Madonna is at the Black Lives Matter protest in London

Blue Jean

I wonder if the ‘oh fuck off’ in the video is directed at her? Why do I get the feeling she’ll get dragged for this somehow? It’s a no-win situation - you don’t post on social media and your accused of being complicit by your silence. Okay, so you post something and then your accused of virtue signalling to make yourself look good! Now she’s turned up at the protest and you just know they’ll be people calling her out for trying to make this all about her. Aye-aye-aye-aye...

That said, I don’t agree with her being there. The hypocrisy of the UK media bullying Dominic Cummings for days on end when he broke lockdown, but now there are now thousands upon thousands of people taking to the streets across the world, risking a second spike of infection, when the rest of us are staying at home, maintaining social distance and doing our best to reduce the rate of infection. Where’s the condemnation from the media now?

I’m not saying the protesters cause is not worthwhile or important. Of course it is, but now is not the time to be risking thousands more lives! Black lives matter, but Coronavirus is a far bigger problem for the entire world right now. Reducing the rate of infection by maintaining social distance should be everyone’s first priority, not these protests.

10 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I  have mixed feeling about this,  I'm 100% behind the issue and do not approve of any racism of any type.. :(

All lives matter!

But in the UK we are ''''NOT'''' supposed to be gathering in large numbers due to the virus :(

& why she’s not wearing the damn mask??? 

hope everyone who goes to protest stays safe. Black lives matter, now and always

Also stay safe because we are in a PANDEMIC. Why is this not at the top of people's list of concerns?

Like these marches are for black lives and they are organized in a way that efficiently spreads a deadly disease by gathering mass groups of people. wtf

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

Even tho... people are getting it again!!! 

Well it certainly isn’t setting a great example since nearly everyone around her is wearing a mask. Can’t she just wear one that says Madame X? 

Aside from this, I’m very happy and impressed with how peaceful the protests are (so far) in London and here in Toronto. So much passion.