Scan cover arts in digital stores

Speedy

Why are iTunes, Spotify and every digital stores and streaming services using a scan picture as a cover art? Concretely "Something to Remember" is dirty. :S
I tried to write to the label, tried to write to iTunes, tried to write to my local distributor but nobody answers me. Honestly, I didn't buy a lot of Madonna albums from iTunes just because of the cover arts. What do you think, will they change the cover arts if we start a petition or something?

Scandal...

M-STR.png

It’s been like this for ages! Even before iTunes! For the longest time iTunes and Amazon was using the incorrect cover of Bedtime Stories with a scratch mark in the middle lol

Its mainly the 90’s albums that have these scans.

I’m Breathless - part of the left side is cropped off 

Immaculate Collection - the blue background isn’t a solid color, it also should be a lighter blue

Erotica - PA sticker is on a slant, too close to edge 

Bedtime Stories has been fixed, but the coloring is faded

Something to Remember - already discussed

Evita - both editions are clearly scans. There’s even a scan line on the single disc edition

Even Like a Prayer is a scan

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i dont really care because i just listen to the music and not worry about the artwork to my digital files. and even if i did, it is so easy to replace. no big deal.

The worst thing is that even the audio quality on those digital platforms are not that good, like the wrong versions of tracks on Madonna, TIC; Plus, LAP sounds muffled and different from CD, there's even glitch in the begining of Spanish Eyes:confused:

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

This looks way better 

tbh I’m not sure how it works... it’s confusing like before the digital world how they used to make artworks??? I mean are they suppose to have the originals somewhere? Lol horrible just look at Sarah’s album on Apple! ??

So much better. In my opinion, they should always do her up right for anything and everything. That's what they are getting paid for. 

11 hours ago, TakeYaSeat said:

The worst thing is that even the audio quality on those digital platforms are not that good, like the wrong versions of tracks on Madonna, TIC; Plus, LAP sounds muffled and different from CD, there's even glitch in the begining of Spanish Eyes:confused:

i should correct my response. i should have said; i dont care because i dont even listen to her music via those platforms. i know they have wrong tracks, etc., but i have all her music on multiple devices and on CD, cassette and vinyl. i really dont understand the craze over streaming music when you can easily own it yourself and listen at your leisure?

41 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

So much better. In my opinion, they should always do her up right for anything and everything. That's what they are getting paid for. 

who is "they"? the digital stores arent getting paid to "do her up right"? it is actually up to the artists or their management to tend to these things. i am sure the artwork they are using is insignificant to her team to worry about.