RUMOR: Madonna to be featured in Dua Lipa's next single "Levitating"

Okay here's some thoughts. Dua of course has a deep voice, so yeah Madonna should try and match hers. That means that vocals like Faz Gostoso that blend perfectly with Anitta's wouldn't work here. But maybe some GMAYL/Hung Up sweetness would make a good contrast. 

If she adds some of her own lyrics I would love some nod to the Confessions album. With a song like Levitating she can throw in a lyric of How High for example but any other song would be great. And if there is a video she should try a revamped version of an older look of hers, from Confessions or from the 90's, so she can star in it as the Muse, the inspiration.

This year has been a great year for female duos topping Billboard. An element of surprise along with a big emphasis on nostalgia could probably give their song a trajectory close to that of Rain On Me or Say So.

The only thing Madonna would need to do on Levitating is do her sexy talk voice. No singing needed. 

Smash.

If you read the lyrics they're very...Lucky Star maybe they'll just use a lil vocal throwback..Might be some nice promo for the Debut re-release when she gets her masters back this year. 

If you wanna run away with me, I know a galaxy
And I could take you for a ride
I had a premonition that we fell into a rhythm
Where the music don't stop for life
Glitter in the sky, glitter in my eye
Shining just the way I like
If you feeling like you need a little bit of company
You met me at the perfect time

You want me, I want you, baby
My sugar boo, I'm levitating
The milky way, we're renegading
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I got you, moonlight
You're my starlight
I need you all night
Come on, dance with me
I'm levitating
You, moonlight
You're my starlight
I need you all night
Come on, dance with me
I'm levitating

I believe that you're for me, I feel it in our energy
I see us written in the stars
We can go wherever, so let's do it now or never
Baby, nothing's…

A new Stuart / Confessions two would be a bit reductive but the cigarette in me says do it mama.

Though after hearing the new Jessie Ware album I want James Ford from simian mobile disco to get a call from her. This is the grown up lush disco pop album Madonna was made for. It’s like... Ray Of Light elegance meets Confessions warmth. 
it’s perfect for Madonna in her 60’s. 
class without being called try hard or not acting her age.

The thought of it makes me very excited. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, steady75 said:

The only thing Madonna would need to do on Levitating is do her sexy talk voice. No singing needed. 

Smash.

If you read the lyrics they're very...Lucky Star maybe they'll just use a lil vocal throwback..Might be some nice promo for the Debut re-release when she gets her masters back this year. 

If you wanna run away with me, I know a galaxy
And I could take you for a ride
I had a premonition that we fell into a rhythm
Where the music don't stop for life
Glitter in the sky, glitter in my eye
Shining just the way I like
If you feeling like you need a little bit of company
You met me at the perfect time

You want me, I want you, baby
My sugar boo, I'm levitating
The milky way, we're renegading
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I got you, moonlight
You're my starlight
I need you all night
Come on, dance with me
I'm levitating
You, moonlight
You're my starlight
I need you all night
Come on, dance with me
I'm levitating

I believe that you're for me, I feel it in our energy
I see us written in the stars
We can go wherever, so let's do it now or never
Baby, nothing's…

I love the idea of Madonna just talking in that deep low way only she can do. 

On 7/1/2020 at 7:04 AM, Ulisaax640 said:

who knows? maybe if she does collab, she might turn towards this direction and work with stewart price again with a disco influenced album... confessions 2.0 ?

I was just thinking the same. If this rumor is true and they are working together again, maybe they are open to doing it again. ????

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

A new Stuart / Confessions two would be a bit reductive but the cigarette in me says do it mama.

Though after hearing the new Jessie Ware album I want James Ford from simian mobile disco to get a call from her. This is the grown up lush disco pop album Madonna was made for. It’s like... Ray Of Light elegance meets Confessions warmth. 
it’s perfect for Madonna in her 60’s. 
class without being called try hard or not acting her age.

The thought of it makes me very excited. 

So with you on that. I love Simian Mobile disco anyway but Ford's work on Jessie Ware's album is so so good. The whole record is brilliant -  much more interesting sonically and lyrically than the other recent 80s/90s influenced albums (Lipa and Gaga). 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:10 AM, Blue Jean said:

If she does it it should be a new song. Levitating is not that great.

i stated the same earlier in this thread about she should do a 'new song' rather this song. i like the song but i think the new song will get more traction. i think a collab will get attention from the fan bases somewhat but get lost in the shuffle being the single is already out there without Madonna on it.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:27 AM, heartcore said:

Apparently Madonna did her vocals pre-Corona. This is so exciting, and a real way for Dua to be "blessed" as the next pop girl generation after Madonna, Britney etc.

I don't believe that. She's been on tour for 7 months, and rehearsing until daylight the three months before.

Or maybe that was the reason she was always late on stage? :devil:

I hope it's not a useless collab like the Ariana one.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Future Nostalgia is being re-issued in November.

Is this confirmed? 

Levitating is not a good song. In fact, it's utterly boring! As for Madonna and Stuart Price, don't bet on it. Their parting was relatively acrimonious as far as I have understood. Additionally, while I love the Pet Shop Boys, and think Price did a good job on their first collaboration, subsequent efforts were less effective in my opinion, and he seems to have become a bit of a one trick pony. Basically he's a fanboy, and his gold dust was his ability to take old sounds and make them more contemporary. However, that's pretty much what the entire pop landscape has become now...80s and 90s sounds put through Logic Pro plugin. 

Even if Madonna is featured on Levitating it probably wouldn't "smash", at least not in the US anyway. Only one of Dua's singles from the FN era (Don't Start Now) has smashed in the US; Physical completely flopped and Break My Heart didn't even reach the Top 20. Adding Madonna to Levitating might create a little buzz on pop music forums and stan Twitter, but let's be realistic: that probably wouldn't translate to sales much less streaming success. 

1 hour ago, Nahual said:

Even if Madonna is featured on Levitating it probably wouldn't "smash", at least not in the US anyway. Only one of Dua's singles from the FN era (Don't Start Now) has smashed in the US; Physical completely flopped and Break My Heart didn't even reach the Top 20. Adding Madonna to Levitating might create a little buzz on pop music forums and stan Twitter, but let's be realistic: that probably wouldn't translate to sales much less streaming success. 

Maybe, but a featuring in a good song with a pop artist for a change is more than we are used to... 

2 hours ago, Nahual said:

"Physical" and "Break My Heart" are both close to 300 million streams on Spotify, so that's hardly a "flop". It's true "Physical" was #60 in USA (#3 UK) but "Don't Start Now" was still smashing when it was released. And "Break My Heart" was #21 in the Hot 100 (#6 in UK).

I love "Levitating" and I would love to see Madonna featured on it or any other track with Dua :)

And I LOVE this, hahaha:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic