Official Papa Don't Preach?

Shoful

Is the version of Papa Don't Preach that is on Spotify the official version?

I am streaming the album for the anniversary today and I noticed a completely different ending and that it goes a minute+ longer than the version I have been listening to for years. 

This Spotify version runs 5:45 and the version I listen to (the one from the 1983-2008 Collection)  runs 4:29

Am I a flop fan? :drama:

https://open.spotify.com/track/6A8OnjnpShshNpcqWtZRjr?si=-rVM09fvQEW-bLfJnQYR8A

The iTunes/Apple Music "True Blue" album has the original "Papa Don't Preach" album version.

Her 80s digital catalogue is quite messy. :stare: Different versions and volume betweeen each track on "Madonna", "Like A Virgin", "True Blue" and "You Can Dance". "Like A Prayer" is OK but "Pray For Spanish Eyes" has a pop/click at the start (and a extended version of "Express Yourself" in Amazon).

I'd love to know why so messy.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

The iTunes/Apple Music "True Blue" album has the original "Papa Don't Preach" album version.

Her 80s digital catalogue is quite messy. :stare: Different versions and volume betweeen each track on "Madonna", "Like A Virgin", "True Blue" and "You Can Dance". "Like A Prayer" is OK but "Pray For Spanish Eyes" has a pop/click at the start (and a extended version of "Express Yourself" in Amazon).

Maybe to boost Celebration versions? Because they are the most streamed ones. 

Just now, Prayer said:

That's so bizarre. Why aren't they submitting the same digital album to all these outlets? She really needs to hire digital manager. Someone who just uploads and managers her Spotify, Youtube, iTunes etc. If there is one right now they obviously suck. We need more of her singles added!

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The Immaculate Collection on Spotify has the 12'' version of Lucky Star.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

And the album version of "Borderline". "Madonna" has the 12'' Extended Mix of "Borderline".

I think the original masters of the Immaculate versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" are lost and that's why they had to properly remaster those two songs for "Celebration" (both sound very good) and not simply take the Immaculate or album versions and boost them with filters, like they did with many others for that compilation.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

And the album version of "Borderline". "Madonna" has the 12'' Extended Mix of "Borderline".

I think the original masters of the Immaculate versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" are lost and that's why they had to properly remaster those two songs for "Celebration" (both sound very good) and not simply take the Immaculate or album versions and boost them with filters, like they did with many others for that compilation.

But they don't need the original masters. They can do a digital copy of any CD (they are not streaming songs with the original master quality).

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Wait so are the Lucky Star and Borderline versions that are on The Immaculate Collection on Spotify not the correct ones that was on the original release? What about on iTunes?

On 6/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, Aiwa08 said:

But they don't need the original masters. They can do a digital copy of any CD (they are not streaming songs with the original master quality).

I think I wrote it in another post, but I don't think legally/internally they can do that, maybe Warner need to transfer and send the digital version from the original master, for any reason.

If they could just simply rip a CD and that was it they would send the correct versions to digital platforms from CD rips I guess...

On 6/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, Shoful said:

Wait so are the Lucky Star and Borderline versions that are on The Immaculate Collection on Spotify not the correct ones that was on the original release? What about on iTunes?

Same. "Lucky Star" is the Extended "US Mix"/"New Mix" and "Borderline" the Album Version. Both Spotify and iTunes/Apple Music.

AND "Like A Prayer" used to be for years the 12 Extended Mix that now is part of "Like A Prayer 30th Anniversary". At some point they corrected and put the Immaculate Collection version.

2 minutes ago, Nahual said:

I often get confused about which version of Madonna's earlier singles are the official versions, too. Like I swear I've heard three different versions of Holiday and at least two of them had slightly different lyrics. 

Different lyrics?

7 minutes ago, Ulisaax640 said:

you can dance also have a mistake on itunes. the albumversion of physical attraction instead of the ycd version

The "Physical Attraction" version on "You Can Dance" is the album version, just mixed at the beginning with the end of Everybody. But you are right, they have uploaded the "unmixed" version and not the "mixed" version available on "You Can Dance".