New_Boy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I bought the maxi on Itunes.

Give us the rest of her maxis! Please!!

Yeah it’s weird that she didn’t put it up for sale on digital platforms only first. You know what miss get money is like. 
She’s probably trying to make it a late day hit! 

It's all about that Bottom Heavy Dub.

NY 90's Underground Runway at its finest. 

Her maxi single releases were just as, if not more exciting than the album releases for me as a kid.

Because you knew one (or in many cases, several) of the of top djs of the time was going to turn it out. So many of her dance mixes are what I feel a lot of the new girls are trying to capture with that 90's sound..... But that's when we had Danny, Junior, Hex, Thunderpuss, Victor and the legendary Mr. Rauhofer. '94-'03 dance mixes/maxi singles were something else.

Love the Bottom Heavy Dub, Love In the Nature Mix and Runway Club mix

The quality of the remixes off the Bedtime Stories album were fantastic - such credible mixes that got played by top DJs and helped to keep her the right side of cool at the time. Wish we had the same quality of remixes on more recent singles

It actually drives me mad that there are multiple albums for each remix on Spotify. 
it’s so messy. Especially for the Madame X and Confessions era. They seem to have “tidied” all her other eras up by putting them under one single cover. 
I know it’s sort of necessary when new sets of mixes get released but I hope they continued to compile them under one single cover after the era is over. 

17 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Where do you  seee that it is in 24-bit on Tidal?

It has a little "M" or "Master" sign: https://listen.tidal.com/album/145523328

I think it's just the original master available to stream but that doesn't mean it's been remastered. It doesn't sound remastered at all (which is good in this case).

3 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

But then Secret, Take a Bow, Bedtime Story also turned 25 this year. So, i dont get it.

I hope it is the start of her back catalogue and becoming more prominent digitally.

If it's in 24-bit, even better.

they would have had to start last year when the the first two singles were released 25 years ago last fall. i still think it is more about it being an anthem song for Madonna. it is the song shes performed the most (from that album) and it does really size up who she is as an artist. maybe this is the beginning of what is to come.

i wont hold my breath though. :lol:

8 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

According to her legal team, this upload was a mistake.

Seems like a pretty big mistake to make, considering everything involved.

They say they are not aware of any more singles being released.

Odd thing to say, as they never are.

They didnt seem to be aware of this one either.

I can believe it  - it seems that another organisation posted the tracks to her You Tube account 'Provided to YouTube by Rhino/Warner Records' I think record labels pay third parties to load tracks up just to generate some advertising clicks from the ads that go with them - think that's why there has been loads of random non official live recordings loaded onto her You Tube account too looks like they just throw them in. Have noticed this happening to other artists You Tube accounts too. Maybe is the same sort of thing uploading the maxi single to the streaming platforms. Can't complain though as the maxi single remixes were great. I doubt her current team have any control over what Warners do or let other people do with her records made while signed to Warners?

15 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

According to her legal team, this upload was a mistake.

Seems like a pretty big mistake to make, considering everything involved.

They say they are not aware of any more singles being released.

Odd thing to say, as they never are.

They didnt seem to be aware of this one either.

It can't be a mistake since Madonna herself posted about it on her social media. Where did you read about them saying this?1015856120782940210158561207829402

https://www.facebook.com/madonna/posts/10158561207829402

5SMY8Sb.jpg

4 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Where do you  seee that it is in 24-bit on Tidal?

There's a yellow Master logo besides it. If it were a regular CD Rip in 16 bits, it would be just a regular lossless file without any logo. the M logo means it's 24 bits, real or just resampled.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

It has a little "M" or "Master" sign: https://listen.tidal.com/album/145523328

I think it's just the original master available to stream but that doesn't mean it's been remastered. It doesn't sound remastered at all (which is good in this case).

I don't think it's been remastered, but maybe they just took the original master tapes in 24 bits and released it like this without any new EQ or tweak.

vTNOHOf.png

I downloaded the tracks and checked their metadata and it is 24 bit, so perhaps they did take it from their master tapes or just an upsample (which would be extra work for them without reason, so I doubt it).

QwcIbGZ.png

19 minutes ago, anton5000 said:

There's a yellow Master logo besides it. If it were a regular CD Rip in 16 bits, it would be just a regular lossless file without any logo. the M logo means it's 24 bits, real or just resampled.

I don't think it's been remastered, but maybe they just took the original master tapes in 24 bits and released it like this without any new EQ or tweak.

vTNOHOf.png

I downloaded the tracks and checked their metadata and it is 24 bit, so perhaps they did take it from their master tapes or just an upsample (which would be extra work for them without reason, so I doubt it).

QwcIbGZ.png

I purchased the FLAC files and they seem to be 16-bit, though.