Jump to content

So Prince is releasing another deluxe album ?


wtg1987
 Share

Recommended Posts

So it was announced today on the anniversary of MJs death of all days ? that Prince in conjunction with Warner Bros and one of my favourite artists is releasing an 8 CD/ DVD set in September this year ??


https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-sign-o-the-times-reissue/#more-159456

It looks like an amazing set too but I have just have one question - where is that fucking LAP blond ambition tour box set M ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m glad his music is more accessible but I know this not what he would want. His catalogue is being mined for all its worth and it’s sad. There’s compilations everywhere for him and Bowie. I pray Madonna’s is handled well when she leaves the scene. Hopefully she will leave the rights to it all to Lourdes and David. I don’t trust Rocco... to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I’m glad his music is more accessible but I know this not what he would want. His catalogue is being mined for all its worth and it’s sad. There’s compilations everywhere for him and Bowie. I pray Madonna’s is handled well when she leaves the scene. Hopefully she will leave the rights to it all to Lourdes and David. I don’t trust Rocco... to be honest.

I really think Prince’s estate are doing a good job with these re-releases. I expected them to just dump random compilations of unreleased songs out there similar to ‘The Vault - Old Friends 4 Sale’ but they’ve actually done a good job with these repackages. I mean this is the 3rd one now and all 3 have been very comprehensive and included live concerts with them, 2 now which have never been officially released. They’ve also put virtually all his music videos on YouTube and the Piano and Microphone and Originals albums they did were both imo good. Their RSD stuff has also been good. Overall much better than what MJ fans have gotten since he died.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prince died without A Will.
His Family members get equal dibs on his Estate.
They will all have advisors telling them 'wot' they think will make the most of of his Vaults.
Or no doubt, "Sustain His Legacy".......in Lawyer Promo Speak.
That's how these super deluxe must haves are happening.
Oh and he's dead.
That's when the Madonna equivalents might happen.
Coloured Vinyl or THE NEW ALBUM 'till then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I really think Prince’s estate are doing a good job with these re-releases. I expected them to just dump random compilations of unreleased songs out there similar to ‘The Vault - Old Friends 4 Sale’ but they’ve actually done a good job with these repackages. I mean this is the 3rd one now and all 3 have been very comprehensive and included live concerts with them, 2 now which have never been officially released. They’ve also put virtually all his music videos on YouTube and the Piano and Microphone and Originals albums they did were both imo good. Their RSD stuff has also been good. Overall much better than what MJ fans have gotten since he died.

Queen wanted to release the MJ/Queen tracks & his Estate vetoed it.
Mick Jagger does a decent copy though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news is she now has a blueprint of what Warner could do if she agrees to do it. This new Deluxe Edition and the one for "1999" are both AMAZING.

Also, Rhino have remastered all Alanis' "Jagged Little Pill" videos in 4K for the 25th anniversary and the results are promising:

They'll be releasing a new 4K video each week from today.

The fact that Warner/Rhino are behind all of this is great. Maybe Madonna is ready to milk her back catalogue now that big tours are not in the pipeline at least for the next year/two years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The fact that Warner/Rhino are behind all of this is great. Maybe Madonna is ready to milk her back catalogue now that big tours are not in the pipeline at least for the next year/two years?

I really hope that this is the case. I need to see some reissues :Madonna038:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The fact that Warner/Rhino are behind all of this is great. Maybe Madonna is ready to milk her back catalogue now that big tours are not in the pipeline at least for the next year/two years?

This is what we needed to prove that not Warner but just Madonna is to blame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Nobody Knows Me
54 minutes ago, Enrico said:

This is what we needed to prove that not Warner but just Madonna is to blame.

Hopefully she’ll change her mind about this sort of stuff. With her fortieth anniversary coming up, it really would be a good time to really start milking her catalogue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I just don’t get why she is so slow to this - I mean Alanis is on the ball and she is nowhere near as a visual icon as M ??

Well Alanis is the other extreme, its all she really does. Jagged Little Pill has had more anniversary editions and re-releases than even her fans would want. And if you go see her in concert 80-90% of the songs she performs are off that one album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, professormouse said:

Queen wanted to release the MJ/Queen tracks & his Estate vetoed it.
Mick Jagger does a decent copy though.

You know that the Queen/MJ version of "There Must Be More To Life Than This" got released a few years ago, right? MJ's estate only allowed the William Orbit remix to be released, and vetoed the original version.

 

Still no Freddie/Jacksons version of "State Of Shock" though. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Madonna isn't signed to Warner and Madonna isn't dead. 

The Prince estate has a whole team dedicated to putting these things together and working with Warner to put them out. Plus Prince was signed to Warner before his passing.

I wouldn't expect a release like this from Madonna anytime soon, that is until the album masters fall back into Madonna's hands like 3-5 years from now. If Warner won't re-certify Madonna's past albums, then they certainly won't work with her in putting together a super deluxe anniversary release. And if Guy O isn't going to manage a release like this, then I don't know how it's going to happen.

BUT

There was that LAP 4-disc re-release rumored earlier this year. The same time that a "Sign O' The Times" LP re-issue in peach colored vinyl that was rumored for RSD, then cancelled, but now it's finally coming out released along side all of the anniversary re-issues.

So maybe we might get something after all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Madonna does not want Warner make dollars off her back now. She did like being sued for Maverick and having to sell her parts in the company. (even though the ceo's who sued her are maybe retired now or left). One thing that frightens me with M is if she's ever to make remastered deluxe versions of her albums, she'll have a hand in them and if she does to themwhat she does editing her concerts......

Even PJ Harvey will have ALL her back catalogue including b-sides and demos re-released between this late august and 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sure she has no objection to this sort of thing it’s just that she would want to be involved in it. And she has other things that she’d rather be doing that are more important to her so that is why it never happens. Maybe now that her current albums are not doing so well she will start to see more value in looking back and milking her old stuff.

I do think at the very least they could put all the maxi singles on streaming services and release tours that were already out on other formats (Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition Tour.) That would not take much work to do those things. BAT should really be at the top of her list because it’s all you ever hear fans harp about. We can only assume she doesn’t like the Nice version and is waiting for the right time to get something better together....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Well Alanis is the other extreme, its all she really does. Jagged Little Pill has had more anniversary editions and re-releases than even her fans would want. And if you go see her in concert 80-90% of the songs she performs are off that one album.

i think this says it all. some are praising the new remastered deluxe packages from dead musicians to someone who is alive versus an artist who really had one huge big output. Madonna has had many. she rather stay focused on the present or new music. she still tours new music.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But doesn't Madonna at least own her own publishing? So wouldnt she be making money off these things if Warner were to put them out?

i'm speculating because there's no obvious reason why the best selling female artist has not her back catalogue remastered (at least). Maybe she does not need the money, maybe if we all stop buying super expensive concert tickets she'll be forced to work on her back catalogue :) Maybe we should bombard her instagram comments about that. She surely is the one blocking things since warner or any label wouldn't pass on the potential extra dollars this would bring them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...