sells as well as her contemporaries.  Madonna's record sales are still great for current industry standards.  No one would doubt Bruce Springsteen getting an album deal.  

can you be sure about that?  in the current musical climate where albums are dead, i highly doubt it. her last few albums made no money. and yes, no one would doubt Bruce an album deal, but i highly doubt a 4 album deal.

like others stated, its fake news. we can wishful think but she is no longer in the position in making multi album deals.

21 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

can you be sure about that?  in the current musical climate where albums are dead, i highly doubt it. her last few albums made no money. and yes, no one would doubt Bruce an album deal, but i highly doubt a 4 album deal.

like others stated, its fake news. we can wishful think but she is no longer in the position in making multi album deals.

Madame X didn't sell less than the average pop album, it went straight to #1 in the US (which the average pop album doesn't)

54 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Madame X didn't sell less than the average pop album, it went straight to #1 in the US (which the average pop album doesn't)

the point is no U.S. record company is going to give a 4 album deal to someone who is struggling to sell 100,000 copies. we all know to get #1 that first week for most artist, one needs to shift about half that amount.

I really don’t think that’s true. Madonna is an established artist who sells a lot more physical copies worldwide than most artists including vinyls, cassettes, box sets, special editions etc. Do not forget that physical sales make good money. Streaming numbers may not be huge but her back catalogue of songs and videos will continue to stream well after most current artists are long forgotten. There is potential for lots of money to be made for any label especially longer term. Her current label did not take advantage of that enough I don’t think because her last few releases were barely visible.

43 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I really don’t think that’s true. Madonna is an established artist who sells a lot more physical copies worldwide than most artists including vinyls, cassettes, box sets, special editions etc. Do not forget that physical sales make good money. Streaming numbers may not be huge but her back catalogue of songs and videos will continue to stream well after most current artists are long forgotten. There is potential for lots of money to be made for any label especially longer term. Her current label did not take advantage of that enough I don’t think because her last few releases were barely visible.

I don't think Interscope or Republic (if this is true) has any right to sell those or take any profit. It's still under Warner.

1 minute ago, DWMG said:

I don't think Interscope or Republic (if this is true) has any right to sell those or take any profit. It's still under Warner.

True, even Warner is slowly losing the rights to her back catalogue. In 5 years, Madonna will own the rights to her entire 80's discography. Losing The Immaculate collection will be quite a blow to Warner's Madonna revenue. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’s pretty much confirmed fake at this point but if she isn’t going back to Warner then I suppose this seems like the second-best call? 

20 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It’s pretty much confirmed fake at this point but if she isn’t going back to Warner then I suppose this seems like the second-best call? 

She'll never go back to Warner. She sued them and they sued her. She couldn't wait to get out in 2007 and I don't see her going back now

Guest Nobody Knows Me
33 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

She'll never go back to Warner. She sued them and they sued her. She couldn't wait to get out in 2007 and I don't see her going back now

Yeah, it is very unlikely. I remember Mariah really despising Sony and making statements on her website against them though and now she’s back with them, so you never know. But yes it is unlikely :Madonna041:

2 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

True, even Warner is slowly losing the rights to her back catalogue. In 5 years, Madonna will own the rights to her entire 80's discography. Losing The Immaculate collection will be quite a blow to Warner's Madonna revenue. 

[citation needed]