Madonna is at the Black Lives Matter protest in London

Blue Jean

Just now, Andymad said:

Well it certainly isn’t setting a great example since nearly everyone around her is wearing a mask. Can’t she just wear one that says Madame X? 

Aside from this, I’m very happy and impressed with how peaceful the protests are (so far) in London and here in Toronto. So much passion.

yes, but most arent even wearing a mask properly.  i understand your point of view, but this virus is here to stay. i am assuming she thinks she is immune now since she tested positive for the antibodies. i cant say its good or bad because we cant just continue to lock ourselves up in our homes. but we also know shes a health nut, so i trust she knows what she is doing. 

i know racism is a problem around world, but i didnt expect to see protests in UK since I thought its a country that is far more accepting of people?

In Paris you'd think the pandemic is over, it's business as usual. Thing is many scientific publications said that there are very low risks of catching the virus outside since its nature is very volatile. The higher risk is being indoors a long time with a lot of people, that's their conclusion when they studied how clusters appear. That said since we keep getting contradictory informations, i personally wear a mask and avoid people, let alone hug them :)

I’m sorry but these protests at the moment in the UK are so damn disrespectful to the government guidelines we are in the middle of a pandemic and there are 2 meter distancing guidelines this is gonna push another peak and potentially damage the nhs we all want to see family members and can’t, we weren’t able to celebrate VE Day either, I just think it’s wrong and in no way am I saying black lives don’t matter it just seems a tricky time in the UK at the moment. 

No mask, no social distancing. Not sure what to think of this. Yes, it's a march/protest for a very very important cause, but we are in the middle of a deadly pandemic that is being handled by an incompetent Tory government, with the fear of a second wave coming our way. This is not a smart thing to do... not yet anyway.

2 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

No mask, no social distancing. Not sure what to think of this. Yes, it's a march/protest for a very very important cause, but we are in the middle of a deadly pandemic that is being handled by an incompetent Tory government, with the fear of a second wave coming our way. This is not a smart thing to do... not yet anyway.

I'm afraid in the UK it'll be more than just 'the fear' of a second wave and more like anticipating when it'll happen. Judging by these protests and reports from crowds at beaches during the good weather, it's not looking good. That's not saying anything against the cause of these protests, the virus doesn't care how you feel or what colour you are - once it has the opportunity to transmit, it will. More chances to mutate, more chances to evade vaccination efforts, more chances to kill. Seems like the whole world has become indifferent.

Congrats to Madonna for doing this.

Social distancing? Well, I understand the risks of covid however now that the UK government woke up it is too late.

I don't think it is good from a medical aspect not to wear a mask but she s Madonna and showing face is important + they all went through covid so they know they can recover again probably.

Media have no right to drag Madonna when the potato head POTUS wouldnt even acknowledge the existence of COVID19 and that led to millions of infections and the UK president got sick himself and thousands of peopl , ignoring covid.

Let's have some perspective here. Don't pull yourselves into the negativity of this, when you see bad press fight it, we owe that to her and to humans fighting to get rights that shouldve been given like to the rest of us.

If they want COVID infections to stop, meaning protests to stop, provide human rights. simple as that. It is not fair on a momentum like this for the black community to have this perception .

4 minutes ago, madonnagreece said:

Congrats to Madonna for doing this.

Social distancing? Well, I understand the risks of covid however now that the UK government woke up it is too late.

I don't think it is good from a medical aspect not to wear a mask but she s Madonna and showing face is important + they all went through covid so they know they can recover again probably.

Media have no right to drag Madonna when the potato head POTUS wouldnt even acknowledge the existence of COVID19 and that led to millions of infections and the UK president got sick himself , ignoring covid.

Let's have some perspective here. Don't pull yourselves into the negativity of this, when you see bad press fight it.

history won’t be kind to these fellas anyway.

but as for madonna: no one will criticise her for advocating for what is right, but you can still be socially responsible while fighting for a good cause.

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

No but staying 2 metres apart is :(   and no more than 6 people in a group is also :(

Oh please, London gave up any pretence of social distancing weeks ago. As did the UK government actually with people in positions of power who don't adhere to the very rules they imposed. If Cummings can go for a drive to "check if his eyesight is fine", M can go and do some protesting :).

She’s not wearing a mask because she’s already tested positive for the antibodies. Fine - except scientists already assume the virus will mutate, and they don’t yet know how long immunity may last. So until a vaccine is available, no one is immune. If she gets ill, she’ll only have herself to blame. I can’t believe she would put her children’s lives at risk. She’s done a fantastic job educating and raising awareness on Instagram over the last week. Far better than most celebrities and fair-weather social justice warriors, and I commend her for that. It’s obvious she cares, she clearly has a very deep understanding of the issues, and can point towards the solutions.

However, standing in a crowd of thousands of people during a viral pandemic, in a country with the second highest death rate in the world, is so unbelievably dumb! She’s been led by anger and emotion, in a situation that requires cool heads and a rational response. She’s more intelligent than this. I truly hope she doesn’t live to regret her decision.

As for the rest of the protestors who almost certainly haven’t been tested - I say, shame on them. Deafeating Coronavirus is far more important than protesting racism right now. I make no apologise if that’s not a politically correct thing to say, because coronavirus doesn’t  care about institutionalised racism and police brutality. The whole world has been on lockdown to save everyone’s lives. People have given up their freedom. Some have lost their jobs; all for the greater good of humankind. These protesters think their anger elevates them above the law, and they’re putting all our lives at risk if the infection rate spikes again. The police won’t break up the protests because they know someone will inevitably get injured, it’ll get caught on social media, and then we’ll be right back where started!

Every Thursday at 8pm, for weeks on end, the whole country applauded the UK’s national health service, thanking all the doctors and nurses for putting their lives at risk, to save ours. Many of those health care providers have died treating, protecting and caring for others. Their sacrifice will be in vain, if these protests create further infections. Coronavirus won’t go away just because people got bored of lockdown and turned their attention to another news story.

OMG so proud of her.  She doesnt just talk the talk or just sit behind her computer.  Lets not get caught up in the mask thing. Let the media throw her under the bus for that.  She is a true inspiration to me.  Always fights for what she believes in and on crutches and all. Love just waking up and seeing this

Madonna is fighting a good fight and I'm so proud of her for doing it,also in crutches to boot. But people getting bent out of shape are not realizing how vital it is to fight for these rights. Black people have been oppressed for centuries and they're over it and I don't blame them under any circumstances. Enough is enough and I stand with them. But it is gross that people are saying anything remotely related to "all lives matter". :Madonna007: It's incredibly deflective of why these protests are happening to begin with. Black people are fed up with being killed for no reason and the police are making it worse by using force against the citizens they're supposed to protect and serve.

ALL LIVES WON'T MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER.

2 hours ago, milingo83 said:

SHE TESTED POSITIVE TO ANTICORPS, IS IMMUNE NOW, Please stop. 

Please don’t answer for her or justify her actions.

Who cares if she wears a mask or not. The point is she SHOWED UP. She is fighting for what she believes in. She’s doing the right thing.

Look at the photos and videos. I see multiple people without masks. Get over it y’all.

Spread love not hate.

I didn't know she was on crutches. I really hope she's recovering well from everything.:cry:

It's really nice that she went to a protest, and her IG posts are really nice. 

I don't wanna talk about the amount or quality of her activism during this week cos it would be really stupid and it's not an indication of anything, but for her fans to downplay the amount of real world activism, and the amount information and donations that black people and other poc have done on social media throughout the years and especially during this week, to elevate their pop queen fave as superior, is monumentally stupid and also malicious. She could never speak against racism the way people who experience racism can, don't forget that. :heart:

As America and other places descend into fascism, coronavirus is a risk worth taking to protest - to you, it may not be urgent but no lives should be lost to senseless violence from the centuries-old pandemic called white supremacy, that some of us have lived with every day of our lives.