Future Lover

"Human Nature" Maxi available on streaming sites

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, professormouse said:

U know when CD's first hit the market in he UK.
There was many a tale in the Papers about people claiming they sounded AWFUL.
And gave them a headache, no matter the genre or volume.

 

And they said the truth, because many mastertapes at the beginning of the 80 weren't mastered for CD. It was just the mastertape used for vinyl or cassette digitalized. The best example: Madonna's yellow maxi-CDs. The sound is awful.

 And check the quality sound of the Japanese box with the 40 singles mastered (not to be confused with "re-masterered") to be on CD. The japanese singles sounds perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

And check the quality sound of the Japanese box with the 40 singles mastered (not to be confused with "re-masterered") to be on CD. The japanese singles sounds perfect.

That box, to me, is the best sounding Madonna 1982-1996 CD release, no other version compares. All the songs sound great without distortion or issues. I thought it had been subtly remastered/boosted for CD from the original masters but maybe they were properly transferred from master to CD format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Prayer said:

That box, to me, is the best sounding Madonna 1982-1996 CD release, no other version compares. All the songs sound great without distortion or issues. I thought it had been subtly remastered/boosted for CD from the original masters but maybe they were properly transferred from master to CD format.

In my humble opinion, the japanese CDs are not remastered, just properly transferred to CD. Maybe they turned the volume up a little, or similar, but I wouldn't say they are properly remastered (like "Madonna", "Like A Virgin" and "True Blue").

"Mastering is about optimising audio for best performance on given media or format (Vinyl, Cassette, CD,...)

Ideally, remasters are old tracks that go through that same final process that they went through before, with newer technology. Remasters are often louder than the original tracks. However, some would consider the original masters better. Depending on the engineer who does the remaster, the song may sound “squashed”, because the engineer tried to bring all the levels (lows, mids, highs) up too much. However, this is not always the case. Not all remasters are louder, some do improve the clarity and sound of a song (or album). Again, that depends on the engineer and their taste."

I always say this: The album "Like A Prayer" needs a remaster because you can't hear the bass (the singles doesn't have this problem) and the album "Ray of light" needs just a little more treble. The rest are perfect (I'm not talking about the horrible loudness war present in every album after "Music", I'm talking about the original recordings.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I always say this: The album "Like A Prayer" needs a remaster because you can't hear the bass (the singles doesn't have this problem) and the album "Ray of light" needs just a little more treble. The rest are perfect (I'm not talking about the horrible loudness war present in every album after "Music", I'm talking about the original recordings.)

To me that horrible loudness war is really present from Hard Candy onwards. All her studio albums after that present flaws in one way or another. Same for the "live" albums. Confessions was the last one to be mixed perfectly although I hate the trackslist :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Same for the "live" albums. Confessions was the last one to be mixed perfectly although I hate the trackslist :laughing:

Gosh, the live albums are terrible. I was listening to some of Kylie's Aphrodite live release and that's like night and day. Is it just Madonna liking overproduction or the producers also being bad at the job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luckystar908 said:

Gosh, the live albums are terrible. I was listening to some of Kylie's Aphrodite live release and that's like night and day. Is it just Madonna liking overproduction or the producers also being bad at the job?

At the end of the day we don't know. We like to assume things but we cannot be 100% if she's behind every production decision :drama:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madgefan said:

To me that horrible loudness war is really present from Hard Candy onwards.

The worst album infected with the loudness war is "American Life". It's almost  unlistable on CD. At least we have "American Life" on vinyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, deathproof said:

🥴 I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard anyone prefer the vinyl of American Life over the CD

With a very good turntable, many people will say the same. That CD has the dynamic range compressed to the maximum. The problem is the "loudness war" not the original recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard Candy was the beginning of Demo Castellon as mixing engineer, you can hear the difference between the Pharrell tracks mixed by Spike Stent, and the Timbaland/JT tracks mixed by Demo. He is not good. I understand William Orbit’s frustration with mixing MDNA.
 

Human Nature seems logical to release with the MXT dvd upcoming, I agree there’s been some market research happening, and like it or not, HN is the lone representative of the recent #1 album Bedtime Stories. lol. 


I have a feeling she’s going to go back to Warner, it’s just a hunch, but it just makes sense for both. She’ll get to be Homecoming Queen, and WB will have a full discography to market for her. 
And she can still make new music. 

I guess we’ll see if more songs get added. Either way, it’s a good thing. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've got a feeling about that too. If she collects her masters Warner gets a vastly reduced cut of any profits made from re-issues she may chose to do once she owns them. I think this may be a case where Madonna is willing to use her masters as leverage for a new deal. Maybe it was her and Guys plan from the start. She will no doubt be aware of every single Prince re-release. Guy knows how much the fans do his head in asking for legacy stuff. Why not use the label and resources these albums were born from but use them as a carrot for renogitiations against any forthcoming material. It's the savy business move. She must be aware of her commercial decline her career has suffered since moving away from them. Maybe the control she craved over single choices really came back to bite her in the ass with the MDNA project.

GMAYL - Girl Gone Wild - Turn Up The Radio - Masterpiece - Superstar is the worst singles run of her entire career. Like ...Mama...This was your chance. Come home now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

Hard Candy was the beginning of Demo Castellon as mixing engineer, you can hear the difference between the Pharrell tracks mixed by Spike Stent, and the Timbaland/JT tracks mixed by Demo. He is not good. I understand William Orbit’s frustration with mixing MDNA.
 

Human Nature seems logical to release with the MXT dvd upcoming, I agree there’s been some market research happening, and like it or not, HN is the lone representative of the recent #1 album Bedtime Stories. lol. 


I have a feeling she’s going to go back to Warner, it’s just a hunch, but it just makes sense for both. She’ll get to be Homecoming Queen, and WB will have a full discography to market for her. 
And she can still make new music. 

I guess we’ll see if more songs get added. Either way, it’s a good thing. 
 

 

Yeah I agree ref Demo Castellon and really hope she will go back to Warners  - moving to Live Nation might have a been a good move for touring but not for her recording career 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 2:16 AM, steady75 said:

Yeah I've got a feeling about that too. If she collects her masters Warner gets a vastly reduced cut of any profits made from re-issues she may chose to do once she owns them. I think this may be a case where Madonna is willing to use her masters as leverage for a new deal. Maybe it was her and Guys plan from the start. She will no doubt be aware of every single Prince re-release. Guy knows how much the fans do his head in asking for legacy stuff. Why not use the label and resources these albums were born from but use them as a carrot for renogitiations against any forthcoming material. It's the savy business move. She must be aware of her commercial decline her career has suffered since moving away from them. Maybe the control she craved over single choices really came back to bite her in the ass with the MDNA project.

GMAYL - Girl Gone Wild - Turn Up The Radio - Masterpiece - Superstar is the worst singles run of her entire career. Like ...Mama...This was your chance. Come home now. 

We can only pray that she goes back to them or at least strikes up a better deal with Interscope where they need to promote her better. I also think that Interscope really pushed for "Commercial" music. They obviously saw the success of 4 Minutes with Justin and wanted to replicate this with a song featuring a big star at the time (Nicki Minaj). I also refuse to believe that it's a coincidence that when she switched record labels her writing credits went from 2-3 people person to 12 people.... I feel like she had to fight Interscope to get those on Madame X which are just written by her and Mirwais which is evident by that comment on Instagram where she mentions being forced into writing camps and asks for Guy's help. It will definitely be interesting to see where she lands now or if she will even sign with another company. Maybe she will fund herself??? Seems expensive though and she does love money so that seems unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shoful said:

We can only pray that she goes back to them or at least strikes up a better deal with Interscope where they need to promote her better. I also think that Interscope really pushed for "Commercial" music. They obviously saw the success of 4 Minutes with Justin and wanted to replicate this with a song featuring a big star at the time (Nicki Minaj). I also refuse to believe that it's a coincidence that when she switched record labels her writing credits went from 2-3 people person to 12 people.... I feel like she had to fight Interscope to get those on Madame X which are just written by her and Mirwais which is evident by that comment on Instagram where she mentions being forced into writing camps and asks for Guy's help. It will definitely be interesting to see where she lands now or if she will even sign with another company. Maybe she will fund herself??? Seems expensive though and she does love money so that seems unlikely.

Interscope didn't care for her since day 1. They only have a distribution deal, she owns the masters (Boy Toy Inc.), so they don't care to promote her music. It's not gonna give them money. The only single they truly promoted was the first one, "Give Me All Your Luvin'" - and they had a radio deal for that.

Basically, Madonna has been on her own since "MDNA". The 300 writers camp idea came from Guy Oseary, not Interscope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Interscope didn't care for her since day 1. They only have a distribution deal, she owns the masters (Boy Toy Inc.), so they don't care to promote her music. It's not gonna give them money. The only single they truly promoted was the first one, "Give Me All Your Luvin'" - and they had a radio deal for that.

Basically, Madonna has been on her own since "MDNA". The 300 writers camp idea came from Guy Oseary, not Interscope.

Wait so she doesn't own the master from 1983-2008? Does that mean she doesn't even have control over them on Spotify? I saw recently that the owner of Taylor Swift's masters completely removed all of her albums and she couldn't do anything about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Wait so she doesn't own the master from 1983-2008? Does that mean she doesn't even have control over them on Spotify? I saw recently that the owner of Taylor Swift's masters completely removed all of her albums and she couldn't do anything about it

No, she doesn't own any Warner album yet. She can claim for ownership 35 years after the release. Some fans say she's waiting to claim all the 80s album together or maybe negociate a deal with Warner (that's what Prince did before he died, he had ownership but Warner had exclusive license to distribute it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 11:50 PM, Celebration said:

Okay, so I'm not a fan of the HN remixes, but this one is really great. :) #nottooproudtochangemymind

Best remix, only available on the UK CD single.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Madonna owning all her masters from interscope era going back to Warners will make me happy for cohesive future compilations though knowing Mom this will be her next greatest hits collection after getting the rights to Madonna & Like A Virgin.

 

  1. Holiday
  2. Bitch I'm Madonna
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. God Control
  5. Everybody
  6. Into The Groove
  7. Give Me All Your Luvin
  8. Burning Up
  9. Turn Up The Radio
  10. Medellin
  11. Angel
  12. Living For Love
  13. Lucky Star
  14. Girl Gone Wild
  15. Material Girl
  16. Crave
  17. Borderline
  18. Ghosttown
  19. Dress You Up
  20. I Rise

 

watch the bish try it :laughing:

image.png.b43d887a596cc93d1d201c9786d481e7.png

get money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Sorry, I’m completely clueless on these things, and forgive me if I sound dumb, but am I right in thinking that if she were to return to Warner it’d be more likely for the reissues to start rolling out? 

the whole "going back to Warners" is just wishful thinking by some fans. even if she did, i doubt anything would change. Madonna has a stake in it all, which she should since it is her music and career. she is not going to let anything get released until she is darn ready to or unless she dies. and even then, she probably has "willed" all her music business decisions to someone who will keep the record company from releasing whatever they want. 

i prefer an artist who has control of their music than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

the whole "going back to Warners" is just wishful thinking by some fans. even if she did, i doubt anything would change. Madonna has a stake in it all, which she should since it is her music and career. she is not going to let anything get released until she is darn ready to or unless she dies. and even then, she probably has "willed" all her music business decisions to someone who will keep the record company from releasing whatever they want. 

i prefer an artist who has control of their music than not.

Well this narrative that she isn’t letting anyone do anything might not necessarily be true. She has tried to do anniversary box sets in the past but the label rejects them because she wants it done the best way possible, and that way is very expensive. This is why we got Remixed and Revisted instead of a twentieth anniversary box set. She’s also said she was trying to release a box set of all the tours including the missing ones around 2005, and in a Q&A in 2013 she said she was trying to find Blond Ambition in the archives to release it on DVD. So, I don’t think she’s as against these types of things as we think she is, I think it’s just, when she tries to do these things, her vision is too expensive and she probably just leaves it there. But my original question was, if she were to return to Warner, would there be more of a push for reissues from them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.