Guy Ritchie takes quiz about Madonna on French TV

madgefan

@madgefan

1) What is Madonna's true name (he didn't remember her surname?!)

2) Which singer is related to Madonna

3) Madonna's date of birth - HE DIDN'T KNOW!?!?!?

4) How much money did she have when she came to New York

5) For which singer did she sing backup vocals

6) Her first hit in 1984 (he got this, LAV)

7) Her costar in Susan

8) In which video does she kiss a black saint (he got this, LAP)

9) For which movie is Beautiful Stranger the soundtrack

10) Where did the 1987 concert take place when she threw her pants to public? (they answe Parc des Sceux in Paris but it actually happened everywhere)

11) How many albums did she sell (he got this, 130 millions)

12) Why was she hospitalized (he got this, broken bones for horsefall)

13) Who designed her wedding robes (he got this at second try, Stella)

14 How tall is she (he got this, 5,5 ft = 1,64 m)

15) How did she rate in Playboy's list of sexiest women (35)

6 hours ago, madgefan said:

On September 24, 2005 Guy attended this TV show I knew nothing about. I don't speak French but I kinda get the main ideas from the whole thing. He didn't seem to know most of the answers :bothered2:

https://www.ina.fr/video/I09160685/madonna-quizz-avec-guy-ritchie-video.html

But does he speak French? Maybe that’s why he’s slow with the answers....

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

But does he speak French? Maybe that’s why he’s slow with the answers....

If you look at 0:23 he has an in-ear headset, but the time from translating might explain why he is slow. I think you can hear the translation at 0:53, but still he doesn't know her birthday! Or maybe she lied to him  :devil:

4 hours ago, A500 said:

He really didn't give a fuck about her. What a gold digger.

exactly! 70000 million with the divorce...I think she might  in love with him, but i dont think he really loved her. I never heard about the movie director before Madona...and after Madonna...is he still alive? (being ironic). I dont hate him, but i dont like him either.

7 hours ago, emanon said:

exactly! 70000 million with the divorce...I think she might  in love with him, but i dont think he really loved her. I never heard about the movie director before Madona...and after Madonna...is he still alive? (being ironic). I dont hate him, but i dont like him either.

He is a very famous director now. He directed Alladin for Disney

I think that was just his way to deflect from the idea of him being seen as Mr Madonna - i.e. pretending he doesn't know such things, as if he was above that. Sure there's humour involved but he's done it on many occasions and Madonna tried to appease that side of him too (the whole Mrs Ritchie schtick). Shame that his ego was this fragile. 

52 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I think that was just his way to deflect from the idea of him being seen as Mr Madonna - i.e. pretending he doesn't know such things, as if he was above that. Sure there's humour involved but he's done it on many occasions and Madonna tried to appease that side of him too (the whole Mrs Ritchie schtick). Shame that his ego was this fragile. 

i honestly dont believe he gave a shit what people thought. im sure within his circle, people look down more on Madonna than he was look down upon. i know some here prefer to think of him as latching on Madonna for whatever reason, but he has become somewhat a respectable director. he tends to get a lot of a list actors for his films as well. he just didnt play to that role, "I'm Mr. Madonna".  i never thought of him as such either.

and if i was going to divorce madonna, i certainly would go for the pocket book as well. he didnt come off as if he had much respect for madonna which is why i can see why fans think hes a jerk.

19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i honestly dont believe he gave a shit what people thought. im sure within his circle, people look down more on Madonna than he was look down upon. i know some here prefer to think of him as latching on Madonna for whatever reason, but he has become somewhat a respectable director. he tends to get a lot of a list actors for his films as well. he just didnt play to that role, "I'm Mr. Madonna".  i never thought of him as such either.

and if i was going to divorce madonna, i certainly would go for the pocket book as well. he didnt come off as if he had much respect for madonna which is why i can see why fans think hes a jerk.

That's sort of the point - because people in his inner circle (among others) would look down on Madonna he felt he needed to assert his independence and act as if he was "above all this start bullshit", as Marty would say :). She definitely played the obedient wife game and got out of her way to let him shine and I don't think that role was created in vacuum. She clearly grew to resent it too ("I Don't Give A" anyone?). 

I never questioned his talent - I think he is a great director, quite ground breaking and I loved his early films especially. 

As for the settlement, form what I understand - Ritchie came from a privileged background with a family linked to English aristocracy, he attended private boarding schools, etc. Not like he needed the money then, certainly not £70 million. Madonna worked for everything she got in her life and worked hard at it and that must've been a bitter pill to swallow. For someone who did his best to portray himself as this bad ass, independent macho man who didn't care about Madonna as the pop star, Ritchie sure didn't have a problem cashing in on the fruits of her pop career in the end. In my eyes, that makes him a hypocrite. And a whiny little bitch. But that's just me. :)