Guy Oseary no longer running Maverick to focus on Madonna and U2

Redha DBL

Guest Nobody Knows Me

What’s worrying is the fact that, with Guy, his main drive with Madonna seems to just be touring. It’s what brings in the money so that’s what he seems to focus on, and sometimes it feels as if the tour comes before the album nowadays. However, it seems evident now that we’re not going to get another tour for a pretty long time, and her touring reputation has really been damaged by the past three tours, primarily MXT. I think he’s really going to have to put his foot down with reissues etc to keep her in the public eye somewhat and at least try and fix some of the damage made from the last era. If she keeps going quiet for 3+ years I can’t see sales improving :Madonna033:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Guy really needs to also resign from Madonna too. He is (at least partially) responsible for at least a decade of terrible music, terrible business decisions, and for not taking Madonna's phone away & banning her from using social media lol

Agreed. I don’t think it should all be put on him but there are definitely several things he should be doing as a manager and just isn’t. 

54 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

What’s worrying is the fact that, with Guy, his main drive with Madonna seems to just be touring. It’s what brings in the money so that’s what he seems to focus on, and sometimes it feels as if the tour comes before the album nowadays. However, it seems evident now that we’re not going to get another tour for a pretty long time, and her touring reputation has really been damaged by the past three tours, primarily MXT. I think he’s really going to have to put his foot down with reissues etc to keep her in the public eye somewhat and at least try and fix some of the damage made from the last era. If she keeps going quiet for 3+ years I can’t see sales improving :Madonna033:

We will end up with dodgy unflattering Instagram posts to keep her in the public eye for those 3+ years which will only damage her reputation even more with the GP, this will be a form of keeping her in the public eye  #NontraditionalPromo 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Matty said:

We will end up with dodgy unflattering Instagram posts to keep her in the public eye for those 3+ years which will only damage her reputation even more with the GP, this will be a form of keeping her in the public eye  #NontraditionalPromo 

Hate to say you’re right but...yeah :Madonna048:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
39 minutes ago, Matty said:

How amazing would it be in those 3+ years we actually get some remasters, greatest hits package, remix album 

It’d be fantastic and I’d love for it to happen. Do your job Guy! :crying:

Considering that her 360° Live Nation deal is also supposed to control her image, I was wondering if many bad choices on IG were an intentional sabotage not to renew the contract. She's done it already: she took Amazing out of the DWT setlist because Warner wanted it as a single and included the Funny Song instead...

I also wonder if MX was released so late because she didn't want to tour sooner. I hope they allow her to release new musuc without having to tour. Another silence of three years would kill her position and her fandom too. To celebrate anniversaries properly wouldn't transform her in a legacy act.

22 hours ago, Enrico said:

I totally agree with you, although I admit that in a very irrational way I hope that M can still make it in the charts although they are now useless.

All songs released today have the same sound and even wirse than that, the girls have same vocals!! You can never recognize them.

But unfortunately from they way Rebel Heart songs we treated - and we are lucky to have witnessed part of the creative process - and from the musical choices in Madame X you have to admit that it's Madonna and her record company who still care. Those records desperately try to blend the "Madonna style" with a contemporary sound that often ruins the songs trying to make her sound young.

Yeah, I think her biggest failing in the last 15 years was a desperate attempt to stay relevant when she just needed to be relevant in a different way. I honestly couldn't give a fuck if her singles chart - I just want a good album with great videos.

I think guy has definitely led her down a path that's contributed to her decline in the last few years. I see him very much as a "yes man" and I think Freddy may have been a little bit more combative and opinionated. But the dynamic shifted when she changed Management - Freddy was a hotshot who knew what he was doing and could guide and teach her, Guy was someone that she brought into her already established career - I don't see him as being the active Manager in that relationship... she does what she wants when she wants and there's no one to offer an alternative or, you know, Manage her.

A good Manager would have confiscated her mobile device a decade ago...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
18 minutes ago, Byron2018 said:

Should we all come together and nominate someone for this? :Madonna005:

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Madonna doesn’t need a man to manage her. Liz Rosenberg on the other hand..I miss her every day. I think the amount of credit Liz gets is understated. She steered Madonnas public relations perfectly for so many years. Things have... taken a turn since she no longer worked for M. 

You're right

I wish she found someone like her

On 5/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Enrico said:

I totally agree with you, although I admit that in a very irrational way I hope that M can still make it in the charts although they are now useless.

All songs released today have the same sound and even wirse than that, the girls have same vocals!! You can never recognize them.

But unfortunately from they way Rebel Heart songs we treated - and we are lucky to have witnessed part of the creative process - and from the musical choices in Madame X you have to admit that it's Madonna and her record company who still care. Those records desperately try to blend the "Madonna style" with a contemporary sound that often ruins the songs trying to make her sound young.

My flip comment is I remember how many times I heard male vocalists try to sound like Eddie Vedder and I was bothered by it. 

I haven't paid much attention to radio in last 15 years lol but I listened to to 3 seconds of it the other day and heard a woman singing in that vocal fry and immediately switched it off.

It sounds that way to me anyway but yeah Im like I heard this already and I probaly never heard the song before. 

NOOOOO!!!!  He took the humanity from her.  Nonstop money making machine - deal after deal but theres no soul.  Everything she does is hyper expensive these days - its all about the money.

M - drop this guy - you two had a good run (some would argue im being too kind) - you need fresh blood to manage you.

8 hours ago, Byron2018 said:

Yeah, I think her biggest failing in the last 15 years was a desperate attempt to stay relevant when she just needed to be relevant in a different way. I honestly couldn't give a fuck if her singles chart - I just want a good album with great videos.

I think guy has definitely led her down a path that's contributed to her decline in the last few years. I see him very much as a "yes man" and I think Freddy may have been a little bit more combative and opinionated. But the dynamic shifted when she changed Management - Freddy was a hotshot who knew what he was doing and could guide and teach her, Guy was someone that she brought into her already established career - I don't see him as being the active Manager in that relationship... she does what she wants when she wants and there's no one to offer an alternative or, you know, Manage her.

Just a reminder that it didnt go from Freddy to Guy - Lets not forget the Caresse Henry (rip) years - ~94 - ~04 and Angela Becker came after for the COADF era..

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 hours ago, Enrico said:

Considering that her 360° Live Nation deal is also supposed to control her image, I was wondering if many bad choices on IG were an intentional sabotage not to renew the contract. She's done it already: she took Amazing out of the DWT setlist because Warner wanted it as a single and included the Funny Song instead...

I also wonder if MX was released so late because she didn't want to tour sooner. I hope they allow her to release new musuc without having to tour. Another silence of three years would kill her position and her fandom too. To celebrate anniversaries properly wouldn't transform her in a legacy act.

Totally agree, and this was one of the biggest issues I have with Guy. To him the touring is more important than the music and it’s all just about money now which has led to ridiculously expensive prices. He really does need to go because he’s literally doing nothing good for her career. 

56 minutes ago, AModSquad said:

Just a reminder that it didnt go from Freddy to Guy - Lets not forget the Caresse Henry (rip) years - ~94 - ~04 and Angela Becker came after for the COADF era..

True  - her management between 94 and 07 was fantastic - Evita, Ray of Light, Music, DWT, RIT and Confessions - the only blip was the American Life not selling as well but was well managed through with what she did next with the RIT and then Confessions.  But her persona and image presented to the public through this period was great.  Plus I think being signed to Warners and the support and promotion she got through them must have helped. I think changing record companies, manager and PR agent between Confessions and now must be partly to blame for some of the mis-steps. I know back then there was not the social media and the music industry has changed so much too

Edited by MDNA22 (see edit history)

On 5/29/2020 at 3:22 AM, Gilbert said:

@wtg1987pretty much sums it up for me. Guy is hardly the problem here. it's the idea of getting the general public to listen to her music again, but that is hard for anyone who is over 50 in pop music.

the two have had a good relationship since the early 90's. a lot of silly investment products aside, he has been more good for her than not.

Madonna is the one holding back what most fans want. just look at what Guy has done for U2 with the focus on some of their most iconic music. he wants to do the same with madonna, but she is stubborn.

Totally. She’s said in many interviews that Guy has asked her to start her tours earlier - but she refuses. She’s in total control - I don’t think it would matter who managed her, the outcome would be the same.

She at least has integrity- unlike other artists who rig the system to get their singles to chart high, she hasn’t.