What's next now ?

Redha DBL

I think it's safe to say she's going to tour arenas/stadiums before her 70th birthday, and since the gaps between albums are getting wider, we'll probably get a album this decade at least, she won't tour without one, even if it's a Greatest Hits Tour in disguise like Re-Invention was...
But it's Madonna, for all we know she can bring the most productive recording decade of her career at this point, there's not pattern to follow and she's in a league of her own :jumpy:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I have no idea what to expect next but I imagine a long break is in store before we see any new music or tour. 

I think she's the type of person that cannot be doing nothing. It's the summer now but when her kids have school, if there's not anither lockdown, and with her movie ideas not greenlit she'll want to do something. She can't cook for all we know so I'm sure she'll be doing something creative later in the year, music related or not.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Greatest hits album and big arena tour in all of her glory with a few new singles. (And what I'd give to see her perform for a benefit show in the next year.)

If they do another Greatest Hits album then hopefully there’s some leftover tracks from those Mirwais disco sessions she can throw on as new tracks! “Magic” could actually be a decent title for another Greatest Hits. :lol:

44 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Autobiography announcement soon.

I hate to be the one bringing this up, but do we really want/need a rose-colored autobiography by her? I mean, this is the woman who denied having said that she was born in Detroit and was a high school dropper on American Bandstand when there's video footage of it (on her own channel) and is on record saying that Patrick Leonard was a co-writer Express Yourself on those SiriusXM things she did last year... 
awkward queen of pop GIF

dont honestly believe we are getting anything new from her in a few years. if a film project of her gets a go ahead then i am sure she will jump at that but who knows with COVID-19 virus on the rise again what is going to happen? i would think she may record new music in the next year or so if no film projects come to head. she might find it more convenient to record music if anything. i dont see her touring any earlier that 2022.

Whatever she plans to do next, she really needs to take a good deal of rest to recover her body and mind. The Madame X era was not the success that I am sure she was hoping it to be, so I am sure she will be reflecting on what directions to take next in terms of new material. I do hope that she fills up some time by commissioning some remasters and expanded releases of past albums to reignite interest in her and her past work, maybe with a few select live shows connected to each album (I'd love to see her do shows where she performs an album in its entirety). I am sure that these would be massively popular amongst fans and non-fans alike, and will serve to put her back on top. I don't think its a good idea to put out another greatest hits package as she hasn't really had any hits since the last one was released, and that one didn't really meet performance expectations. Whatever she chooses, the next steps are going to take a great deal of though by Madonna and others involved. 

4 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I don't believe anyone's going to fund her movies just as they haven't for the last 5 years.  Long break and spending time with the kids.

Wasn't Harvey Weinstein the one who produced W.E.? 

As for the next chapter in her career... I don't know. Maybe she could allow someone at Warner handle her back catalogue in a way that's accesible to anybody and everybody.

I don't see a new studio album or concert tour in the horizon. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Don't ask me why bit i think we will get new music sooner than expected.

I’d be here for it of course, but whenever the next album does come around, I hope she doesn’t work with the same producers as Madame X.