David Dances to honor George Floyd and His Family and all Acts of Racism and Discrimination

Voguerista

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole George Floyd situation deeply saddens me. it amazes me how several cops can stand around and let another murder someone. im glad Madonna has addressed the issue several times now.

spiraling off some... i might be the only one who feels this way, but does anyone ever get the impression that Madonna somewhat coattails off of Michael Jacksons legacy? not that she needs to do this, but i never really thought the two were friendly to each other while he was alive after they went out and tried to record music together. she rarely spoke of him and MJ seemed very put off by her even up to his death. its just so weird how she goes on like the two got along really well.

i appreciate she still recognizes his legacy and influence, instilling that in her children.  maybe the dislike was more one sided and Madonna just kept indifference, and rose above the things he said. after all, she tends to forgive Elton John over and over for what he says.

That was the FIRST song I had in mind all day yesterday when I heard the sad and heartbreaking news! Michael’s message rings very true up until this day, even more so this year!

I’m still heartbroken and very saddened by what happened! Rest in Paradise George Floyd and all the victims of Hate & Entitled Behavior (which is clinical insanity!) 

4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

i might be the only one who feels this way, but does anyone ever get the impression that Madonna somewhat coattails off of Michael Jacksons legacy? not that she needs to do this, but i never really thought the two were friendly to each other while he was live after they went out and tried to record music together. she rarely spoke of him and MJ seemed very put off by her even up to his death. its just so weird how she goes on like the two got along really well.

i appreciate she still recognizes his legacy and influence, instilling that in her children.  maybe the dislike was more one sided and Madonna just kept indifference, and rose above the things he said. after all, she tends to forgive Elton John over and over for what he says.

I understand all you’ve said

but I feel it’s not the right time to discuss this or even think about.

Madonna loves Michael, even if just his music. And it’s amazing to see her children enjoy amazing music like that of Michael’s too! 

peace and love 

7 minutes ago, carloazcueta said:

I understand all you’ve said

but I feel it’s not the right time to discuss this or even think about.

Madonna loves Michael, even if just his music. And it’s amazing to see her children enjoy amazing music like that of Michael’s too! 

peace and love 

you are probably right, but then that tends to be the "go to answer" about any issue raised. my apologies if i offended anyone for bringing it up. i have thought this on many occasions lately when she tends to bring up MJ. was just curious to see if anyone else thought similarly?

4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

you are probably right, but then that tends to be the "go to answer" about any issue raised. my apologies if i offended anyone for bringing it up. i have thought this on many occasions lately when she tends to bring up MJ. was just curious to see if anyone else thought similarly?

It’s possible! And don’t apologize lol! You’re good!

but to get on the topic, it’s very possible since Madonna is more “nostalgic” now and is at that age when she looks back a lot.

remember during the 2009 MTV VMAs when she gave a speech about Michael, it was also about her (nothing bad cause the end message is all positive and praising Michael)...

but yeah, she could be using him a bit lol and that’s okay cause she’s the Queen of Popular Music and He the King ???

23 minutes ago, carloazcueta said:

It’s possible! And don’t apologize lol! You’re good!

but to get on the topic, it’s very possible since Madonna is more “nostalgic” now and is at that age when she looks back a lot.

remember during the 2009 MTV VMAs when she gave a speech about Michael, it was also about her (nothing bad cause the end message is all positive and praising Michael)...

but yeah, she could be using him a bit lol and that’s okay cause she’s the Queen of Popular Music and He the King ???

its just peculiar to me for her to do so.  she spent much of the latter 90's and 00's, not really speaking of him. MJ was adamant about dissing her. 

and i remember that speech at the MTV VMAs. she got a lot of flack in how she did make it about her. maybe that wasnt her intention as she was trying to make the comparisons relatable. but then again, she never minced words has she?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

David is such a fantastic dancer and I really love the use of Michael’s “They Don’t Care About Us”. This whole situation is deeply disturbing and devastating and I love that Madonna has been so outspoken about this on social media.

So M is trending at number 2 in UK following her post with David dancing. There’s a whole load of unnecessary tweets from people saying that ‘black people are dying and M and her son are dancing like...’ etc. So sad. Are these people really that stupid? Particularly mean-spirited towards David .

I guess these people decided to overlook the song that David was dancing to and the message of that song... ?

7F318656-644F-4AA1-840F-0CAF0E5BE7D3.png

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

David is such a fantastic dancer and I really love the use of Michael’s “They Don’t Care About Us”. This whole situation is deeply disturbing and devastating and I love that Madonna has been so outspoken about this on social media.

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Oh that is cool and I’m glad they used MJs they don’t care about us track too ??

Regarding MJ... It's the second time this month that Madonna gives a shot-out to Michael Jackson.

I didn't want to bring it up last time, but I will now. 

I was banned from MadonnaNation and called an "MJ pedophile apologist" by mod Kim and a "sick pedo apologist c***" by admin Ven Conmigo for simply stating I believed him innocent until proven guilty like Madonna obviously does.

Some Madonna fans believe him innocent, some guilty, but regardless, Madonna herself is giving him the benefit of the doubt and stated she will not join the lynch-mob mentality.

Obviously, Madonna has not muted him, is not creeped out by him, and she still admires him. That's why I find it odd that MadonnaNation would ban her fans that also like MJ.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, AntiSkilled said:

I see a lot of lighthearted jokes about it on the timeline but nothing too cruel and mean spirited thank goodness.

Hopefully it will all calm down soon. I think her intentions have been misjudged completely. 

48 minutes ago, Kieran said:

So M is trending at number 2 in UK following her post with David dancing. There’s a whole load of unnecessary tweets from people saying that ‘black people are dying and M and her son are dancing like...’ etc. So sad. Are these people really that stupid? Particularly mean-spirited towards David .

I guess these people decided to overlook the song that David was dancing to and the message of that song... ?

7F318656-644F-4AA1-840F-0CAF0E5BE7D3.png

Which is my biggest issue with this, ALL police brutality is bad and hopefully ALL the cops involved will be in jail or worse soon

But black on black violence and homicide is an epidemic and NO ONE tweets or talks about that, last weekend in my city SIX blacks were unnecessarily killed including an innocent 9 year old girl and crickets from the media and "liberals"

38 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I genuinely was not expecting that to backfire like it did. 

I hope she won't delete it. If everytime some people react negatively to what she posts she deletes it... She deleted the bathtub video, right? She also removed that "dis n****" photo, right? That caption was a reference to Rocco who is White. She should have explained that under her post and left it at that w/ no apology, no removal.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Arckangel said:

She also removed that "dis n****" photo, right? That caption was a reference to Rocco who is White. She should have explained that under her post and left it at that w/ no apology, no removal.

That...doesn’t make it okay? 

8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That...doesn’t make it okay? 

She was referring to Rocco who is White, using it as a term of endearment. I find it odd that Black or mixed race artists can constantly use the N-word in songs, etc., but non-Black people can't ever use it as a term of endearment.

If a Drake song is playing, there are 10 people in a room (incl. 4 Black and one mixed race people), and they're all singing along... Should the 5 non-Black people stop singing/miming everytime the N-word comes up? Many would say yes, I find that ridiculous, and that's why I will never use it in my own songs (I'm Black). 

Back to this latest "controversy"... Too many forced apologies and removals are not good. It means social media may dictate the way she acts/behaves. When asked not to say the F-word, she'd go ahead and say it. I would not want her to lose that attitude she had.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

i mean i thought it was kind of cringey when i first saw it (like i think about a lot of her insta posts) but some people on twitter are acting reallyyyyy pissed about this, jesus.

it's definitely just outrage for the sake of being outraged honestly. a lot of people hate madonna and will take any opportunity to drag her.

something that kind of concerns me tho are people taking this opportunity to pull up that 2013 post where she calls Rocco the n-word. it already caused a controversy but I think the general public forgot about it and we as Madonna fans reallyyy don't need people to start talking about that again. That's something that could really hurt her legacy and image in the eyes of the public. Scared i'm gonna wake up to a #MadonnaIsOverParty