"Human Nature" Maxi available on streaming sites

New_Boy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is defo going on. 

I think the Like A Prayer remaster was a test last year. 

The streams for the additional tracks are

Like A Prayer - 12" dance mix - 744, 238

Express Yourself - Non Stop Express Mix - 482,378

Cherish Extended Version - 473,447

Oh Father Single Version - 473,000

Keep It Together - 12" remix - 243,837

Supernatural - 367,886

Thats about 3 million extra streams so far in a year on Spotify alone. Add in You Tube, Apple Music, Tidal and the others and that's some serious streams. 

Admittedly Like A Prayer & Express Yourself are huge Madonna songs in her catalogue, but she has many other songs that are huge too. At this point any additional content that pushes her streaming numbers up is good. They've probably actually waited until streaming is a huge force to capitalise on it rather than dumping them out there early days when subscriptions were low. 

Even 100k streams each for the other 250 remixes / version of her old stuff is a lot of numbers. 

8 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

I'm not obsessed with remastering – this CD is good as it is – I just hope they make the older stuff sound better, especially from the 80s. Much of it needs a bit a of a cleanup to 2020 standards. We'll see if that happens.

I actually find that pre-digital music sounds better and has more depth than current music. 

35 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I actually find that pre-digital music sounds better and has more depth than current music. 

It sure does... That's not the point I've made. The "2020 standards" is just a way of saying I hope for a proper mastering quality and not a poor job a la Celebration when it finally gets done. Not everything has appeared on CD so it could easily be bad. Anywayz, hope you got me :)