Requesting: Blond Ambition from Barcelona re-broadcast

lmvc

Hi!

Next August the 1st will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of an special date: the live broadcast of Blond Ambition Tour from Barcelona. I know it's a very special date for a lot of us and I am wondering if any of the European tv channel could re-broadcast the show... I've just written to TVE, the channnel who broadcast the show live in 1990 here in Spain, but I don't know even if they are going to give me an answer...

Can we do anything? Could someome write to your national tv channels??

Let's try it!!!

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don’t think any of the professional recordings of the show are in any state to be broadcast on television now :Madonna021:

19 hours ago, lmvc said:

Hi!

Next August the 1st will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of an special date: the live broadcast of Blond Ambition Tour from Barcelona. I know it's a very special date for a lot of us and I am wondering if any of the European tv channel could re-broadcast the show... I've just written to TVE, the channnel who broadcast the show live in 1990 here in Spain, but I don't know even if they are going to give me an answer...

Can we do anything? Could someome write to your national tv channels??

Let's try it!!!

Maybe TVE could re-broadcast the show on TVE2 at midnight or later. But without the rebroadcast rights is very difficult. At least I'm sure TVE digitalized the show years ago (If I not mistaken, I've seen scenes in "Cachitos de hierro y cromo").

EDIT: YES, Express Yourself from Barcelona in "Cachitos de hierro y cromo" at 56:00

https://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/cachitos-de-hierro-y-cromo/cachitos-hierro-cromo-divas/5606340/

21 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Maybe TVE could re-broadcast the show on TVE2 at midnight or later. But without the rebroadcast rights is very difficult. At least I'm sure TVE digitalized the show years ago (If I not mistaken, I've seen scenes in "Cachitos de hierro y cromo").

EDIT: YES, Express Yourself from Barcelona in "Cachitos de hierro y cromo" at 56:00

https://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/cachitos-de-hierro-y-cromo/cachitos-hierro-cromo-divas/5606340/

Too bad this vid is not available in my country

I remember in the late 90's it was listed in the TV guide on Australia's Channel V (pay TV/Cable station) that they were going to broadcast this show. I was of course so excited to be able to record it. But when the time came it didn't happen. It's pretty strange they would list it and then not play it, I'd assume they planned to screen it but were denied broadcasting rights.

TVE has answered me and they say the don't have the rights for a re-broadcast. 

But I can add that in 1990 in newspapers they said 'the show can be broadcasted live and two more times' but this re-broadcast never happened, so I don't know what to think...

56 minutes ago, lmvc said:

TVE has answered me and they say the don't have the rights for a re-broadcast. 

But I can add that in 1990 in newspapers they said 'the show can be broadcasted live and two more times' but this re-broadcast never happened, so I don't know what to think...

They broadcasted the first hour in TVE2 a year later in a special program. I never understood why they didn't broadcasted the full show again.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Maybe they just used it to fill a gap in their programming?

I would say the opposite. They didn't broadcasted the full show because the programming schedule was too strict. It's not the first time that TVE do that... For example, they by mistake repeated the penultimate episode of a tv show, and they didn't aired the last episode because they didn't have a free gap to air it...

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I would say the opposite. They didn't broadcasted the full show because the programming schedule was too strict. It's not the first time that TVE do that... For example, they by mistake repeated the penultimate episode of a tv show, and they didn't aired the last episode because they didn't have a free gap to air it...

What is more important to air than Madonna? :lol: 

22 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

What is more important to air than Madonna? :lol: 

Well... The Spanish television is a piece of shit. Only reality shows with stupid people and political discussions... Zero international music. Madonna sells well in Spain but that it's a miracle here because the spaniards only buy music with spanish lyrics. 

I taped the edited broadcast off Channel 9 in Australia in 1990 and watched it about 100 times. All the swearing was bleeped out and most of the monologues were missing, including the guy that puts the shirt on her after Holiday. It wasn't until I saw the unedited version about 20 years later that 'they put shit on me' in Keep it together finally made sense.