RUMOR: Madonna to be featured in Dua Lipa's next single "Levitating"

4 hours ago, Nahual said:

Even if Madonna is featured on Levitating it probably wouldn't "smash", at least not in the US anyway. Only one of Dua's singles from the FN era (Don't Start Now) has smashed in the US; Physical completely flopped and Break My Heart didn't even reach the Top 20. Adding Madonna to Levitating might create a little buzz on pop music forums and stan Twitter, but let's be realistic: that probably wouldn't translate to sales much less streaming success. 

I think it's pretty obvious that Dua is not aiming for chart success by having Madonna on the track. She's obviously doing it because it's an artistic choice.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
18 minutes ago, heartcore said:

I think it's pretty obvious that Dua is not aiming for chart success by having Madonna on the track. She's obviously doing it because it's an artistic choice.

And she has taste for doing so! 

19 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

I don't think this will happen at all, Madonna takes years to put on music after an album era is over...

This has not always been the case. And the injuries plus pandemic/lockdown will have probably changed whatever plans she may have had.

On top of that we know she has been recording stuff with Malik.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
On 7/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, heartcore said:

Next single is Hallucinate:

The deluxe/re-release is supposed to be coming out in November, so we'll likely get Levitating feat. Madonna shortly before.

makes no sense. why release "Levitating" now as a single, then release another single right away,  only in a couple months release the previous single with a "feature"? i personally do not think anything has been recorded with Madonna at this point. it sounds as Dua Lipas team is interested in contacting her for a collaboration in the future. it may be a current/old track or it might be new. no one knows yet. its all a guess.

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

makes no sense. why release "Levitating" now as a single, then release another single right away,  only in a couple months release the previous single with a "feature"? i personally do not think anything has been recorded with Madonna at this point. it sounds as Dua Lipas team is interested in contacting her for a collaboration in the future. it may be a current/old track or it might be new. no one knows yet. its all a guess.

Exactly my thoughts.

16 hours ago, Gilbert said:

She hasn’t released Levitating as a single yet. Hallucinate is being released now, with the re-release speculated to come in November alongside the Levitating feat Madonna. Apparently Dua wants to film a video for it with Madonna but can’t at the moment because of COVID and M’s tour injury. Dua’s releasing Hallucinate now with a video featuring her boyfriend to tide things over till then. 

I kinda like Dua, and her music is nice, just nice to me, nothing spectacular, just the "less bad" that we can hear in radio currently. I listened to her album and wasn't impressed at all, it just sounds, yeah nice, nothing more. Nice in the sense that it's refreshing to hear some pop music again but not good enough for me to download a track... That being said, i'd like the collad with Madonna to happen because it would be way better than those horrible rap collabs she made these last year, it would be bring M back into the spotlight (well if she does things right, see a previous comment i wrote in this thread), and it could bring the Dua track from nice to good, so yeah i hope it will happen.

8 hours ago, heartcore said:

She hasn’t released Levitating as a single yet. Hallucinate is being released now, with the re-release speculated to come in November alongside the Levitating feat Madonna. Apparently Dua wants to film a video for it with Madonna but can’t at the moment because of COVID and M’s tour injury. Dua’s releasing Hallucinate now with a video featuring her boyfriend to tide things over till then. 

can you please cite sources because you speak as if this is all actually happening when there is no proof. all we know is that Dua Lipa is interested in getting her to collaborate and her team is hoping to reach out to Madonna.

11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

can you please cite sources because you speak as if this is all actually happening when there is no proof. all we know is that Dua Lipa is interested in getting her to collaborate and her team is hoping to reach out to Madonna.

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

There is no source. Fans are just filling in the gaps.

There are quite a few insiders on Popjustice, who have proven to be reliable before, that shared this information. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but it's pretty much all confirmed indirectly.

If there is indeed a deluxe edition released, it would make more sense to promote it with one of the new songs. Selena Gomez did the same with her Rare album where she made Boyfriend, a new song, her next single along with a video. They are under different labels of course. I'm sure the result will be better if the song is a new one tailor made for those two. We should have known it wasn't gonna be Madonna this time because for some weeks now it was rumoured that Dua would feature her bf Anwar in her video and not some random male model. And of course you don't introduce your boyfriend to Madonna and have them being sexy in the same video :lol:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
29 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

If there is indeed a deluxe edition released, it would make more sense to promote it with one of the new songs. Selena Gomez did the same with her Rare album where she made Boyfriend, a new song, her next single along with a video. They are under different labels of course. I'm sure the result will be better if the song is a new one tailor made for those two. We should have known it wasn't gonna be Madonna this time because for some weeks now it was rumoured that Dua would feature her bf Anwar in her video and not some random male model. And of course you don't introduce your boyfriend to Madonna and have them being sexy in the same video :lol:

It would be great if there’s a new song recorded for them, if it’s happening, that fits with the theme of Future Nostalgia - it’d be great if Stuart Price produced it. However, if it’s a remix, then I’d be excited to hear her on Levitating. 

13 hours ago, heartcore said:

There are quite a few insiders on Popjustice, who have proven to be reliable before, that shared this information. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but it's pretty much all confirmed indirectly.

by whom? no one official has confirmed any collaboration. just an interest and an interest to contact Madonna. i dont find "popjustice" blog a reliable source. you said they were "before" but what would that be? hunches and patching things together after many confirmed reports doesnt make them reliable. it just means they were paying attention like this possible collab. anyone of us can post a blog doing the same.

i guess come November will have to see what comes of this. pardon me for being skeptical when someone pops out of the no where by suddenly making claims as facts when there is no true source mentioned with their comments. 

36 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

by whom? no one official has confirmed any collaboration. just an interest and an interest to contact Madonna. i dont find "popjustice" blog a reliable source. you said they were "before" but what would that be? hunches and patching things together after many confirmed reports doesnt make them reliable. it just means they were paying attention like this possible collab. anyone of us can post a blog doing the same.

i guess come November will have to see what comes of this. pardon me for being skeptical when someone pops out of the no where by suddenly making claims as facts when there is no true source mentioned with their comments. 

There are actually of couple of real insiders on popjustice.