Re-Invention Tour backdrop videos on eBay

IndyMLVC

3 hours ago, anton5000 said:

This is so expensive for VHS tape copies... Yes it is still rare to have all the backdrops in full, but these aren't even master digital files (which is what the backdrop screen feeds use), just VHS copies (probably for review and backup)... I can't imagine the backdrop operator changing the tapes live in every concert, watching Bedtime Story and suddenly the video gets stuck XDDD.

Also, why fans have to be so rude and bitchy? "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING ME FOR A COPY OR TRADE. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.This is a very rare and valuable set and I will not depreciate it."

he can keep it then lol.

Betacam tapes were still heavily used in the 2000's till March 2016 so these are actual files they used for the tours. Somebody did mention here why these are not Digital Betacam tapes (which were significantly cheaper and better in performance), i can only imagine at that time with the tour's visual representation was ahead of its time, behind it all was an analog setup.  The digital copies that Veneno inc provided we're not even in HD due to file sizing and digital storage in the early 2000's were very limited, they have to bring super computers with them to support that. hence the use of broadcasting tapes. if i'm not mistaken, this was the same for the confessions tour.

The price however, i cannot justify. it's ridiculously pricey.

10 minutes ago, deathproof said:

So then how does he know the contents of the tapes??

Sellers response was this :

"IF you are absolutely serious in obtaining the very rare set, I can bring a tape to a sound and video engineer to have some screen shots taken for you."

I doubt the seller has serious buyers for this until some legit samples are provided. They obviously just slapped the price in without any judgement.

3 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

Sellers response was this :

"IF you are absolutely serious in obtaining the very rare set, I can bring a tape to a sound and video engineer to have some screen shots taken for you."

I doubt the seller has serious buyers for this until some legit samples are provided. They obviously just slapped the price in without any judgement.

It's funny because he puts the onus on the buyer to suggest something like that.  It should be his responsibility to do that in the first place.  TBH, one could say that he misrepresented the contents with the screenshots that he put up.  That's not what you're getting.

Even if legit samples are ever provided, I doubt they will get someone at remotely that price.  I'd say that 2k might be the top for him - maybe 3 if he gave it to an auction house.