Guy Oseary no longer running Maverick to focus on Madonna and U2

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, lucasciccone said:

Well he can start focusing on putting all of Madonna maxi singles from 1982 to 2005 on streaming platforms :Madonna038:

Why bother with that  - just buy the cd singles they are more collectible than an audio file or just get them from here ? I thought most fans in here love having physical releases ? 

11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

You can’t blame the record company for this I’m sorry - prince hasnt made any catchy songs since the emancipation album which wasn’t a Warner’s record - and M ‘s songwriting has been very patchy since American life - it’s just artists running out of creativity I think and nothing to do with record companies interference - I mean how songs does M mention fuzzy dream ?

I said exactly the contrary. Warner must have had quality control, something that was missing from M and Prince's albums after they left the company.

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why bother with that  - just buy the cd singles they are more collectible than an audio file or just get them from here ? I thought most fans in here love having physical releases ? 

Well because we are living in 2020. Who buys maxi singles besides fans. I'm a hardcore Madonna fan and I don't have any maxi single because I've never seen one in a store and it's extremely expensive in my country to buy them internationally.

So if I wanna listen to them "legally" what's wrong with having them on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music, iTunes Store, etc etc. It's even good for her. 

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

You can’t blame the record company for this I’m sorry - prince hasnt made any catchy songs since the emancipation album which wasn’t a Warner’s record - and M ‘s songwriting has been very patchy since American life - it’s just artists running out of creativity I think and nothing to do with record companies interference - I mean how songs does M mention fuzzy dream ?

Prince's post Warner albums just don't compare, sorry. At this point it's no longer an opinion, it's a fact.

And all of Madonna's collabs post WBR, have been with artists signed to Maverick management. And look at the history of the Rebel Heart album recording. 90% of those writers were hired by the label.

I don't think he's a good manager but i also don't think he is the one to blame for Madonna latest failures. She's the only one the blame there. She's the one that writes that music, that produces it, gives it green light and then tours with it.

If she keeps doing music that doesn't please anyone outside her small hardcore fan base or does bad promotion (bad interviews or bad performances)... what can he do? Unless you tell me he has the last word during the creative process...

2 minutes ago, DWMG said:

I don't think he's a good manager but i also don't think he is the one to blame for Madonna latest failures. She's the only one the blame there. She's the one that writes that music, that produces it, gives it green light and then tours with it.

If she keeps doing music that doesn't please anyone outside her small hardcore fan base or does bad promotion (bad interviews or bad performances)... what can he do? Unless you tell me he has the last word during the creative process...

I don't think this has anything to do with the quality of the music.

The issue isn't the general public not liking the music. The issue is getting the general public to listen to the music.

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I don't think this has anything to do with the quality of the music.

The issue isn't the general public not liking the music. The issue is getting the general public to listen to the music.

If the quality of her music is bad, you can have Scooter Braun as her manager and she still will fail.

They tried and the gp rejected it several times. I can't imagine a non-fan person liking Give Me All Your Luvin, Medellin, Bitch I'm Madonna, etc. You can do a big payola for them but people still won't listen to it because it's just bad. Not Madonna worthy music AT ALL.

But i agree that her team (not only her manager) is bad at their work. Just an example: if it wasn't for us spamming his instagram, her videos would be still duplicated or blocked everywhere. But that's another thing. The main problem is her and her output.

21 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But the public actually liked Bitch I'm Madonna lol...

It's the only song from the past 10 years the general public actually knows.

And you can have BAD music AND have Scooter Braun as your manger, AND your music will succeed lol. Where have you been for the past 6 years? lol. 

do you really  know anyone outside the fan world that likes and listens that song? Because the only thing i remember from that day is people making fun of her and the video.

And you didn't get the point with Scooter. He manages Ariana and Justin Bieber. Probably the singers with bigger fan bases at the moment. They can release something good like Sorry or Dangerous Woman or something bad and it still will succeed. Not matter what. Madonna is not at that position. So, as i said, you can have the most powerful manager in the industry, do big payola and your music still won't go anywhere because it's just not good and your fan base is not that big to carry it alone.

Are you going to tell me that her music  from the last decade matches the quality of her older albums and everyone likes it but Guy Oseary it's such a bad manager that people doesn't notice it? If there is something that everyone agrees is that the quality of her music dropped in the last 10 years. We need to stop blaming everyone for that.

Edited by DWMG (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, DWMG said:

do you really  know anyone outside the fan world that likes and listens that song? Because the only thing i remember from that day is people making fun of her and the video.

And you didn't get the point with Scooter. He manages Ariana and Justin Bieber. Probably the singers with bigger fan bases at the moment. They can release something good like Sorry or Dangerous Woman or something bad and it still will succeed. Not matter what. Madonna is not at that position. So, as i said, you can have the most powerful manager in the industry, do big payola and your music still won't go anywhere because it's just not good and your fan base is not that big to carry it alone.

Are you going to tell me that her music  from the last decade matches the quality of her older albums and everyone likes it but Guy Oseary it's such a bad manager that people doesn't notice it? If there is something that everyone agrees is that the quality of her music dropped in the last 10 years. We need to stop blaming everyone for that.

Pay attention, please.

Justin Bieber's new music is not good at all. It sucks. Yet is doing well. For example, if Scooter Braun can manage Justin and his not so good music, and make it successful. Then he can too manage Madonna and her "not so good" music and make it a success.

But again, i wasn't talking about success and charts. I am talking about getting the music to the general public.

• Kim Petras
  • Robyn
  • Carly Rae Jepson

Those are not chart busting queens. Yet they have established themselves as "successful" musicians, that the general public knows and loves. Their singles can "flop" on the hot 100, yet people keep streaming their songs and talk about them all day long. This doesn't happen to Madonna. When she puts out a new album, about 1/8 of the general public is aware. That's the issue here. No one is listening to new Madonna cause they are not aware. They need to bring Madonna to the GP's attention.

Now, back to Bitch I'm Madonna. You seem to not be aware of anything. A lot of people outside of Madonna's fanbase knows that song. Let's go over the facts:

• Living for Love Hot 100: did not chart
  • Ghosttown Hot 100: did not chart
  • Bitch I'm Madonna Hot 100: #84

1. Bitch I'm Madonna YouTube: 318 Million
  2. La Isla Bonita YouTube 295 Million
  3. Hung Up YouTube 245 Million
  4. Vogue YouTube 117 Million
  5. Like a Prayer YouTube 116 Million

21. Living For Love YouTube 34 Million

So her most streamed video, is her most hated among the general public? lol that makes no sense. Let's go over the music streaming platforms:

Apple Music

1. Champagne Rose
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. Material Girl
  4. Like a Prayer
  5. 4 Minutes
  6. Holiday
  7. Hung Up
  8. Bitch I'm Madonna

Spotify (as of May 3 2020)

1. 1.Like A Prayer - 171,486,154 (+1,873,592)

2. Material Girl - 157,088,873 (+1,909,230)

3. Like A Virgin - 132,383,541 (+1,406,932)

4. 4 Minutes - 130,932,173 (+1,164,093)

5. Hung Up - 115,413,143 (+1,916,289)

6. La Isla Bonita - 108,215,347 (+1,511,120)

7. Vogue - 105,407,293 (+1,089,446)

8. Holiday - 82,478,535 (+937,118)

9. Bitch I'm Madonna - 61,159,437 (+393,772)

Please put your opinion to the side, as did I, cause it's not my favorite song. But as it stands, Bitch I'm Madonna is one of her more popular songs from the past 10 years. In the streaming world, it's her most successful single of her Post-Warner catalog. 

9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Pay attention, please.

Justin Bieber's new music is not good at all. It sucks. Yet is doing well. For example, if Scooter Braun can manage Justin and his not so good music, and make it successful. Then he can too manage Madonna and her "not so good" music and make it a success.

But again, i wasn't talking about success and charts. I am talking about getting the music to the general public.

• Kim Petras
  • Robyn
  • Carly Rae Jepson

Those are not chart busting queens. Yet they have established themselves as "successful" musicians, that the general public knows and loves. Their singles can "flop" on the hot 100, yet people keep streaming their songs and talk about them all day long. This doesn't happen to Madonna. When she puts out a new album, about 1/8 of the general public is aware. That's the issue here. No one is listening to new Madonna cause they are not aware. They need to bring Madonna to the GP's attention.

Now, back to Bitch I'm Madonna. You seem to not be aware of anything. A lot of people outside of Madonna's fanbase knows that song. Let's go over the facts:

• Living for Love Hot 100: did not chart
  • Ghosttown Hot 100: did not chart
  • Bitch I'm Madonna Hot 100: #84

1. Bitch I'm Madonna YouTube: 318 Million
  2. La Isla Bonita YouTube 295 Million
  3. Hung Up YouTube 245 Million
  4. Vogue YouTube 117 Million
  5. Like a Prayer YouTube 116 Million

21. Living For Love YouTube 34 Million

So her most streamed video, is her most hated among the general public? lol that makes no sense. Let's go over the music streaming platforms:

Apple Music

1. Champagne Rose
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. Material Girl
  4. Like a Prayer
  5. 4 Minutes
  6. Holiday
  7. Hung Up
  8. Bitch I'm Madonna

Spotify (as of May 3 2020)

1. 1.Like A Prayer - 171,486,154 (+1,873,592)

2. Material Girl - 157,088,873 (+1,909,230)

3. Like A Virgin - 132,383,541 (+1,406,932)

4. 4 Minutes - 130,932,173 (+1,164,093)

5. Hung Up - 115,413,143 (+1,916,289)

6. La Isla Bonita - 108,215,347 (+1,511,120)

7. Vogue - 105,407,293 (+1,089,446)

8. Holiday - 82,478,535 (+937,118)

9. Bitch I'm Madonna - 61,159,437 (+393,772)

Please put your opinion to the side, as did I, cause it's not my favorite song. But as it stands, Bitch I'm Madonna is one of her more popular songs from the past 10 years. In the streaming world, it's her most successful single of her Post-Warner catalog. 

Woof. You broke that down nicely.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Prince's post Warner albums just don't compare, sorry. At this point it's no longer an opinion, it's a fact.

And all of Madonna's collabs post WBR, have been with artists signed to Maverick management. And look at the history of the Rebel Heart album recording. 90% of those writers were hired by the label.

Includind the label owner (Martin Kierszenbaum) himself.

@wtg1987pretty much sums it up for me. Guy is hardly the problem here. it's the idea of getting the general public to listen to her music again, but that is hard for anyone who is over 50 in pop music.

the two have had a good relationship since the early 90's. a lot of silly investment products aside, he has been more good for her than not.

Madonna is the one holding back what most fans want. just look at what Guy has done for U2 with the focus on some of their most iconic music. he wants to do the same with madonna, but she is stubborn.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Madonna is the one holding back what most fans want. just look at what Guy has done for U2 with the focus on some of their most iconic music. he wants to do the same with madonna, but she is stubborn.

And I have to admit that is really frustrating.

I would like a new manager just to see what the possible results would be. For someone who loves change and moving forward, she's had the same manager for so long. It also seems like a full time job that wouldn't allow for running and managing several other things, yet he does.

Whenever the topic of management comes up, I always think of "Black Madonna". A part of me wishes she went through with it, just to see the chaos. It's the one thing she NEVER would have recovered from. The way others have been self destructive with drugs and alcohol, I sometimes feel she does with her work. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

And I have to admit that is really frustrating.

only because she just isnt as successful and popular as she used to be.  i understand why she doesnt want to become a nostalgic act, but most look at her as one anyway. she may as well just embrace it and take advantage of it. she can be both still.  just show a little more appreciation to the older stuff. people eat that up.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

only because she just isnt as successful and popular as she used to be.  i understand why she doesnt want to become a nostalgic act, but most look at her as one anyway. she may as well just embrace it and take advantage of it. she can be both still.  just show a little more appreciation to the older stuff. people eat that up.

Totally agree. The public do see her as a legacy act so it’d make sense to get some money out of it and keep people interested for whenever the next album is :Madonna038:

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

How many Madonna songs mention "Madonna" in the lyrics!

That is what I call LEGACY  :devil:

30 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

This is such a silly assumption that people continue to jump conclusions to. Madonna has never said anything that would imply this. We don’t know what the situation is. They could be waiting to put this kind of stuff out when the masters finally land back into Madonna’s lap in the next few years. We don’t know what her relationship is like with Warner’s anymore. Warner won’t even re-certify her albums!

Madonna has even warmed up to the idea in recent years of an unreleased / b-sides compilation. She even said that Vegas wouldn’t be out of the picture either!

This idea of Madonna being “stubborn” is so stupid. There’s no evidence to back it up.

Lady Gaga is floating on features (not sustained by but just using them as far as I can Ariana and Black Print are unecassary in the grand scheme of Chromatica) right now so Madonna using features for one single and a handful of album tracks is like nothing. It’s the norm and a way of bridging different fan bases and genres. Medellin was great and I was captivated at first listen. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

This is such a silly assumption that people continue to jump conclusions to. Madonna has never said anything that would imply this. We don’t know what the situation is. They could be waiting to put this kind of stuff out when the masters finally land back into Madonna’s lap in the next few years. We don’t know what her relationship is like with Warner’s anymore. Warner won’t even re-certify her albums!

This idea of Madonna being “stubborn” is so stupid. There’s no evidence to back it up.

you are entitled to your opinion as much as mine. it doesnt mean my suggestion is anymore 'silly' or 'stupid' than yours.

there is no 'assumption' or 'jumping to conclusion' to the fact that Madonna is very driven to look ahead rather back.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Totally agree. The public do see her as a legacy act so it’d make sense to get some money out of it and keep people interested for whenever the next album is :Madonna038:

i think she needs a few years where she re-exposes the world to what made her so iconic.  i felt when she did the super bowl we saw a glimpse of positivity from the public performing some of her greatest hits. we need more of that.