Madonna is at the Black Lives Matter protest in London

Blue Jean

3 hours ago, Fighter said:

I didn't know she was on crutches. I really hope she's recovering well from everything.:cry:

It's really nice that she went to a protest, and her IG posts are really nice. 

I don't wanna talk about the amount or quality of her activism during this week cos it would be really stupid and it's not an indication of anything, but for her fans to downplay the amount of real world activism, and the amount information and donations that black people and other poc have done on social media throughout the years and especially during this week, to elevate their pop queen fave as superior, is monumentally stupid and also malicious. She could never speak against racism the way people who experience racism can, don't forget that. :heart:

As America and other places descend into fascism, coronavirus is a risk worth taking to protest - to you, it may not be urgent but no lives should be lost to senseless violence from the centuries-old pandemic called white supremacy, that some of us have lived with every day of our lives. 

Thank you. You said exactly what I think.

Some Madonna fans seem to think the world revolves around Madonna. They also forget that all public figures are targets of scrutiny on social media not just Madonna. So whatever heat she faced recently is a drop in the ocean compared to the issue itself. Nobody outside of her fan base and some internet trolls really care about David’s dancing or whether she wore a mask or not. There are much bigger issues being discussed here.

14 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i know racism is a problem around world, but i didnt expect to see protests in UK since I thought its a country that is far more accepting of people?

Perhaps they are more accepting but there is still a lot of racism in the uk, Europe, Australia, everywhere! Not just America. I have heard about it and witnessed it first hand countless times all around the world and I am white. 

17 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i know racism is a problem around world, but i didnt expect to see protests in UK since I thought its a country that is far more accepting of people?

Unfortunately, racism is alive and well across the UK and it also exists on an institutional level (recent example: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/21/windrush-institutional-racism-hostile-environment). Racially motivated attacks have also risen since Brexit (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48692863). 

It doesn't help that Boris Johnson, who's basically Trump with a thesaurus, has a long history of using racist language, calling Muslim women "letterboxes" etc (https://www.indy100.com/article/boris-johnson-racist-keir-starmer-pmqs-george-floyd-black-lives-matter-9546586). 

I’m actually really proud of her for doing this and literally walking the walk when it comes to her talking about equality. Even on crutches, out with the public, she didn’t have to be doing that but she did because she genuinely cares, and I really respect that.

I only wish she had a mask on. Even if she thinks she’s had it and is now immune (which there’s no proof of it working like that) I’d still rather she didn’t risk it. I just want her to be safe. London has actually been quite far ahead of the rest of the country in terms of infections and the rates have dropped really low as of a couple of weeks ago, we had a bit of a head start with it here. But even still, with all these hundreds of people gathering I’d rather she was extra cautious.

20 hours ago, milingo83 said:

SHE TESTED POSITIVE TO ANTICORPS, IS IMMUNE NOW, Please stop. 

Yes shes tested positive for antibodies, that means she may have some immunity, its not proven, its not sure how long it may give you immunity if any. She may well still be a carrier and potentially give it to others. This is why she should wear a mask for those around her. I am in the UK and this is against what the government is asking. I think shes being totally irresponsible and somewhat naive.  And people who have had covid 19 have then tested positive at a later time.

Just now, diesel6888 said:

To say she is immune is as irresponsible as her not wearing a mask. es shes tested positive for antibodies, that means she may have some immunity, its not proven, its not sure how long it may give you immunity if any. She may well still be a carrier and potentially give it to others. This is why she should wear a mask for those around her. I am in the UK and this is against what the government is asking. I think shes being totally irresponsible and somewhat naive.  And people who have had covid 19 have then tested positive at a later time. She really should listen to what the WHO are saying!

13 hours ago, Fighter said:

I didn't know she was on crutches. I really hope she's recovering well from everything.:cry:

It's really nice that she went to a protest, and her IG posts are really nice. 

I don't wanna talk about the amount or quality of her activism during this week cos it would be really stupid and it's not an indication of anything, but for her fans to downplay the amount of real world activism, and the amount information and donations that black people and other poc have done on social media throughout the years and especially during this week, to elevate their pop queen fave as superior, is monumentally stupid and also malicious. She could never speak against racism the way people who experience racism can, don't forget that. :heart:

As America and other places descend into fascism, coronavirus is a risk worth taking to protest - to you, it may not be urgent but no lives should be lost to senseless violence from the centuries-old pandemic called white supremacy, that some of us have lived with every day of our lives. 

THANK YOU. This a thousand times!

Why are so many fans obsessed with whether she’s wearing a mask or not?

I’m so sick of the corona police. It is not mandatory to wear a mask everywhere. In fact, it is not even proven that it helps prevent the virus. So just let people make their own choices, it is not up to you to decide what others can/can’t do or to police others.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m so sick of the corona police. It is not mandatory to wear a mask everywhere. In fact, it is not even proven that it helps prevent the virus. So just let people make their own choices, it is not up to you to decide what others can/can’t do or to police others.

Its is now actually in the UK when you cant socially distance. The attitude of those not caring is totally selfish. Having seen first hand what this virus does I urge everyone to protect others... just saying!

This was a boss bitch move from her. I’m really proud. We went on the protest yesterday and honestly. The social distancing thing in many cases when you are wearing a mask and gloves is no different to going to the supermarket. 

She really showed up for her kids here. How could she not go? I disagreed with the David dancing video because of the scrutiny it would put him under. He’s a child, but maybe she sat and had the conversation with him before hand and prepared him. Asked him how he would feel if this should happen. Empowered him and said she would be there to deal with the fallout. We don’t know the conversation she had with him. She’s more than what you see posted on here social media. No one could be better trained to deal with negative reactions really. 

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

i know what you mean. in her mind, she has the antibodies so she feels she is okay. i get it even though i am not particularly convince she is safe from getting it again. no one knows for sure. and how long do we go on pretending these masks are really going to stop one from getting the virus? most people arent wearing the proper mask to keep the virus from spreading. most arent even wearing it correctly, even at the protest. most places have eased restrictions and there is no law stating she has to wear one. though, she seems to be very aware of the dangers still, since all her children were wearing masks, but like most people not properly or had them off from time to time.  personally, i wouldnt feel safe around that many people without precaution but like i mentioned earlier in this thread, she is a health nut, i trust she knows what shes doing.  i agree that at this point people pointing out who is and not wearing a mask are just policing people.  at this point, it is an individual choice and anyone there worried about getting the virus, probably should not have attended the event or be conversing with other people who are not wearing masks.

17 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Because she is currently in a country that has had between 40-60,000 deaths already... with hundreds still dying every day. Marching outside in a large crowd, not observing social distancing, without any protection in this hellish pandemic is highly irresponsible, to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DeeperDeeper

M is one of the very few white U.S. celebrities who can actually hold their heads up and march as an accomplice in the BLM.