Requesting: Blond Ambition from Barcelona re-broadcast

lmvc

27 minutes ago, kevin said:

I taped the edited broadcast off Channel 9 in Australia in 1990 and watched it about 100 times. All the swearing was bleeped out and most of the monologues were missing, including the guy that puts the shirt on her after Holiday. It wasn't until I saw the unedited version about 20 years later that 'they put shit on me' in Keep it together finally made sense.

Also they showed fireworks above the stage when she was masturbating in Like a Virgin

On 6/26/2020 at 12:32 AM, Blue Jean said:

I think our best hope is that someone that works at one of these stations gets a copy and shares it without permission. Because I’m sure if any station had the right to rebroadcast it they would have by now.

But we at least know now it is there in their archives....

I think someone did that some time ago and that's beause we have the full show. Here in Spain the show was broadcasted live with two commercial breaks: speech before Where's the party and speech after Hanky Panky.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:59 AM, Aiwa08 said:

They broadcasted the first hour in TVE2 a year later in a special program. I never understood why they didn't broadcasted the full show again.

Wow! I didn't know about that! Can you tell more about that? Was it listed in tv schedules???

3 hours ago, lmvc said:

Wow! I didn't know about that! Can you tell more about that? Was it listed in tv schedules???

I can hardly remember it. It's been almost 30 years. If my memory is not mistaken, It was a program dedicated to live shows in "TVE2" at night or late-night. I coudn't record it because I didn't know the tv schedule (so I don't know if the show was listed properly in tv schedules). I was zapping and I found the show when Madonna was singing Open Your Heart.

The other thing that I remember:  they aired the full speech before "Where's the party" without any break commercial. But they never aired the full show. I can't remember the last song (maybe "Papa don't Preach" or "Like A Prayer").

Now in Spanish, I'm sorry: A ver si lo explico mejor. Lo pusieron en "La 2" en un programa dedicado a conciertos en directo. Por tanto seguramente venía en la programacion el nombre de ese programa, pero ignoro si se anunciaba lo que iba a emitir el programa (en este caso parte del concierto de Madonna).

Yo lo pillé zapeando cuando ya estaba por la parte de Open Your Heart. Y la parte que no se vió porque pusieron anuncios la primera vez que emitieron el concierto en "Where's The Party", aquí sí se pudo ver sin cortes.

Como el programa dedicado a conciertos, que no recuerdo el nombre, tenía una duración limitada, es por eso por lo que me imagino que solo pusieron la primera parte del concierto, pero imposible de recordar cual fue la ultima canción que pusieron.

En resumen, que no es que emitieran por segunda vez el concierto y lo cortaran, es que lo emitió un programa concreto que uno de sus episodios estuvo dedicado al Blond Ambition Tour de Madonna. Pero duró más de 30 minutos segurísimo. Me dió mucha rabia no poder grabarlo. El año de emisión creo que fue alrededor del verano de 1991, pero segurísimo que fue antes de 1992.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 5:48 AM, kevin said:

I taped the edited broadcast off Channel 9 in Australia in 1990 and watched it about 100 times. All the swearing was bleeped out and most of the monologues were missing, including the guy that puts the shirt on her after Holiday. It wasn't until I saw the unedited version about 20 years later that 'they put shit on me' in Keep it together finally made sense.

hi @kevindo u have the vhs tape???