If Madonna did an Orchestral Album

louis.exe

Awful. No. I don't know Kylie's album but the idea of Madonna revisiting past songs for a studio album would only disappoint. She doesn't have the same voice and it just wouldn't carry well.

I'd rather new songs if she wanted to record with an orchestra, but in saying that, for me, songs like Messiah and Falling Free were underproduced and ultimately dull to listen to.

The orchestration added no vibrancy or elevation to her vocals. I think it just can't be Madonna with strings and wind instruments, but also piano, drums, percussion together with world instruments. Leave her back catalogue in the past and move forward with new material. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
50 minutes ago, Ian said:

If it's anything like George Michael's Symphonica, I know I'd like it (but many people found it a huge bore hahahah)

I really like the idea of her reworking her hits with an orchestra. It’d give us a chance to hear some live instrumentation after years of Kevin Antunes torture :Madonna032:

I want the orchestral version of Take a Bow. I was never fond of that track but listening to the instrumental you can hear the strings better and how gorgeous they are, incidentally Madonna said the melody they play is the first thing that came to her mind when she wrote the song. The credits mention Craig Amstrong on the record, i wonder if it's for that track or another but it sure sounds like him.