When she teases new cool haircuts on instagram

Redha DBL

she looks better with longer hair. i think shorter hair will only age her more. so will the dark hair. that third picture above is lovely hair, but it looks more like an "old lady" style.  she should go natural curls or straight.  

i do agree that the black wigs looked great on her, but it works on stage with the proper make up. otherwise i think it would age her more.

who would like to see her go grey? i bet she would look cool with natural greying hair.

I like the hair tease posts. Even when they never show up again. Lol. We always see wigs around her, but she never really wears any of them, unless it's been for a photo shoot or party/event.  It's strange to have so many around unless the kids wear them for dress up. The wigs we've seen her in have most likely been catalogued and archived with the clothing/costume it was worn with. 

I'm a hairdresser, so I've noticed all the reliance on extensions more than wigs, which work better for her, but in general Madonna's hair has always been the star of her eras, so the obviousness of badly color-matched, often too long extensions takes a bit of the magic away from the transformations for me. 
I like her glamorous looks, but her candid moments really do make her look ageless. It would be nice if she does make a deliberate change for the next era, is to just look comfortable. All the corsets and boobs and hair, it all just looks like a costume now. 

or maybe being a hairdresser during lockdown has me overthinking this. ?

I feel like starting a Change.org petition to get her to dump Andy LeCompte already. He is the absolutely worst. He loves giving her, what fans describe as "granny hair" and that awful strawberry blonde color. It looks so artificial. Whether she wants to hear it or not, her hair was a big part of her allure. It marked another reinvention. I remember in the 90s when she had a different hairstyle and hair color every other week. The wigs used for the Madame X photoshoot prove that she still looks amazing brunette. Her wigs unfortunately always look cheap. I wish she'd go for the real thing. Ever since 2000 her hair has been boring. She changed it for one second for American Life (a horrible cut thanks to Andy) and rushed back to blonde and even with COADF, she had actual red hair for a minute and it went progressively blonder. At least she ditched the track suits and Ed Hardy hats. :bubblebitch:

I think brunette madonna is awesome, less predictable than blond M. Blond will ALWAYS be iconic on her , but brunette is so good , it makes her looks younger to me. Red confessions hair was dope as well, and I'm ok with the one era only change ...

The power of goodbye anyone? pure Heaven.

She likes to be diva blond, she always been.. I prefer the platinum look from the bedtime story era , golden-yellowish tone from the last years is not my thing, 

anyway bitch she's madonna,  she cant do everything she want and we will still love her even with a full shaved head !

I remember during 2000-2002, DWT time she looked so weird to me , she bleached her eyebrows and somehow looked so off ( I know she did the bleach eyebrows look before and she was dope). Then with American life era she comeback as a sexy disciplinate brunette combat-girl and was SO sexy !! brown hair really reinjuvinates her face. 

Blond ambition and truth or dare premiere time? Bloody sexy with the dark look she had in 1991!

M's look changes always brings a new character to life, it seems so magical to me she's never the same !

2 hours ago, drivebitch said:

I feel like starting a Change.org petition to get her to dump Andy LeCompte already. He is the absolutely worst. He loves giving her, what fans describe as "granny hair" and that awful strawberry blonde color. It looks so artificial. Whether she wants to hear it or not, her hair was a big part of her allure. It marked another reinvention. I remember in the 90s when she had a different hairstyle and hair color every other week. The wigs used for the Madame X photoshoot prove that she still looks amazing brunette. Her wigs unfortunately always look cheap. I wish she'd go for the real thing. Ever since 2000 her hair has been boring. She changed it for one second for American Life (a horrible cut thanks to Andy) and rushed back to blonde and even with COADF, she had actual red hair for a minute and it went progressively blonder. At least she ditched the track suits and Ed Hardy hats. :bubblebitch:

You are absolutely right. Andy once said in an interview that his fav Madonna hairdo is the old fashionned Hollywood glam one. And this is the hairdo we are getting for 15 years... no kidding i'm in for that change.org petition lol !

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

She bleaches her hair because she probably has a lot of gray.

Well said. As a hairdresser, alot of my female customers in their mid 40's upwards are opting for the lighter look due to grey hairs...it's alot easier to maintain it's color with blending it out.

Personally dark hair on Madonna now ages her drastically, especially short hair. Soft blonde tones work best for her, but she really needs to ditch that 50's bangs flip going on.

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

Personally dark hair on Madonna now ages her drastically, especially short hair. Soft blonde tones work best for her.

Hmm, sorry but quite the opposite for me. I see a 44 years old woman on that brunette pic and a 70 yo on the blond one... short brunette makes her look much younger actually.

PicsArt_05-31-04.40.21.jpg