True Blue

Lucky90210

i know some dont like the two final tracks but it is one album i can listen from start to finish and feel like i have had fun. other albums provided the same feeling but this really takes me back to the 80s before i knew what other fans thought and just enjoyed Madonna for who she was. it was a fun era. social media tends to ruin the fun because everyone must weigh in (which is fine) but some just spoil what is purely fun.

16 minutes ago, Jet said:

A time before we knew what other fans thought...enjoying her for who she was. Perfect sentiment. Like a prayer gives me those feelings, sat in my room blaring it out learning every word and reading the cd booklet over and over. No distractions or opinions from anyone. Great memories.

yes, i miss that. but i really didnt know and still dont know any Madonna fans personally. so it is nice to come to a place like this to speak with fans who enjoy her like i do. problem is; i didnt count on all the harsh judging and criticism. not that we have to love everything she does but i wouldnt be here if i didnt enjoy her more than not.

I love hugely this album. This album was my favorite of her of the 80's and my second favorite album of him (the first was Ray of Light). I like all the songs of the album (Yes, i like Jimmy Jimmy and Love Make the World Goes Around) and particulary Open Your Heart, Live to Tell, Where's the Party and La Isla Bonita, four of my favorites songs of him. This album was considered a transition, in the image (she adopted a more traditionnal image compared to the two first albums) and also vocal, in a more natural vocal. Also she started to incorpored more influences, like latino (La isla Bonita), ballad (Live to tell) and the classical (the opening of Papa Don't Preach). This album included her first good ballad (except Crazy for You): Live to tell. Because the cover of Love don't Live Here's Anymore was not so good and Shoo-Bee-doo was so so. But depiste that, she retained her dance-pop style of her two first albums for many songs of the album (like Where's the Party or Open Your Heart) and this album made me joyful and dancing during each listen and Live to tell was a incredible ballad and a love the middle of the song, very relaxing. This album was very the prelude of her transformation and one of the most solid album.