David Dances to honor George Floyd and His Family and all Acts of Racism and Discrimination

Voguerista

On 5/28/2020 at 4:38 PM, steady75 said:

I think Madonna misjudged this even though her intentions were good. I wouldn’t have subjected David to that kind of scrutiny regarding such an inflammatory matter. This backfired 

You would think that she'd have more common sense when it comes to what she posts on Instagram. A lot of her posts get scrutinized and some are judged rather unfairly sure, but it's come to a point where you'd think that she would reflect on what she's going to post ahead of time in order to avoid unnecessary backlash.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Gilbert said:

which post? the one with David or are you talking about the one from a few years ago when she used the "N" word regarding Rocco? sorry to say, but that is a totally different ball game than what is going on here with David. she used a word that is taken differently when a white person uses it. doesnt mean i agree with the use of it by anyone, but she has no business using that word and she knows that. this video with David is nothing like that incident. people are just hating just because they can. 

The one with David.

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

For what they are reporting on George and the kind person he was, I don't think he'd approve of all the burning and violence. And more is planned for tonight and this weekend. I want justice for George too and for this cop to go to jail for what he did etc, but, out of control burning, anarchy, and destructing everything isn't the way to go. ?

I agree it is unfair to business owners (not sure insurance is gonna cover all that!). As for the torching of police stations, as horrible as it looks, it is an act directly directed at some of those responsible. All people want is those four cops held accountable, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and severely convicted.

And as some may note, there is Black-on-Black, Black-on-White violence, etc. But those cops are held to a certain moral standard, they are supposed to be trained, in control of their emotions and fear. Too many of them have shown to be overtly afraid, jumpy or just plain hateful or unprofessional.

Peaceful action obviously does not work! It just doesn’t! It’s been that way for decades on end, and it’s getting worse w/ more and more killer cops committing plain murder and getting away with it. When peaceful action does not work, it incites war—physical war! I know it's horrible, but how many more murders will those cops get away with?

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

On 5/29/2020 at 1:47 AM, Arckangel said:

Regarding MJ... It's the second time this month that Madonna gives a shot-out to Michael Jackson.

I didn't want to bring it up last time, but I will now. 

I was banned from MadonnaNation and called an "MJ pedophile apologist" by mod Kim and a "sick pedo apologist c***" by admin Ven Conmigo for simply stating I believed him innocent until proven guilty like Madonna obviously does.

Some Madonna fans believe him innocent, some guilty, but regardless, Madonna herself is giving him the benefit of the doubt and stated she will not join the lynch-mob mentality.

Obviously, Madonna has not muted him, is not creeped out by him, and she still admires him. That's why I find it odd that MadonnaNation would ban her fans that also like MJ.

I left MadonnaNation for that reason when Leaving Neverland was aired you couldn't allow any doubt there. Silly !

I'm glad Madonna still acknowledges him.

This whole thing is silly. Madonna is an ally to black people obviously and before posting her son dancing, she already had spoken her mind on the matter serioulsly, so...

12 hours ago, Voguerista said:

For what they are reporting on George and the kind person he was, I don't think he'd approve of all the burning and violence. And more is planned for tonight and this weekend. I want justice for George too and for this cop to go to jail for what he did etc, but, out of control burning, anarchy, and distructing everything isn't the way to go. ?

Well they tried taking the knee and people had issue with that too. No wonder there are riots. 

Do people understand what honouring and paying tribute to means? Do we do this for our dead to bring them back to life? She even said racism happens (still!) on a daily basis. Why are some people mocking her that with her post racism is now over? That never was her intention, what is she supposed to do? Go out shooting white policemen? She's been showing her black kids dancing for years but now suddenly David is a dance monkey. It doesn't worry me though because all those oversensitive people have the shortest attention spans. Little do they care about Madonna's history when they type these comments, little will they care about the current events soon. They'll find the next thing to scold her for. 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:29 AM, kesiak said:

Well they tried taking the knee and people had issue with that too. No wonder there are riots. 

you are right. people have taken the knee in a peaceful protest, for matters just like this. and those people were assumed to be un-american or a non patriot.  

I dont believe Madonna is encouraging the violence or rioting. if anything, i see her just showing what people are capable of when they are ignored or the law takes things too far. i dont agree with all the destruction and violence, but who would have thought we'd be here in 2020 watching a white cop, murdering a black man who at best was being detained for a counterfeit bill. whatever the real reason was, it wasnt worth his life. more than that, there was no point in keeping him down that way for that long when it was clear he was no threat to the cops before he drew his last breath.

there is always someone criticizing the way one protests until it directly relates to their belief.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:33 AM, Blue Prince said:

Do people understand what honouring and paying tribute to means? Do we do this for our dead to bring them back to life? She even said racism happens (still!) on a daily basis. Why are some people mocking her that with her post racism is now over? That never was her intention, what is she supposed to do? Go out shooting white policemen? She's been showing her black kids dancing for years but now suddenly David is a dance monkey. It doesn't worry me though because all those oversensitive people have the shortest attention spans. Little do they care about Madonna's history when they type these comments, little will they care about the current events soon. They'll find the next thing to scold her for. 

I'm pretty sure black people remember all the little oopsie moments Madonna's had which is why many people react the way they do when Madonna does something that has .. weird optics. Altho I think the whole thing is an opportunity to make fun of her and even David for a post that many just find cringey. She did other more serious posts about the situation so it doesn't matter. People will have opinions on social media it is what it is. As M fans, or just people in general we should worry more about what's going on in the world than people making fun of Madonna or even defending her when ppl bring up her past mistakes. Now's not the time for that. 

6 hours ago, Kalabanshe said:

such a great article! M was being vilified for standing up for people's rights, is utter nonsense, and it doesn't get more moronic than those who can't see who their allies are. M is obviously proud of all of her children. And those who said "yeah thanks for ending racism" are very dim-witted to say the least.

I agree. It's a song about injustice anyway. In my opinion, David was feeling it in his heart and every move. There is nothing wrong with protesting and if a person wants to dance doing it, then good for them. I'd rather see protesting done in peace and dancing verses violently with fighting, guns, bombing, firecrackers, burning, killing, stealing, and looting etc which is now off the hook everywhere and hurting everyone defeating the original purpose of protesting or honoring George Floyd's memory. Even essential businesses that people rely on right now during a pandemic have been burned up, robbed and are ruined (and even Churches too). Terrorism, rioting, ruining and destroying communities, breaking the law, killing, and hurting others is never right or cool no matter what and/or who it is. Everything has gone to an extreme. No one and nothing is safe. It's just sad and enough is enough!  :frown:

Something is really wrong when people that are claiming for other's "protests" are more interested in bashing the ones that are actually saying something positive, or at least trying to. This love to hate attitude is disgusting.
Like the articles says: Madonna can't win. 
Yes, that post was quite naive and will certainly not end racism but neither will any hashtag or twitter rant... 
In some years from now people will look back and laugh at how hard people pick on her, but for now it's a pain in the ass to deal with it. 
Madonna should known better... Well, she knows better but do it even so, I guess...

4 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I'd rather see protesting done in peace and dancing verses violently with fighting, guns, bombing, firecrackers, burning, killing, stealing, and looting etc which is now off the hook everywhere and hurting everyone defeating the original purpose of protesting or honoring George Floyd's memory. Even essential businesses that people rely on right now during a pandemic have been burned up, robbed and are ruined (and even Churches too). Terrorism, rioting, ruining and destroying communities, breaking the law, killing, and hurting others is never right or cool no matter what and/or who it is. Everything has gone to an extreme. No one and nothing is safe. It's just sad and enough is enough!  :frown:

This isn’t just about George Floyd and remembering him. This is about systemic racism in this country. This is about two white men hunting down a black jogger and shooting him with a shotgun. This is about slavery. This is about systemic oppression. This is about a justice system that throws black men in jail for non violent crimes. This is about confederate statues looming over town squares letting black people know where they stand in their own towns. This is about the “president” of the United States calling black protesters thugs and white protesters with AK47s fine people. A racist, lying, corrupt, rapist in the White House whose own wife shows disdain. This is about the Vice President walking out of a football game because a player takes a knee in a “peaceful protest”. “Love” for your country’s flag taking precedent over an unlawful killing. Or however white people want to try and justify it so it doesn’t sound like racism. I can go on and on...  this is about Eric Garner and Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland, Castillo and all the ones that weren’t videotaped. 

There are thousands upon thousands of protesters... there’s no way they can all talk to eachother and agree what should happen and what shouldn’t.  This is a reaction in real time, not some boardroom discussion.  So if a target gets looted... oh well. That ISN’T the message. If that’s what you are focusing on then you are not listening. Don’t try and label this terrorism. This is OUR PEOPLE. Our brothers and sisters. 

And just so we’re all on the same page... there’s some funny shit happening out there on the ground too. Random people walking up and breaking windows and then leaving. To entice looting.  Not even part of the protests.  Cops instigating stuff so they have a reason to detain. Cop cars driving by and opening doors to hit protesters. Cops pointing guns at people to get them to disperse. This isn’t just a one sided thing. What these protesters are doing is not violence. Burning a cop car isn’t violent. It’s a message. No one is out there shooting anyone. 

We don’t get to repress people for hundreds of years and then dictate how they respond. We don’t get to be upset about our ruined communities when they aren’t invited to partake. This isn’t time for an “opposing view”, it’s a time to listen. 

and yes... you are safe. Saying you are not is the same as calling the cops when a black man asks you to put your dog on a leash in Central Park. No one is out there killing white people and putting their heads on sticks. If they were though, and If it was your own police officers doing it,  you’d probably protest. 

55 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

This isn’t just about George Floyd and remembering him. This is about systemic racism in this country. This is about two white men hunting down a black jogger and shooting him with a shotgun. This is about slavery. This is about systemic oppression. This is about a justice system that throws black men in jail for non violent crimes. This is about confederate statues looming over town squares letting black people know where they stand in their own towns. This is about the “president” of the United States calling black protesters thugs and white protesters with AK47s fine people. A racist, lying, corrupt, rapist in the White House whose own wife shows disdain. This is about the Vice President walking out of a football game because a player takes a knee in a “peaceful protest”. “Love” for your country’s flag taking precedent over an unlawful killing. Or however white people want to try and justify it so it doesn’t sound like racism. I can go on and on...  this is about Eric Garner and Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland, Castillo and all the ones that weren’t videotaped. 

There are thousands upon thousands of protesters... there’s no way they can all talk to eachother and agree what should happen and what shouldn’t.  This is a reaction in real time, not some boardroom discussion.  So if a target gets looted... oh well. That ISN’T the message. If that’s what you are focusing on then you are not listening. Don’t try and label this terrorism. This is OUR PEOPLE. Our brothers and sisters. 

And just so we’re all on the same page... there’s some funny shit happening out there on the ground too. Random people walking up and breaking windows and then leaving. To entice looting.  Not even part of the protests.  Cops instigating stuff so they have a reason to detain. Cop cars driving by and opening doors to hit protesters. Cops pointing guns at people to get them to disperse. This isn’t just a one sided thing. What these protesters are doing is not violence. Burning a cop car isn’t violent. It’s a message. No one is out there shooting anyone. 

We don’t get to repress people for hundreds of years and then dictate how they respond. We don’t get to be upset about our ruined communities when they aren’t invited to partake. This isn’t time for an “opposing view”, it’s a time to listen. 

and yes... you are safe. Saying you are not is the same as calling the cops when a black man asks you to put your dog on a leash in Central Park. No one is out there killing white people and putting their heads on sticks. If they were though, and If it was your own police officers doing it,  you’d probably protest. 

thanks for this. you put it in perspective, something more than I thought about myself.  as much as I say I stand with those against racism, i will never truly understand how it feels to be a black person, even today.

my only issue is the way some are turning this more violent and destructive. like you, i find it a bit strange how there are some using this time to further cause division.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Thank you. Though please know I never meant that this is terrorism as a whole. Again, I'm all for protesting peacefully and for complete justice in this. The bad cops should pay for what they did. When I mentioned terrorism, I meant it for those who are making it worse and going to an extreme by being distructive, violent, burning, stealing, looting, killing, and trying to hurt other people and their businesses etc. As I write this, George Floyd's brother and family is praying and begging to protest in peace and for justice for the murder but not hate and violence. And @RUADJAII'm so sorry if anything I wrote offended you. I know this is all so hard for everyone.  

49 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Thank you. Though please know I never meant that this is terrorism as a whole. Again, I'm all for protesting peacefully and for complete justice in this. The bad cops should pay for what they did. When I mentioned terrorism, I meant it for those who are making it worse and going to an extreme by being distructive, violent, burning, stealing, looting, killing, and trying to hurt other people and their businesses etc. As I write this, George Floyd's brother and family is praying and begging to protest in peace and for justice for the murder but not hate and violence. And @RUADJAII'm so sorry if anything I wrote offended you. I know this is all so hard for everyone.  

We all want peace. Thats what the protests are for. You can't lump the looting together with the protests just like you can't lump the bad cops all together with the good ones. Like I said before... its not just BLM people out there looting. Theres numerous videos of people begging looters NOT to, so it doesn't detract from their message. You don't have to be sorry. I think we agree. It's just... no one knows who's looting right now. There are groups of people taking advantage of the situation and no one knows exactly who's doing it. But we have to be careful with our words not to just blindly lump it in with the protests as detractors would like to do. 

The peaceful "boring" parts are not being shown. The fires are being shown... the looting is being shown.