Your Thoughts On "Drowned World"!

Voguerista

I love "Drowned World and how Madonna reflects on her life and how she "substituted for love". it's her being raw, real and honest with her life ...and finding out what's important and what she really wants. When I first heard it, I wasn't sure I liked it, but, with more listens and after seeing the video I was hooked even more. Beautiful!

I remember the first time i heard this song, although It took me a while to listen to the entire album and I had to do it a few times, i liked this song very much, so peaceful and beatiful, the video is perfect.

"I traded fame for love Without a second thought", that says everything, i really wish she make something like Ray Of Light in his next album, i think we didn't see a great album like that since then, except confessions on a dance floor maybe?

I feel like the entire Ray of Light album is like my Madame X experience right now. 

I was a huge Madonna fan. And when I heard and saw the spiritual Geisha Madonna before the tour I was like... I’m out. I was just realizing my gayness... I wanted to dance, to be flamboyant and that album just didn’t suit how I was feeling. I didn’t even listen to it, except I did hear Ray of Light.

the tour was announced. It was a special HBO premier. I had clip outs of the DWT from Entertainment Weekly in my school planner... in my locker... I was psyched.

When I first saw the set list, I saw DW. And admittedly I was like I don’t know this song. I listened to it...and became enamoured. The HBO show happened... and I became obsessed. 
Seeing the Ray of Light album come to life, on stage, watching her emote through performance in these songs... sent a euphoric sensation through my body. I got it. 
ESPECIALLY Drowned World. That song so happens to be the first song I ever recorded when I started taking professional voice lessons back in 2001.

This is why I’m so excited to see the Madame X video release. I want so badly to connect to this album. I think all I need is a live treatment of it.

jesus I’m sorry this post is longer than I intended. Too much Chardonnay ?‍♂️

This song was my least favorite of this album (i prefer more Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Swim, Little Star and Has to Be), depiste i like this song. The opening and middle was very beautiful and incredible and i like the fact she used a different ambiance during the same song . But this is the ending then bother me. The ending aggressed my ears and this is desolate, because except the ending (the last 30 seconds), the song was very perfect and the text fit with the spirituallity of the singer about the time of her life. Depiste that, Ray of Light was my favorite album of her and also my best taste of tea when i listen many times this album.

Drowned World Tour is a funny one.

looking back we see the set list has

Holiday

La Isla Bonita

Secret

Human Nature

Youll See

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Drowned World

Beautiful Stranger 

Music

Dont Tell Me

What It Feels Like For A Girl

At this point in her career 2020 that’s a good chunk of back cat songs.

in 2001 it was brutal. When you go to see Madonna after not having her tour for nearly a decade people felt robbed. Particularly as the tickets were impossible to get and the prices were the biggest jump in ticket prices I can ever remember. I think I laid nearly £100 a ticket. Girlie show was £25/35 quid so £100  was ... a lot back then. 

A lot of people were seriously underwhelmed by the set list. A bit like MDNA the audience were wowed by being in the presence of a Madonna and by the spectacle ...but a lot of people weren’t feeling it like they thought they would. 
In my section there was an auditable sigh of relief when La Isla and Holiday kicked in.

To have had two huge number ones in her career and a massive number two since her last tour

American Pie / I’ll Remember / Take A Bow completely absent from the setlist, felt almost spiteful.

In truth Drowned World Tour was the point where she actually became self embroiled regarding set lists. The irony of the Ray Of Light era being the point in her career where she acknowledged that she’d historically been selfish and inconsiderate of others feelings...only to turn that on her fans.
?

Its a masterpiece  - the first time I heard it was on the radio when they interviewed her for Radio 1 and was blown away and knew it would be a huge record for her as it's so credible from a songwriting and production point of view 

I loved the performance on the Confessions tour the most 

I think it was the perfect choice to be the opening track on the Ray of Light album

Also the BT & Sasha remix was epic too - so good