Will Madonna ever do a anniversary tour?

BlackPanther86

One of the best concerts I have ever seen in my life was when U2 toured the Joshua Tree album back in 2017 they did all the hits plus the whole Johsua Tree album live. Joshua Tree is an iconic album and hearing all live was one of the best experiences ever. It got me wondering though, i'd love to see Madonna do something like that for one of her big albums like Like a Prayer or Ray of Light or something. When people go to gigs, apart from die-hard fans, most people want to hear the hits. I think if Madonna did this it would be a huge success she's not exactly short on hits, she could do a Best Of set and still have hits left over. I don't think she ever will do something like that but it'll be cool if she did i think tickets would sell like hot-cakes.

Edited by BlackPanther86 (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I doubt she ever will. As much as I would love something like an anniversary tour, it is very anti-Madonna. Apart from a few throwback moments on Instagram, she doesn’t seem to like looking back. I was watching a clip of her from last year where she had to look through some box full of old memories in an interview and she was so quick to move on from it. We blame her management for a lot of things but honestly I think a big contribution to having no reissues or anniversary editions is her not caring enough for it. Guy Oseary did say a few years ago that he hopes she will do a tour for Ray of Light one day, and I would love it so much, but I can’t see it.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Greatest Hits. Anniversary. Classics. If she keeps doing performances I think the time will come where she will relish in reliving those songs. I mean she does some in each tour.  Not like she hasn't gone back on her word before.

If she were to do it, I could see it being her final tour. A comprehensive career retrospective. The potential box office score may appeal to her at some point. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, ScottyX said:

Maybe she will pull a Cher and do 100 final tours lol

After the Madame X Tour, that thought terrifies me.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/11/2020 at 12:04 AM, Voguerista said:

This would be so cool. My vote (and I'd pass out if she did it. Heaven :lord:) is for Ray Of Light m. I'd love to see her in a Geisha costume and look again too. 

I can’t see her doing geisha visuals nowadays but I would love to see more of the goth visuals from her. If I were to pick one album for an anniversary tour, it would definitely be Ray of Light. She could do so much with that album with technology today and with the acclaim it received it seems like the best choice. 

if Guy Oseary had his way, she would be touring her albums. i believe he mentioned he tried to talk Madonna into touring the Ray of Light album. she seems to be resistant to doing nostalgia. but i believe there will come a time she will be doing at least a Greatest Hits tour in the near future. i would be curious how she would treat the songs if she waits too long as her voice might not be as strong for some songs. imagine her trying to belt out Ray of Light at 80 years old. lol!

Well, she seems to be, or her team seems to be acknowledging anniversaries now - the recent being Human Nature - but she does love that song.  So I guess who knows! But I don't think she'll do non hits from albums, like Survival from BS or Jimmy Jimmy lol.

We got True Blue, Who's that girl (albeit only performed a few times), Dress You Up, Lucky Star, Into The Groove, Secret (select), Take A Bow (select), LDLHA (part), Holiday lol, Candy Shop :P, Music, Frozen (select), Drowned World (select), Deeper and Deeper, Fever (part of and only select), Like a Prayer, Crazy For You (select).

So I think there was a pretty good representation of past hits on that tour. 

I would love if she did a more broader TOC kinda of tour - I was there for the Melbourne one, and it was great! Just her and her guitar for most of it - loved it!

I think she will do something to that effect. Maybe not all the obvious hits but a kind of career celebratory/career highlights type thing. Maybe the idea doesn't truly excite her but she did Re-invention before and Rebel Heart also had a lot of the old songs. Plus there was Tears of a Clown where she performed some old album tracks. She will want to make some money back that she lost on the Madame X Tour and also I think her ego couldn't stand seeing ticket sales dwindling as they have been. So never say never with Madonna.

well if we consider the usual 2-3 years gap between the tours a possible anniversary-tour can happen in 2022 or 2023. (we didnt really thought MX was the last tour :cute:)

Depends on since when it counts for M. Since Everybody came out in 82 and the album in 83...but a "40-years of Madonna-tour" would be cool. I can imagine a mix of both venues, Soccerstadiums with capacity of 50 000 and veeeery small venues.

Edited by dude78 (see edit history)

I get the whole don’t like looking back mantra that she has - I mean who likes looking back at old home movies and pics of ourselves in our prime ? It’s actually quite depressing ? but she knows that most fans now are the ones that have followed her since the early days and we get very nostalgic about her early and loved eras especially blond ambition and for me - the true blue who’s that girl era - I don’t see this kind of tour ever happening and due to the disaster of the last tour and her body is telling her to slow down , I just don’t see her ever touring again to be honest ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, dude78 said:

well if we consider the usual 2-3 years gap between the tours a possible anniversary-tour can happen in 2022 or 2023. (we didnt really thought MX was the last tour :cute:)

Depends on since when it counts for M. Since Everybody came out in 82 and the album in 83...but a "40-years of Madonna-tour" would be cool. I can imagine a mix of both venues, Soccerstadiums with capacity of 50 000 and veeeery small venues.

It would be pretty great to be honest. And it doesn’t even have to be the standard 80+ dates she usually does. It could just be forty stadiums around the world to celebrate her fortieth anniversary.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I just don’t see her ever touring again to be honest ?

I can see her touring again but probably not for a long time now, and hopefully it won’t consist of as many dates. Touring is what brings the money in, so unless she can get her team to promote her better and boost her sales, she’ll probably tour again in the future. Also, knowing Madonna, I can’t see her bowing out on a tour where the press can make it look as if her hip is gone and she’s too old and all that nonsense. 

If she can get back in shape and get her injuries fixed etc, I think she will tour again being she loves it so much and she's got something to prove after MX. If she's wise, she will do it in a couple of years(less dates and in arenas) as time is not her friend anymore as she found out.  And what I'd give if she did a Benefit show of some kind in between. 

This depends on her masters falling back to her. You can expect to see whatever anniversary re-release is happening will be folded into the tour of her current album. 

So the next album is due 2023 if the four year cycle is adhered to (I wish it wasn't). By which time we'll be at the 40th anniversary of MADONNA. 

Along with a vast chunk of her new album expect to see

• Holiday 
  • Lucky Star 
  • Burning Up 
  • Physical Attraction  
  • Borderline 
  • Everybody

on the setlist for her next album tour. I can imagine her revisiting Think of Me or I Know It though they might have a little interpolation in other songs. Who knows she may even revisit that era and perform a lost song we know nothing about. She definitely seems more inclined to look back but she'll defo want it to be in a creative way. We may even see an entire section of the show just dedicated to that album. (hopefully not a dreadful mariachi medley ala RHT).

Timeline:

NOV 2022: MADONNA 40th Anniversary edition:

"40th anniversary edition in anticipation of the anniversary tour next year" 

Includes original album plus a reimagining of 5 of the songs

JUNE 2023: FIFTEENth studio album is released 

SEPT 2023: FIFTEEN tour commences 

Setlist: 12 x FIFTEEN tracks - 6 x MADONNA tracks - 4 LIKE A VIRGIN tracks  + Into The Groove / Crazy For You / Gambler

(no doubt some of these will be medleyfied but imagine how much fun a complete throwback section of the tour would be)

No other songs from her career unless theyre interpolated. 

MARCH 2024: Tour Ends

JULY 2024: FIFTEEN tour Netflix premier and live album released.

Nov 2024: LIKE A VIRGIN 40th Anniversary Edition released

"40th Anniversary including 5 brand new versions as performed on the FIFTEENTH Tour"

including reimagining of 5 of the songs +

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Warning Signs

Desperately Seeking Susan and maybe even a couple of songs we don't even know about. 

Nov 2025: The Virgin Tour 40th Anniversary Blu Ray and Netflix special featuring the Full restored concert and a mini doc featuring backstage footage and rehearsal footage from Madonnas personal archives. Interviews with collaborators from the time. 

I'm really not too fussed about having the remixes on the album Special Editions. Save it for a remix collection or a boxset of the album. I'd rather have new content and to be honest this is the only way I can see Madonna wanting to realign herself with her old material. It has to have a new spin and the central focus of both re-release campaign will be to support her most current album.

I think the above would be great and keep us well fed as a fans whilst still making sure Madonna is making coin and presenting her new project up front and centre but gaining leverage / sales and image boost from the nostalgia.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, steady75 said:

This depends on her masters falling back to her. You can expect to see whatever anniversary re-release is happening will be folded into the tour of her current album. 

So the next album is due 2023 if the four year cycle is adhered to (I wish it wasn't). By which time we'll be at the 40th anniversary of MADONNA. 

Along with a vast chunk of her new album expect to see

• Holiday 
  • Lucky Star 
  • Burning Up 
  • Physical Attraction  
  • Borderline 
  • Everybody

on the setlist for her next album tour. I can imagine her revisiting Think of Me or I Know It though they might have a little interpolation in other songs. Who knows she may even revisit that era and perform a lost song we know nothing about. She definitely seems more inclined to look back but she'll defo want it to be in a creative way. We may even see an entire section of the show just dedicated to that album. (hopefully not a dreadful mariachi medley ala RHT).

Timeline:

NOV 2022: MADONNA 40th Anniversary edition:

"40th anniversary edition in anticipation of the anniversary tour next year" 

Includes original album plus a reimagining of 5 of the songs

JUNE 2023: FIFTEENth studio album is released 

SEPT 2023: FIFTEEN tour commences 

Setlist: 12 x FIFTEEN tracks - 6 x MADONNA tracks - 4 LIKE A VIRGIN tracks  + Into The Groove / Crazy For You / Gambler

(no doubt some of these will be medleyfied but imagine how much fun a complete throwback section of the tour would be)

No other songs from her career unless theyre interpolated. 

MARCH 2024: Tour Ends

JULY 2024: FIFTEEN tour Netflix premier and live album released.

Nov 2024: LIKE A VIRGIN 40th Anniversary Edition released

"40th Anniversary including 5 brand new versions as performed on the FIFTEENTH Tour"

including reimagining of 5 of the songs +

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Warning Signs

Desperately Seeking Susan and maybe even a couple of songs we don't even know about. 

Nov 2025: The Virgin Tour 40th Anniversary Blue Ray and Netflix special featuring the Full restored concert and a mini doc featuring backstage footage and rehearsal footage from Madonnas personal archives. Interviews with collaborators from the time. 

I'm really not too fussed about having the remixes on the album Special Editions save it for a remix collection or a boxset of the album. I'd rather have new content and to be honest this is the only way I can see Madonna wanting to realign herself with her old material. It has to have a new spin and the central focus of both re-release campaign will be to support her most current album.

I think the above would be great and keep us well fed as a fans whilst still making sure Madonna is making coin and presenting her new project up front and centre but gaining leverage / sales and image boost from the nostalgia.

Sounds great! This would be a great way to capitalise on the fortieth anniversary of her debut album. I would say though, if there were to be another album and tour campaign, I think it would be best if she limited it to arenas in key cities like she did with the Drowned World Tour.

It’d be interesting if the theme for her fifteenth studio album is reinterpreting and reimagining 1980s synth-pop and to sort of tie in with the fortieth anniversary.

I'd be cool if she did one for Like a Prayer or Erotica, just because there's a bunch of songs from those records she's never done live, and I think they would be great to hear (Dear Jessie, Til Death Do Us Part, Waiting, Words), but if she did it, I think it would be understood that the arrangements would just be the album versions, and my favorite thing about her shows is the way that she changes around so many of the songs.  I don't really like the album version of Like A Virgin, but the Blonde Ambition and Confessions Tour versions are amazing.  Her concert arrangements breathe new life into so many older songs, and while I would love to hear some deep cuts, if I wanted to hear an album, I would just listen to it.  I like the IDEA of anniversary tours, but in reality, I would rather hear a setlist that's more mixed up.

I think it would be cool, but knowing M, she seems to always be in the now and wanting to support the music she is making currently. She always says her favourite music of hers is what she's doing right now. I don't know if I can see her going back and supporting a 20+ year old album, as awesome as that would be.

19 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

I'd be cool if she did one for Like a Prayer or Erotica, just because there's a bunch of songs from those records she's never done live, and I think they would be great to hear (Dear Jessie, Til Death Do Us Part, Waiting, Words), but if she did it, I think it would be understood that the arrangements would just be the album versions, and my favorite thing about her shows is the way that she changes around so many of the songs.  I don't really like the album version of Like A Virgin, but the Blonde Ambition and Confessions Tour versions are amazing.  Her concert arrangements breathe new life into so many older songs, and while I would love to hear some deep cuts, if I wanted to hear an album, I would just listen to it.  I like the IDEA of anniversary tours, but in reality, I would rather hear a setlist that's more mixed up.

I'd love if she did one for Erotica considering she gets so much slack for her age now and if she did Erotica in full it would be a massive F.U to people saying cause she's getting older it doesn't mean she still can't be sexy.

Edited by BlackPanther86 (see edit history)

She already did her Greatest Hits Tour. That was the Reinvention Tour. It's a shame she never released an official concert dvd, although the show edit that can be found is really good. If she were box all her concerts together, I hope she re-edits The Virgin Tour, The Girlie Show and uses film footage for The Blond Ambition tour once the film reels aee located.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/12/2020 at 5:24 AM, Supastar69 said:

She already did her Greatest Hits Tour. That was the Reinvention Tour.

:Madonna041: