"Human Nature" Maxi available on streaming sites

New_Boy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

I can believe it  - it seems that another organisation posted the tracks to her You Tube account 'Provided to YouTube by Rhino/Warner Records' I think record labels pay third parties to load tracks up just to generate some advertising clicks from the ads that go with them - think that's why there has been loads of random non official live recordings loaded onto her You Tube account too looks like they just throw them in. Have noticed this happening to other artists You Tube accounts too. Maybe is the same sort of thing uploading the maxi single to the streaming platforms. Can't complain though as the maxi single remixes were great. I doubt her current team have any control over what Warners do or let other people do with her records made while signed to Warners?

then how do you explain Madonna herself making mention of some of these uploads? i believe this is a matter of someone just making crap up or maybe her "legal team" (yeah right!) was bypassed in being informed.  i just dont buy it though. someone mentions her "legal team" didnt know, but who spoke to her team to know this? maybe some flunky receptionist just had no idea and stated that. but again, i think this is just made up.  why someone would make this up?  i have no idea, but you cant tell me she and her team didnt approve this. and of all songs, "Human Nature"? also, i dont think Spotify, Tidal and Itunes would risk a law suit in allowing some random upload of her official mixes.

if she and her team have no control over what Warners does, what has stopped them from releasing a shitload of compilations, etc?  no, i believe Madonna has complete control of what is being released and what is not.  we all know she hasnt been too sweet on the idea of banking on her back catalog that much.

1 hour ago, anton5000 said:

There's a yellow Master logo besides it. If it were a regular CD Rip in 16 bits, it would be just a regular lossless file without any logo. the M logo means it's 24 bits, real or just resampled.

I don't think it's been remastered, but maybe they just took the original master tapes in 24 bits and released it like this without any new EQ or tweak.

vTNOHOf.png

I downloaded the tracks and checked their metadata and it is 24 bit, so perhaps they did take it from their master tapes or just an upsample (which would be extra work for them without reason, so I doubt it).

QwcIbGZ.png

I think it's simply their master tapes. And I think Warner's uploads on digital and streaming services come all from their master tapes/master files, never CD rips. Maybe legally internally they can only do it that way.

That's why the digital tracklists and versions on "Madonna", "Like A Virgin", "The Immaculate Collection" and even "Something To Remember" are that messy. They just tried to match the tracklists with whatever versions they had. I think they would just simply rip the CD and send it if they could/were allowed to do it. It would be much easier.

I've always been curious about this, would love to talk with someone from Warner to confirm. :smile:

I hope she puts out more older maxi singles on streaming I need

• Justify My Love (Hip Hop Mix)
  • Erotica (William Orbit Mix & Kenlou B Boy Mix)
  • Deeper And Deeper (David's Club Mix)
  • Fever (Edit One)
  • I'll Remember (William Orbit Mix)
  • Bedtime Story (Orbital Mix)
  • Frozen (Stereo MC's Mix)
  • Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Mix)
  • Nothing Really Matters (Kurder & Doffmister Mix)
  • Music (Groove Armada Mix)
  • What It Feels Like For a Girl (Tracy Young Cool Out Mix)
  • Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke Mix)

On 6/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, TonyMontana said:

I actually find that pre-digital music sounds better and has more depth than current music. 

U know when CD's first hit the market in he UK.
There was many a tale in the Papers about people claiming they sounded AWFUL.
And gave them a headache, no matter the genre or volume.
:thinker:
That gadget that make young people feels sick was on the TV again the other night.

16 hours ago, professormouse said:

U know when CD's first hit the market in he UK.
There was many a tale in the Papers about people claiming they sounded AWFUL.
And gave them a headache, no matter the genre or volume.

And they said the truth, because many mastertapes at the beginning of the 80 weren't mastered for CD. It was just the mastertape used for vinyl or cassette digitalized. The best example: Madonna's yellow maxi-CDs. The sound is awful.

And check the quality sound of the Japanese box with the 40 singles mastered (not to be confused with "re-masterered") to be on CD. The japanese singles sounds perfect.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic