Question about a "Hung up" snippet (with male backing vocals)

Redha DBL

2 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

I honestly can't remember how i got this remix, it must've been one of the downloads some of the forums i joined back then. To apply the effect at the exact same phrase from the clip Gilbert shared seems less of a coincidence. I can only think now to why this version sounds familiar is because it could possibly the clip that was released as a ringtone at mtv.com before the single was released especially when the clip starts at ring ring ring goes the telephone, lol. Either way, the alternative vocal layer on these verses are apparent and not fan made (from my point of view).

Absolutely. As you mentionned, and that some people don't seem to realise, is that it's not just about "a fan playing with distortion"... those back up vocals are genuine, they have never leaked. 

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

yep. motorola. i remember this was the version but i still think someone sped it up and distorted it.

yep it was definitely sped up, as for the distortion it looks like they recorded it with a horrible cable that affected its quality, it sounds like an audio that was recorded via radio with an unstable frequency. That's all i could process out of it.

1 hour ago, Piksel8 said:

yep it was definitely sped up, as for the distortion it looks like they recorded it with a horrible cable that affected its quality, it sounds like an audio that was recorded via radio with an unstable frequency. That's all i could process out of it.

agreed. just a bad recording probably. i dont believe the backing vocals are too different though.

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

agreed. just a bad recording probably. i dont believe the backing vocals are too different though.

What do you mean ? The fact is that in all the released versions there are no "male Madonna" back up vocals in the verses and this clip has some. The question is where do they come from ? 

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

What do you mean ? The fact is that in all the released versions there are no "male Madonna" back up vocals in the verses and this clip has some. The question is where do they come from ? 

But album version does have those backing vocals, just only in the chorus.

This version it appears in the verses, which isnt present on the album mix.

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

it is Madonna.  it is a rough audio but the background vocals are the same on the album. believe what you want but this is a rough audio that was used in the Motorola commercial. it is horribly ripped or someone purposely distorted it to make people such as you believe different. sorry but that is what i hear and i dont hear MALE vocals like you .

The question is not of these are a male or Madonna's voice lowered to make it sound like a male, it' been now stated that this is Madonna' voice, no question about it. The question is where did they get those M altered vocals ? 

and no, these verses backup vocals are not on the mottorolla commercial. On the commercial there isn't the abba sample, people are always talking on the music etc..  there is no way before the released of Hung a random fan had access to the backing vocals, to the official Abba flute sample and had a way to erase people's voices from the commercial and not Madonna's voice. All this is simply not possible.

Exactly what @TonyMontanasaid. The Motorola commercial used a version without the Abba sample.

We refer to these backing vocals as "male" vocals because they are edited to sound like a man's voice. You can hear it throughout the album on tracks like Forbidden Love and Sorry. 

Infact, download the Hung Up stems. Listen to the file Vocoder.wav. You can hear these vocals singing the chorus.

What makes these clips unique is not just the speed, but the fact that these "male" backing vocals are present on the verses, which isn't heard in the album mix.

Also, I just listened to the clips You Thrill Me posted with headphones. Yes, there is distortion, but i can tell you the original clips didn't have any distortion, at all! Plus, they were 2 separate clips. What was posted has them conjoined together. I have these clips on my external harddrive, but it's malfunctioning and need to get it repaired. I also have it on CDr with the motorola commercial audio, the instrumental excerpt that was initally on the rokr website, and the madonna.com itunes launch audio. But that CDr is at my parents house, and won't be able to get to it till the Holidays :(

It's highly unlikely any fan or trader back in 2005 had access to the multitracks to create these. It's 2020 and we still don't have the multitracks, only stems which contains only mixdowns of the vocals and beats that are used on the album, no unused elements.

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

The question is not of these are a male or Madonna's voice lowered to make it sound like a male, it' been now stated that this is Madonna' voice, no question about it. The question is where did they get those M altered vocals ? 

and no, these verses backup vocals are not on the mottorolla commercial. On the commercial there isn't the abba sample, people are always talking on the music etc..  there is no way before the released of Hung a random fan had access to the backing vocals, to the official Abba flute sample and had a way to erase people's voices from the commercial and not Madonna's voice. All this is simply not possible.

Does anyone hase the instrumental of this version off Hung Up without the Abba sample? I would really want to have it. The stems sounds similair but different.

Or that somebody can filter her vocal out of it.

Its sounds very disco and groovy?

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Exactly what @TonyMontanasaid. The Motorola commercial used a version without the Abba sample.

We refer to these backing vocals as "male" vocals because they are edited to sound like a man's voice. You can hear it throughout the album on tracks like Forbidden Love and Sorry. 

Infact, download the Hung Up stems. Listen to the file Vocoder.wav. You can hear these vocals singing the chorus.

What makes these clips unique is not just the speed, but the fact that these "male" backing vocals are present on the verses, which isn't heard in the album mix.

Also, I just listened to the clips You Thrill Me posted with headphones. Yes, there is distortion, but i can tell you the original clips didn't have any distortion, at all! Plus, they were 2 separate clips. What was posted has them conjoined together. I have these clips on my external harddrive, but it's malfunctioning and need to get it repaired. I also have it on CDr with the motorola commercial audio, the instrumental excerpt that was initally on the rokr website, and the madonna.com itunes launch audio. But that CDr is at my parents house, and won't be able to get to it till the Holidays :(

It's highly unlikely any fan or trader back in 2005 had access to the multitracks to create these. It's 2020 and we still don't have the multitracks, only stems which contains only mixdowns of the vocals and beats that are used on the album, no unused elements.

Thank you ! This is exactly it, word for word. 

• 3 years later...
On 7/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, Redha DBL said:

Oh please can you find them and post them ???!!! It would be amazing !!!

Bumping because I found the clips. Not LQ and distorted like previously shared

https://mega.nz/folder/95MhxRJb#GCPWohg9yAARW0PKxyCW_A

don't think we will ever get to the bottom of this.

the male vocals are way more prominent than the album version. the sound is faster. but the clips sound kinda filtered, like it's the center channel. idk

On 7/14/2020 at 9:07 AM, Redha DBL said:

Her acting lol 😆 

16 hours ago, deathproof said:

Bumping because I found the clips. Not LQ and distorted like previously shared

https://mega.nz/folder/95MhxRJb#GCPWohg9yAARW0PKxyCW_A

don't think we will ever get to the bottom of this.

the male vocals are way more prominent than the album version. the sound is faster. but the clips sound kinda filtered, like it's the center channel. idk

Yessss this is it !!! Thank you very much !!! After all those yeats we still have no info about that version ! I repeat for those who don't wanna read all the topic that these two snippets were online before Hung up leaked or had been released.