Youtube News: La Isla Bonita over 300 million views

Gilbert

the video for La Isla Bonita has reached over 300 million views. it is nearing the views of Bitch I'm Madonna. of all her music videos, i am surprised (a little) that this video has more views than some of her other classics such as Like A Prayer and Vogue.  those two videos have been on youtube just as long as La Isla Bonita. so what do you think? what is it with La Isla Bonita that the video/song is becoming more popular than some of her staple hits like the ones I mentioned? 

I mean it can be played anywhere, it's a fun summery nostalgic song you'll hear at parties and beach bars still. A song you can hear again and again unlike Like A Prayer which also requires a special mood. Vogue might make some straight guys uncomfortable. La Isla Bonita might be part of many summery YouTube playlists too. Those things should explain the views.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I love Stuart’s 2006 production for the confessions tour the best - I wish it had been released officially in an extended version unmixed 

It would be amazing if she hired him for a collection of her greatest hits reworked by him like Take That did. He really was fantastic with the song arrangements. 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:27 AM, Blue Prince said:

I mean it can be played anywhere, it's a fun summery nostalgic song you'll hear at parties and beach bars still. A song you can hear again and again unlike Like A Prayer which also requires a special mood. Vogue might make some straight guys uncomfortable. La Isla Bonita might be part of many summery YouTube playlists too. Those things should explain the views.

Exactly ! Perfectly explained. Spot on !

8 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Exactly ! Perfectly explained. Spot on !

Thank you! Also forgot to say about the title that is in Spanish and that the entire project has latin influences (obviously!). We know people from Latin America give videos billions of views these days. It's probably the most important reason hehe.