Wannabe's!

• 6 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, gonna dress u up said:

80s madonna is definitely my favourite, specially the 82-85, her style, her music her hair! during that years <3 i wish she had had that look during 86-89

THIS! I love True Blue and Like a Prayer as albums, but I never cared much for her True Blue/WTG-era short hair look. I wish she kept her LAV look for a little longer. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:16 PM, Ian said:

A lot of her straight female followers are extremely loyal to her it seems, and I'd say most of her male straight fans are closeted M fans , they love her and her music but they'd prefer to be quiet about it and -their love of M- not be widely known specially to their other straight friends :lol:

Straight...and not closeted about my love for M at all. Most of my other musical tastes are more towards the indie rock spectrum, but nevery tried to hide my Madge obsession. Been a fan since 1983 at the start, and no plans to change. But true what you say, back in the early days.....everyone was into her. 

Edited by Garry Howieson (see edit history)

On 6/13/2020 at 1:53 AM, cake said:

Gotta love the 80s. The fanbase was very white I must say.

Maybe the wannabes were, but she had a big Black audience, she was one of the few white artists to have hits on the R,&,B singles and albums chart and she always had a huge Hispanic fanbase.  Like a Virgin was a top 10 hit on the Billboard R&B singles charts for instance

On 6/15/2020 at 2:11 PM, into the erotico said:

i think that pop stars in their first phase, have a lot of female, male, straight fans. As the years pass, because popstars are not 'forever' they move on or change musical tastes. That is way Madonna is only for gay male pop lovers, i think. I had.have the same question as you do. I am still searching. 

Then how come every time I see Madonna in concert, every tour, I see mostly all women with their husband's or boyfriends in attendance

Odd?

23 hours ago, Garry Howieson said:

Straight...and not closeted about my love for M at all. Most of my other musical tastes are more towards the indie rock spectrum, but nevery tried to hide my Madge obsession. Been a fan since 1983 at the start, and no plans to change. But true what you say, back in the early days.....everyone was into her. 

me too!