Sign in to follow this  
Curtains

Madame X - Anniversary Megarate [RESULTS SHOW - STARTING NOW!!]

12 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

That's honestly disrespectful and unfair to the intent of the rate since with few exceptions, most of the songs ARE below 5, especially when you stack the comparisons against the rest of M's discography.  It was fun, but I won't be participating in the future with this kind of censorship in place to prop up an album that is one of M's worst.  What's the point, if we're just going to arbitrarily say that all her songs in her entire discography are 7/10 at worst, which is totally false.

There's so much music in the world... you're REALLY going to say you've never heard a better song than #18 (arbitrary, because this #18 was misplaced IMO also). :lol:

Actually Funana is the worst song on the album IMO.  But why be angry or not whether others agree with you?  Your opinion is your opinion. 

I see nothing wrong with removing outliers that would drastically drag down the averages.

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

I see nothing wrong with removing outliers that would drastically drag down the averages.

Should have removed all those 11 outliers too, but as this wasn't stated in the rules and a long-time member who has contributed a lot to the forum was deliberately and selectively excluded, I find participating in this kind of thing meaningless in reflecting what the community here really thinks and a waste of my time.  I'm more interested in the opinion of someone with thousands of reputation/contribution to the forum than mostly lurkers, but to each their own.

5 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Should have removed all those 11 outliers too, but as this wasn't stated in the rules and a long-time member who has contributed a lot to the forum was deliberately and selectively excluded, I find participating in this kind of thing meaningless in reflecting what the community here really thinks and a waste of my time.  I'm more interested in the opinion of someone with thousands of reputation/contribution to the forum than mostly lurkers, but to each their own.

I highly doubt this member was “selectively” excluded. I’m sure @Curtains saw that no one was giving rates anywhere as low as this person’s rates. And these rates were drastically dragging down scores. Data doesn’t have feelings nor does it lie. Those rates were obviously outliers or an influential point 

I agree with @stfan97. We need to accept those who give bad marks as those who give all 9s and 10s. Please @Curtainsconsider the votes left out, although they won't probably change the chart.

In another forum sometimes people give bad marks to successful song to make them go down and to make their favourite win. As if I gave 0 to God Control and 11 to Crazy, for instance. But I don't think this was the case: @PWCCA has always made clear his dislike of the album.

Also we haven't agreed on a specific meaning of these marks, so they are given on a personal scale. To me, for instance, 11 means great melody, interesting lyrics, great vocals, impact, so not a single song deserved it.

Also, it's interesting to see that almost every song got a 0 and a 11.

In Italy we say "The world is beautiful because it is varied".

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

Your vote wasn't counted as more than half of your scores were below 5.

Thats rather unfair. So if someone doesn't rate a song/album high then their votes are automatically discounted? What is the point of all this if all you are hoping to see is people showering praise. How on earth are you gonna get any kind of reliable rating of the album if you are going to purposely disregard the ratings that you don't like? 

13 hours ago, TheRoad said:

I agree, that’s a bit disrespectful too. Won’t be participating anymore, no need to tag me for future ones.

It's the opposite for me. I had a blast and I have no doubt @Curtainswill make some adjustments next time. I'm really thankful and look forward to doing more of these in the future. Thank you @Curtains especially for all the time and work put into it all. I love your cover photos too.

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

It's the opposite for me. I had a blast and I have no doubt @Curtainswill make some adjustments next time. I'm really thankful and look forward to doing more of these in the future. Thank you @Curtains especially for all the time and work put into it all. I love your cover photos too.

so its fair to eliminate someone who participated even though they rated her songs below 5? I agree with @PWCCAand @TheRoad...seems disrespectful. What is the point to doing this other than making this seem more of a favorable album than it was by eliminating scores that were low? it was not fair and will probably keep other people from participating in the future especially when they may have an album they might not favor as well.  think about it if you were in his shoes? think of an album you might not score very well, but your scores are tossed aside because the person who put this together dismissed your scores. :thumbsdown:

54 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

so its fair to eliminate someone who participated even though they rated her songs below 5? I agree with @PWCCAand @TheRoad...seems disrespectful. What is the point to doing this other than making this seem more of a favorable album than it was by eliminating scores that were low? it was not fair and will probably keep other people from participating in the future especially when they may have an album they might not favor as well.  think about it if you were in his shoes? think of an album you might not score very well, but your scores are tossed aside because the person who put this together dismissed your scores. :thumbsdown:

No I never ever said that(where did I write that?). I'm saying that I have faith in @Curtains (who doesn't seem like a bad person and I can forgive him as he only wanted to have fun with something different) will make the adjustments and work the kinks out next time for this event ...which will make it more fair and even better. To rack him over the coals and not give him another chance with this in the future seems too much but to each their own.  And that's all I'm going to say on it. 

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

No I never ever said that(where did I write that?). I'm saying that I have faith in @Curtains (who doesn't seem like a bad person and I can forgive him as he only wanted to have fun with something different) will make the adjustments and work the kinks out next time for this event ...which will make it more fair and even better. To rack him over the coals and not give him another chance with this in the future seems too much but to each their own.  And that's all I'm going to say on it. 

I think your post can be misinterpreted when you say "it's the opposite for me" lol. It almost sounds like you disagree with me saying it's disrespectful (even if it wasn't intended to be).

And listen, this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it's a bit messed up to do that to one (?) person as if the time they spent doing this wasn't worth anything. Maybe eliminate one lowest & highest score per song, but don't just dismiss all the scores one specific person submitted.

The "outlier" reasoning doesn't quite work for me imo, because even if all his scores were below 5, so were some of mine (the lowest was a 3 for BTUTTB and Bitch I'm Loca), which means his numbers can't be THAT far off from others' in order for all his scores to be classified outliers. I'm leaning more toward this being just a lapse in judgment, but still doesn't really make me want to participate again, especially because it can happen to me (specifically with MDNA :Madonna009: ).

27 minutes ago, TheRoad said:

I think your post can be misinterpreted when you say "it's the opposite for me" lol. It almost sounds like you disagree with me saying it's disrespectful (even if it wasn't intended to be).

And listen, this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it's a bit messed up to do that to one (?) person as if the time they spent doing this wasn't worth anything. Maybe eliminate one lowest & highest score per song, but don't just dismiss all the scores one specific person submitted.

The "outlier" reasoning doesn't quite work for me imo, because even if all his scores were below 5, so were some of mine (the lowest was a 3 for BTUTTB and Bitch I'm Loca), which means his numbers can't be THAT far off from others' in order for all his scores to be classified outliers. I'm leaning more toward this being just a lapse in judgment, but still doesn't really make me want to participate again, especially because it can happen to me (specifically with MDNA :Madonna009: ).

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect or anything. 😓I just didn't want Curtains to feel bad and stop doing it altogether. 

WoW @Curtains! Love this!!! So sad Crazy was 3 because it's my favourite one and Medellin... I don't know but is one the the best "1st single of an album" since 2012. I don't understand how I don't search is on #2...

But this is the game!

Thank you for doing it!