Why I love MadameX

love reading your thoughts. i share a lot of your thoughts on the album. i wont say it is my favorite album from her, but i even get some enjoyment out of the songs I least like. the more i listen to the album, the more i like it.  i will admit upon first listening i wasnt too impressed with the over used vocal effects. for some songs like Future, it works, but other times its not necessary. its like that one word you hear in Ghosttown where you hear the obvious autotune. I am like "why"? it sticks out like a sore thumb and its one of my favorite songs from her ever.

what is cool about Madonna is that she doesnt ever do the same album twice. she keeps moving on and evolving. sure she goes back to certain themes and genres, but it still is a step up from before. i know some will disagree but i try to look for what i enjoy from her than what i dont. thats how i am about life. too much shit brings us down as it is, so why look for it in an artist we enjoy?

With more sophisticated melodies and hooks this album would be one of her best. There’s just something missing. I don’t know if it’s her voice that doesn’t bring the chorus home anymore or whether it’s a considered effort to lean away from hooks and singalong choruses. 
the project is so ambitious and beautifully delivered. We really were spoiled. 
She posted the God Control video today In honour of Pride and the Pulse nightclub shootings. I wonder if she has been holding back the remixes for pride month? 

I'm sure Madonna today is proud she created Madame X. Before everything else, her job is music and her expression through it. So so many things happening this year serve as real life videos to what she is saying on this record. And it wasn't even prophetic. It's about things that have been going on and are still going on and now people are realising a little better. And it's good to be an artist on Twitter and criticize abuse of power and all the shit that's going wrong in the world, it's good to be an artist out on the streets protesting. But all of it can be done by all of us. It requires some different kind of courage to dedicate an important piece of your work to conveying important messages.  Especially from artists not directly affected. Records after all stay there in time, waiting for us to discover them. I spent last year vibing and dancing to Madame X and I am spending this year finding consolation there. I hope people who need it more than I can find it on Madame X as well. People who had rejected it when life was easier.

Thanks so much. I loved reading your thoughts. It's not my favorite album but, I love that it's so full of deepness and depth theatrically, lyrically and musically....and for great causes. I don't always agree with Madonna politically, but, I respect her none the same, her compassion, and how she can put her all into everything she does.  I especially loved the videos which were all so well produced. (And I loved all of her wigs during this era too. ?)