Billboard’s Favorite Gay Icon Poll - VOTE!

madaboutM

9 hours ago, ITG said:

Pretty sure this is bought and paid for

It's a poll; what would even be the point of winning aside from bragging rights for stans on Twitter?

Anyway I voted for Madonna since she's close to winning the poll. Not that it matters who wins obviously but it takes just 2 seconds so why not vote? I am a little triggered that Ariana Grande and Carly Rae Jepsen are on the ballot though. Neither have been around that long, and singing generic pop songs that young gays like shouldn't automatically make you an LGBT icon.

Edited by Nahual (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Nahual said:

It's a poll; what would even be the point of winning aside from bragging rights for stans on Twitter?

Anyway I voted for Madonna since she's close to winning the poll. Not that it matters who wins obviously but it takes just 2 seconds so why not vote? I am a little triggered that Ariana Grande and Carly Rae Jepsen are on the ballot though. Neither have been around that long, and singing generic pop songs that young gays like shouldn't automatically make you an LGBT icon.

The point would be its promo. Gaga currently has an album out and it creates more interest in it to have articles written about her and to win a poll on the internet on a major music website that lots of people will see.

i just think its now in the planning stages of these popstars to conquer the LGBTQ market (and why wouldn't it be of course) and its been that way since the boy bands of the 90's. Its not for them to decide if they are a gay icon. Thats why Madonna will always be at the top for me as she never pandered to anyone or sucked up to any group. She was as rude and dismissive to everyone ...interviewer or fan, gay or straight ...and yet did so much for the gay community worldwide and before it was popular to do so. Before it was a marketing or media strategy. 

17 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

i just think its now in the planning stages of these popstars to conquer the LGBTQ market (and why wouldn't it be of course) and its been that way since the boy bands of the 90's. Its not for them to decide if they are a gay icon. Thats why Madonna will always be at the top for me as she never pandered to anyone or sucked up to any group. She was as rude and dismissive to everyone ...interviewer or fan, gay or straight ...and yet did so much for the gay community worldwide and before it was popular to do so. Before it was a marketing or media strategy. 

And the greatest thing about her, she never called herself the Queen of Pop either. It was the media and the fans. That's why this recent trend where anyone is trying to rewrite history is just pathetic.