Billie Piper thinks Madonna is to blame for sexualising her "way too early".

Voguerista

She's blaming Madonna? Well, she is the one who decided to listen and watch her. Although singers, etc. can be influencing, in the end, we are responsible for ourselves and our own actions and how we let others influence us or not influence us imo. What do you think?

Billie Piper thinks Madonna is to blame for sexualising her "way too early".

The 37-year-old star grew up idolising the pop icon, but on reflection, Billie believes Madonna planted "sexual ideas" in her mind before she was ready to deal with them.

The actress told the Daily Mail newspaper's Sebastian Shakespeare column: "When I was a kid I was obsessed with Madonna.

"I think she planted sexual ideas in my head way too early. So much of what she portrays means you can't get away from her sexuality. Her choreography with a nice, catchy song was all so ingrained - I was devoted to her, so I saw everything."

Billie - who married TV presenter Chris Evans when she was just 18 - previously admitted she made a conscious effort to hide her figure because she felt "oversexualised".

The former 'Doctor Who' star - who shot to fame during her teenage years, when her debut single, 'Because We Want To', topped the UK charts - said: "I think that's why, for so long, my desire to hide my body in baggy clothes took hold.

"I like girl's clothes now because I feel in a better place, but the hangover from that time lasted a while."

Billie also argued that social media can be a toxic environment for women.

The actress said: "Under the guise of being all supportive and there for each other, women can be very judgy and competitive, especially on social media.

"The emotions are the same, it's just the semantics that have changed."

She later added: "I'm also not sure how much we have moved on anyway.

"A lot of social media is about women looking really oversexed. That doesn't feel like feminism to me.

"Like, this whole thing of 'I'm liberated enough to bare my a**e' doesn't remotely cut it with me."

I think the Daily Mail headline is clickbait-y and I don't think she's "blaming" Madonna at all. What I took from this was that she wanted to be like Madonna when she was a popstar because she looked up to her so much, but the difference was Billie was a teenager (15 when she started). This lead to her being oversexualized by the industry before she was even 18, and she's spoken in lengths about having traumatic experiences behind the scenes during those times. She's not blaming Madonna for that. 

She clearly doesn't having a problem expressing her sexuality as an adult, i.e. Secret Diary of a Call Girl, but it's different when record execs were pushing her, a teenage girl at the time, to be more sexual.

Edited by dancefloortears (see edit history)

3 hours ago, dancefloortears said:

I think the Daily Mail headline is clickbait-y and I don't think she's "blaming" Madonna at all. What I took from this was that she wanted to be like Madonna when she was a popstar because she looked up to her so much, but the difference was Billie was a teenager (15 when she started). This lead to her being oversexualized by the industry before she was even 18, and she's spoken in lengths about having traumatic experiences behind the scenes during those times. She's not blaming Madonna for that. 

She clearly doesn't having a problem expressing her sexuality as an adult, i.e. Secret Diary of a Call Girl, but it's different when record execs were pushing her, a teenage girl at the time, to be more sexual.

Yeah. I don’t know who she is, but it’s apparent she was a part of the whole Britney Spears movement. Which itself is predatory, an underage girl made to be a sexual object. 

16 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah. I don’t know who she is, but it’s apparent she was a part of the whole Britney Spears movement. Which itself is predatory, an underage girl made to be a sexual object. 

she was to some point and ended up being a bit more alternative than to the other pop girls. she is part of that posh life and only had a few hits in the UK and few other countries.

makes me wonder she is using Madonna's name to get attention. just because Madonnas name is tied to it, doesnt mean we need to give it the time of day. but too many people enjoy talking about tabloid stories

Madonna admitted that her content in Justify my love video definitely wasn't for children and anyone but consenting adults. So Billie should understand that, as Madonna herself was 30plus at her sexiest. But also unsuitable for the young was the violence that MTV (and much of TV in general) was portraying throughout the day. Looks like the violence seed is what could be making today's unfortunate news though, not Madonna's sexuality :thinker: But who wants to talk about that?