Billy Steinberg about Like A Virgin

Ayham

Have you seen how she treats fans waiting for her outiside the show's venue? That's not different at all, especially because she probably hates that song LOL. Madonna is not a polite person and never was one to kiss somebody's ass  and above all we're talking 1990 :Madonna052::Madonna051::fingerclick:

i am not sure what he said in that post as i dont see anything "shocking" with her attitude? but i always felt she really isnt into the songs she didnt write or have a hand in writing. Like A Virgin and some of her older songs used to annoy her when people insisted she perform them. i believe she feels she has written much better and produced better since then. though i think lately she appreciates those old hits much more than she used to.

They both have told the same story like a thousand times. It's like they were waiting for a big thank you from her and/or Warner and they feel they "made" Madonna, but they got (and still get) thousand of dollars from royalties, so I don't understand why they're always so mad about it.

It was business, that's all, they didn't have a personal relationship like she had with other collaborators. The meeting story is rude, yes, but it's like they were expecting her to be super thankful when it was a win-win situation for both parts. He tried to be smart and throw shade with his comment and she outsmarted him back.

10 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i am not sure what he said in that post as i dont see anything "shocking" with her attitude? but i always felt she really isnt into the songs she didnt write or have a hand in writing. Like A Virgin and some of her older songs used to annoy her when people insisted she perform them. i believe she feels she has written much better and produced better since then. though i think lately she appreciates those old hits much more than she used to.

Yet this song was the highlight of her most recent tours like MDNA & Rebel Heart tours. & back in that time it wasn’t that old... ?

5 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Yet this song was the highlight of her most recent tours like MDNA & Rebel Heart tours. & back in that time it wasn’t that old... ?

huh? 2012 and 2015 was not long ago. the song was classic then and still is. it was an old song then and it is now.

7 hours ago, Gilbert said:

huh? 2012 and 2015 was not long ago. the song was classic then and still is. it was an old song then and it is now.

I was referring to her attitude back then... lol she hated it since the beginning lol?!?! + lyrically they did amazing job. ??

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

I was referring to her attitude back then... lol you hated it since the beginning lol?!?! + lyrically they did amazing job. ??

i hated nothing back then? not sure what you are talking about?

you may need to brush up on Madonna more. she never was known to be a prissy little flower who was nice. her early years she was very ruthless. she didnt get where she is today by being a nice girl. she doesnt impress easily.

She is such a rude c***

Was it hard to say "I wanted to meet you too" and say something funny like "I hate you cause I'll have to sing that damn song forever". That said, they tell the story in a very captivating way, because they can laugh about it. But once again we hear another story confirming how rude she is with people.

That is why I understand @wtg1987when he criticizes her many BLM posts. She should take a look at herself and start being kinder with the people she works with, with her audiences, with her fans.

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i hated nothing back then? not sure what you are talking about?

you may need to brush up on Madonna more. she never was known to be a prissy little flower who was nice. her early years she was very ruthless. she didnt get where she is today by being a nice girl. she doesnt impress easily.

???? my mistake, I meant “she” not you! Fixed! ?

On 6/22/2020 at 6:23 AM, Enrico said:

She is such a rude c***

Was it hard to say "I wanted to meet you too" and say something funny like "I hate you cause I'll have to sing that damn song forever". That said, they tell the story in a very captivating way, because they can laugh about it. But once again we hear another story confirming how rude she is with people.

That is why I understand @wtg1987when he criticizes her many BLM posts. She should take a look at herself and start being kinder with the people she works with, with her audiences, with her fans.

First of all, this was 30 years ago, if Steinberg can get over it so can you. There are just as many stories about her being nice and genuine. Regardless of all of that, what does BLM have to do with anything? How can anyone criticise her for trying to bring awareness to this issue is beyond me. Dancing David video aside, she's actually been extremely good and thorough and going way beyond the usual celebrity posts about this matter. What have you done to try and make the world a better place lately? Some people should look at themselves first indeed.