Should we expect a Madonna video project?

Blue Prince

So in 2013 Madonna did her #secretprojectrevolution thing after MDNA and a couple years after Rebel Heart she did Her-Story. Technically Hard Candy and the tour were followed by Get Stupid and COADF was followed by Hey You. So a year after Madame X should we expect any video project with a message or (not likely) any charity single? Or was the album and its abundance of deep music videos enough for her to say what she had to say? I'm asking because there seems to be a pattern, especially with the last two albums. But I suppose nothing will come before Madame X Tour is released on DVD etc.

Who knows. I hope she’s thinking right now Madame X, while full of stunning looks and incredible videos... I hope if she plans on continuing Madame X, she explores more of the personas. And have that “I have something to say” attitude. I know she has it. Whether or not she decides to bring it more to fruition... that’s up to her. Because unfortunately, Madame X just sort of fell flat. Once the tour happened it didn’t really seem well thought out.

Listen, this is my LEAST fav era. I didn’t enjoy the album, I didn’t connect to the songs. It didn’t make me more of a Madonna fan. That being said, I highly respect her vision and really hope she gives more video wise. I want her to explore more of Madame X. EVERY persona. Say what you have to say through video. We know she’s capable of it because every video from the MX era was brilliant. 

I don’t doubt that if she decided to do another video project, that it would t be stunning. She’s brilliant. A little fucking nuts but, brilliant. I pray she expresses that in the future.

nothing is impossible with Madonna, but i dont believe there is any real pattern to what she does. she just does it and if it falls within a coincidental pattern is just because it does.

i think she loves to stay active and within what is currently happening. her next project which could be a film first or maybe her next musical project will most likely be influenced by what is happening today. even if she decides just releasing another great dance record to get peoples minds off of the seriousness of everything lately.

Madame X may not be my most favorite from her but i appreciate it and enjoyed the output. i dont believe she was trying to explore all these characters. i think she just wanted to present Madame X and see where it went. i guess it could have went deeper with each video but she obviously wasnt really interested in diving into that direction.

whatever she does she next will not win with the public neither some of her fans.  i just appreciate she just does what she wants and doesnt really  follow any particular formula. it is what makes Madonna, Madonna!

Such great thoughts, Guys. I love the idea of her doing a video project. With her great interest in BLM, I wouldn't be surprised if she did something for them to help and especially with the presidential election coming. But, what I'd really love to see her do is something to unify, to lift spirits, and to heal and calm people. This past year has just been too much. 

Uhm I don't think there's is a pattern... I think it was just a coincidence she decided to do those two film projects right after the last two eras were over.
But who knows. She is very commited to the Black Lives Matter movement, so maybe this inspires her to do something. But don't forget we are in the middle of a pandemic, so a film project right now it seems very impossible... A lot of people is required to something like that. So I don't think anything new is coming (except the Madame X Tour dvd of course).

19 hours ago, Andymad said:

Who knows. I hope she’s thinking right now Madame X, while full of stunning looks and incredible videos... I hope if she plans on continuing Madame X, she explores more of the personas. And have that “I have something to say” attitude. I know she has it. Whether or not she decides to bring it more to fruition... that’s up to her. Because unfortunately, Madame X just sort of fell flat. Once the tour happened it didn’t really seem well thought out.

Listen, this is my LEAST fav era. I didn’t enjoy the album, I didn’t connect to the songs. It didn’t make me more of a Madonna fan. That being said, I highly respect her vision and really hope she gives more video wise. I want her to explore more of Madame X. EVERY persona. Say what you have to say through video. We know she’s capable of it because every video from the MX era was brilliant. 

I don’t doubt that if she decided to do another video project, that it would t be stunning. She’s brilliant. A little fucking nuts but, brilliant. I pray she expresses that in the future.

when the tour started and people compalined about theatre she said: this is just the begining... Maybe covid cut off her plans...

About expecting...dont you expect anything from her. The disapointment might be huge,,,

3 hours ago, emanon said:

when the tour started and people compalined about theatre she said: this is just the begining... Maybe covid cut off her plans...

Or did she just mean they were adding lots more shows? I seem to think she said that very early when a handful of shows had only just gone on sale didn’t she? But I can’t remember for sure.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Or did she just mean they were adding lots more shows? I seem to think she said that very early when a handful of shows had only just gone on sale didn’t she? But I can’t remember for sure.

I think she said that as a response to the people complaining about the tour being in only theatres because I vaguely recall her saying something else in the same post relating to it. 

There seemed to be a lot of speculation on other forums about her following the theatre tour with a Greatest Hits Tour but I never really believed that to be honest. 

6 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think she said that as a response to the people complaining about the tour being in only theatres because I vaguely recall her saying something else in the same post relating to it. 

There seemed to be a lot of speculation on other forums about her following the theatre tour with a Greatest Hits Tour but I never really believed that to be honest. 

I personally believe it. And I also believe it’s still on the cards. Not necessarily a greatest hits but an arena tour geared toward the GP to make back the money she lost on the theatre tour. Obviously her injuries and corona would have slowed any tentative plans down. But once she’s recovered and there’s no lockdowns what else is she going to do? The only other thing would be a film but so far we’ve seen no evidence that any of her film projects have been given a green light. I just don’t think the films are happening.

The only thing that may stop her doing another tour would be if she never recovers from her injuries. But how likely is that really? Prince had a hip replacement and still went back out on tour. She lives for performing, it’s who she is.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I personally believe it. And I also believe it’s still on the cards. Not necessarily a greatest hits but an arena tour geared toward the GP to make back the money she lost on the theatre tour. Obviously her injuries and corona would have slowed any tentative plans down. But once she’s recovered and there’s no lockdowns what else is she going to do? The only other thing would be a film but so far we’ve seen no evidence that any of her film projects have been given a green light. I just don’t think the films are happening.

The only thing that may stop her doing another tour would be if she never recovers from her injuries. But how likely is that really? Prince had a hip replacement and still went back out on tour. She lives for performing, it’s who she is.

I hope you’re right, and I can’t see the Madame X Tour being her last tour either. I think those rumours of a greatest hits tour began with the speculation that it would coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of The Immaculate Collection. I’ve said it before but I’d love a tour to celebrate her fortieth anniversary in two years time, if she’s up for it. 

17 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

thats what i believe. i think fans tend to jump to wild conclusions or assume more than she means. i also thought she meant more shows added at the time and maybe a few changes in the show.  the funny thing there were changes by the time she hit Europe, she removed several songs. lol!